Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 01-12-2017, 02:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
The fact that you think this is about you changing shows just how threatened you feel. New thinking does not require you to change. You resist it because it challenges your traditions. Well it may surprise you but your traditions do not have some right to contol what others may think by undermining thier characters. We are not yet living in such a totalitarian world. See how you like the spotlight turned on your character.
I do not feel threatened whatsoever. That is your projection only.

In fact, I could choose to place you on my ignore list because what you say bears no semblance to what I know or have experienced and you always seem to think I am doing/believing something which is not the case.

Of course, I could also go the Neo-Advatic route and say "there's no-one here who feels threatened...feeling threatened is just a concept and I'm beyond all concepts...nope there's no-one here...no-one is feeling threatened...wise up, dear seeker".

If you wish to follow your OWN chosen path of Neo Advaita, how 'bout you begin by adhering to the very tenets OF it?

However, I have chosen to respond and not place you on ignore to show how 'un-threatened' I am by your whole manifesto.

Thank you and have a nice day.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:37 AM
Master

totalitarian (tō-tălˌĭ-târˈē-ən)►

adj.
Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed: "A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul” ( Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:47 AM
Master
Quote:
totalitarian (tō-tălˌĭ-târˈē-ən)►

adj.
Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed: "A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul” ( Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
Totalitarianism is just another one of your many concepts. There are no concepts and there is no-one here who is being totalitarian...no-one...nobody. Wise up, dear seeker.

See how you run a mile without addressing the truth? You claim to be a Neo Advaitin, but you're not even that (in more sense of the term than it's literal meaning). Even a TA would be more of a NA than you appear to be.

How about you go and actually learn/study your own path you have professed to have mastered instead of giving the definition of a word we all understand the meaning of?
Old 01-12-2017, 02:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I do not feel threatened whatsoever. That is your projection only.

In fact, I could choose to place you on my ignore list because what you say bears no semblance to what I know or have experienced and you always seem to think I am doing/believing something which is not the case.

Of course, I could also go the Neo-Advatic route and say "there's no-one here who feels threatened...feeling threatened is just a concept and I'm beyond all concepts...nope there's no-one here...no-one is feeling threatened...wise up, dear seeker".

If you wish to follow your OWN chosen path of Neo Advaita, how 'bout you begin by adhering to the very tenets OF it?

However, I have chosen to respond and not place you on ignore to show how 'un-threatened' I am by your whole manifesto.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Coming from your traditional position, you fail to understand one that does not require following any dogma, and refer to it as though it was your approach to spirituality. It is not.

Ok if you are as you say lets see if you are willing to speculate about your character as well as mine. What is it about your conditioning that makes you attempt to undermine my character rather than staying focused on the issues? Could it be that you think it is the best way to avoid, limit, and undermine NA? Well I have news for you, such tactics are well known and seen through by most observers except for those here who also engage in such posts to impose thier tradtion on all. The days when you could do that are over. Give it up.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Ok if you are as you say lets see if you are willing to speculate about your character as well as mine. What is it about your conditioning that makes you attempt to undermine my character rather than staying focused on the issues? Could it be that you think it is the best way to avoid, limit, and undermine NA? Well I have news for you, such tactics are well known and seen through by most observers except for those here who also engage in such sad defensive posts.
I'm totally focused on the issues. ...one-pointed, dharana-focused!

There is no speculation, no character nor conditioning these are only your own concepts when there are no concepts! How can character exist when there's nobody here to have one? nope, nobody is here, there is no-one. Wise up, dear seeker.

So if you disagree with everything that 'Oneness' has stated in these past three posts, you don't even have an understanding of what Neo Advaita is really all about...and 'Oneness' waits for the reply of "understanding is also only a concept...and there's no-one here who understands...nope, nobody is here"....but 'Oneness' will wait in the 'eternal present' for a reply which won't eventuate.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:09 AM
Master

Quote:
I'm totally focused on the issues. ...one-pointed, dharana-focused!

There is no speculation, no character nor conditioning these are only your own concepts when there are no concepts! How can character exist when there's nobody here to have one? nope, nobody is here, there is no-one. Wise up, dear seeker.

So if you disagree with everything that 'Oneness' has stated in these past three posts, you don't even have an understanding of what Neo Advaita is really all about...and 'Oneness' waits for the reply of "understanding is also only a concept...and there's no-one here who understands...nope, nobody is here"....but 'Oneness' will wait in the 'eternal present' for a reply which won't eventuate.

If you were focused on the issues, you would not refer to my character. as if you know me which of course you do not. Back off with that nonsense and we will not have to look into your character to speculate why you need to do that.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
If you were focused on the issues, you would not refer to my character. as if you know me which of course you do not. Back off with that nonsense and we will not have look into your character to speculate why you need to do that.
*holds up a mirror*
Old 01-12-2017, 03:21 AM
Master

Quote:
*holds up a mirror*

OK so we will have to look at your character if you persist. I suggest you reflect on what you may be projecting. A clue about that will be what you critisise in others, that you have been conditioned to believe is unacceptable in yourself. In your case I suggest that is free thinking and exploration because you vilify others who dare to present an alternative to your precious traditions.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:37 AM
Master
Quote:
OK so we will have to look at your character if you persist. I suggest you reflect on what you may be projecting. A clue about that will be what you critisise in others, that you have been conditioned to believe is unacceptable in yourself. In your case I suggest that is free thinking and exploration because this is what you critisise in others.
The only thing which I may be 'projecting' is the need to go beyond the mind and the ego which believes there's 'nothing more to it' and rest within/speak directly from the 'heart-space' and leave all the dry logic, reasoning, vasanas and samskaras behind me. I can be totally open and honest about this in regards.

I understand that trying to communicate with you will get us both nowhere, but why do I thus persist? God only knows! Maybe I should be 'true to myself' and stop doing so.

Maybe I hoped that I could open your mind a bit to see that I am both a Traditional Advaitin AND a Neo-Advaitin, but that sort of fell short of the intended mark. Maybe I wanted to foster a realisation in you that you're still dwelling in the awareness of name and form, contrary to your own professed belief system, but that failed to achieve anything either, but why do I still bother? I dunno - you tell me!

However I've also become aware that ignorance can unfold in Oneness just as much as the truth can, so I should just let it be, as everything is meant to be exactly how it is.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:56 AM
Master

Quote:
The only thing which I may be 'projecting' is the need to go beyond the mind and the ego which believes there's 'nothing more to it' and rest within/speak directly from the 'heart-space' and leave all the dry logic, reasoning, vasanas and samskaras behind me. I can be totally open and honest about this in regards.

I understand that trying to communicate with you will get us both nowhere, but why do I thus persist? God only knows! Maybe I should be 'true to myself' and stop doing so.

Maybe I hoped that I could open your mind a bit to see that I am both a Traditional Advaitin AND a Neo-Advaitin, but that sort of fell short of the intended mark. Maybe I wanted to foster a realisation in you that you're still dwelling in the awareness of name and form, contrary to your own professed belief system, but that failed to achieve anything either, but why do I still bother? I dunno - you tell me!

However I've also become aware that ignorance can unfold in Oneness just as much as the truth can, so I should just let it be, as everything is meant to be exactly how it is.

You bother because of the typical arrogance present in adherence to tradition, that there is no other way. You have no priviledged position any more. The world has moved on and allows for new thinking and change. Catch up or at least stop sulking in the corner vilifying those who dare to think differently. Give up trying to control it.The Genie is out of the bottle. Your way is not the only way anymore.