Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 20-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Experiencer
Should I give hypnosis a break?

Hi, So I am massivley into spirituality and personal development etc. I have been using techniques to help change my behaviour and programming I guess you could say. I am particualarly fond of hypnosis and have been recently been listening to recordings everynight just before bedtime as I have noticed it helps me to sleep much better.

For about the last month I have been listening to recordings for increasing wealth, abundance etc. As I believe I have had blocks around money. It has definatley changed my beliefs around money which is what I wanted. But, I was wondering if I should now stop listening to these recordings? Ive heard with theraputic hypnosis there should be a break of 1-2 weeks inbetween sessions to give the subconsious a chance to 're-progamme' itself, so to speak.

Should I do the same? Should I stop listening to these recordings for a few weeks? And will that break, give my subconsious more time to take these new beliefs on board? Or can I jus continue as I am listening everynight as I can feel it is having a positive effect? The last few days I've been getting mild headaches and thats the main reason I wondered. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks for reading!
Old 20-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Ascender

You don't need to do anything.

Your continual need to use techniques like hypnosis for self-improvement only reinforces this belief that you don't yet have what you're looking for, or are somehow incapable of it; yet, you need only realise that what you've been searching for has always been right in front of you, and you had merely to grasp at its opportunity.

The greatest gift you could give yourself is self-acceptance and self-worth. No need for brainwashing or programming or any other artificial overlay. Just allow yourself to shine naturally.
Old 20-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for the response but it wasnt really the answer I was looking for. I have worked on self-acceptance, self-worth etc. I also work alot on 'living in the moment' and being present. The only reason I want to manifest more money and abundance is to improve the quality of my life experience. Although without this wealth I am happy anyway :)

I believe people should live from thier own set of beliefs. Your's may differ from mine but that doesnt mean either of us are wrong, in my opinion!
Old 20-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Enya

Hypnosis is all fine, but you need to allow the psyche to process and acknowledge the programming, imho. Give the cds a rest and just determine life by yourself. Your own focused intent and positive outlook will create the changes you want.