Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-10-2010, 03:05 AM
GoldenEagleIndy

Working the platform?

Just wondering if anyone else is at the point in your development where you have done this, or if you're way ahead of me and doing it?

Tonight at class we got to get up on stage and perform like the certified mediums who work during the normal Sat/Sun deals. This is the 3rd time that I have gotten up there, the first time I was lost and really nervous. To the point I almost felt like blacking out, my vision was coming in and out on me. The second time was last week, but I didn't take my paintings up there, instead I read aura and ad libbed my way until I asked to stop. Tonight I got up there and I had a name ringing in my head, Betty, Betty Boop was an old persons cartoon sexy gal. I got her impression when doing one, and thankfully there was someone who had an aunt Betty in spirit. The message was simple, here I am and blue is my favorite color, much love and encouragement, pride, etc. Turns out she used to wear a Better Boop t-shirt as well. :)

The second one was for a gal who performed healing on me earlier in the night, her's was "tired and not going to check my grammar" the two angels looking towards the ascended master in green. It also resonated with her and she explained who the green lady was, I have forgotten that part.

The third was a golden eagle, imagine that! :) The gal who it was for was not there tonight, but I gave it to her friend and will give her a message with it the next time I see her at class. I hated to give that one away, as my Golden Eagle is so very protective and strong. Alas though there's more than one of them, and I am here as a vehicle for spirit.

So, I didn't die up there and did my best with spirit!

Have you done it? Tried it? Any thoughts?

Namaste!

GEI

Old 22-10-2010, 03:43 AM
cheeky_monkey

Hi Goldeneagle, congratulations on doing platform work. I have never given a psychic or mediumistic reading as I've only experienced isolated phenomena. But I wanted to post because this evening I have been thinking a lot about Betty Boop, I had a bag once with a Betty Boop picture when I was a child. The reason I was thinking about Betty Boop was there is a shop in my home town which sells Betty Boop products like clocks, figurines etc The window of the shop was smashed and covering the window is plywood with the words 'Jesus Loves You'. When I was a small child and had only just started school, whenever a child in my class cried, I would go over to them and remind them that Jesus loves them, and that seemed to help them. I've been thinking a lot about my beliefs and thinking a lot about Jesus, hence why I've been thinking about Betty Boop and that shop window.

I just wanted to let you know as I found you mentioning Betty Boop very coincidental.

Well done on doing platform, I think even if I had your gift I couldn't get up on stage and demonstrate my ability (not that i have the ability).

Bestest wishes

cheeky
Old 22-10-2010, 04:02 AM
GoldenEagleIndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Hi Goldeneagle, congratulations on doing platform work. I have never given a psychic or mediumistic reading as I've only experienced isolated phenomena. But I wanted to post because this evening I have been thinking a lot about Betty Boop, I had a bag once with a Betty Boop picture when I was a child. The reason I was thinking about Betty Boop was there is a shop in my home town which sells Betty Boop products like clocks, figurines etc The window of the shop was smashed and covering the window is plywood with the words 'Jesus Loves You'. When I was a small child and had only just started school, whenever a child in my class cried, I would go over to them and remind them that Jesus loves them, and that seemed to help them. I've been thinking a lot about my beliefs and thinking a lot about Jesus, hence why I've been thinking about Betty Boop and that shop window.

I just wanted to let you know as I found you mentioning Betty Boop very coincidental.

Well done on doing platform, I think even if I had your gift I couldn't get up on stage and demonstrate my ability (not that i have the ability).

Bestest wishes

cheeky

That's really cool of you to share with me, thank you so much! I'll tell you more about what I got from her this week.

First of all blue, blue blue blue blue.. and more BLUE! :) All week after doing the peace with spirit I had curvy little figure and happy face on my mind.

I'll tell you I had experienced isolated phenomena as well, and never had the first thought of getting up there and or doing what I am now until someone told me that I could and should. You can to, everyone can if they try and listen. I am here to tell you that you can, and you will if you want to. Could you please share with me the phenomena (s)? I am getting that you had a manifestation, and maybe clairaudience? Or, you saw something and you've heard things that you may discount as that little voice in your head that everyone has.

I could be completely off base, but that's what I just got after reading your reply.

I look forward to hearing more about it, and Jesus is pure love my dear!
Old 22-10-2010, 04:36 AM
cheeky_monkey

In case you haven't read my previous posts I love sharing my experiences with people, and would love to hear your experiences too if you feel comfortable to.

Well my experiences have been very varied and began when I was a child. I would hear children/female whisper my name when playing barbies but ignored it as my imagination. Now to tell you something a bit eww. When i was a child i blew my nose one day and out of it was, well you know, but it was in the shape of the millennium dome, wierd aye?

Not much else happened till I was 14 where I saw two UFO's, one was like the star of bethlehem. I could go into detail and will if you wish but it's a long story. Basically the UFO's occurred during dates very specific to me and my family. Then I realised I was having prophetic dreams, mainly about health of myself and my grandfathers. Then I had a freak accident, another long story but it wasn't a normal accident. I was 16 almost 17 at the time. Then at 17 I experienced telepathy for the first time with my mum, an event which gave me such hope. Then a friend passed away and I began experiencing more coincidences like smelling perfume in her home and finding out her parents had bought her perfume just before her death (she died on boxing day).

I tried to forget about the paranormal and concentrate on my studies but in 2006 a spirit crow silently materialised in a cupboard at my ex boyfriends house, In the cupboard was pictures of Jesus, Mary and his father who had passed away. The bird was less than a metre away from me and i saw it dematerialise infront of my very eyes.

Apart from that, I've heard voices. The last voice I heard in my head i think was my grandmother, but when she realised i was listening she went quiet. Weird aye?

Sorry to ramble on.
Old 22-10-2010, 02:19 PM
GoldenEagleIndy

Oh no, not rambling at all.

That's all very interesting, it sounds to me like you just need some affirmations to allow you to channel that ability and then learn to use your gift (s) to assist other people.

Have you made any attempts through meditation or other means to openly communicate with your spirit guides? It sounds like they want to work with you, also you are very intuitive as you recognized that these things were not ordinary every day occurrence.

One thing that I am learning is that I am the one in control of communicating, and though my guides and loved ones will also give me signs, they will not interfere with my free will.

May I suggest that you find a safe place, that's quiet, and collect your thoughts and be still. See if you hear anything then, focus solely on your breathing and nothing else, let everything else just go and be. Then write down or post here, if you would like, what your first impressions are. What do you see, what do you hear? It's okay to come back and say that you didn't hear or see anything, as a lot of times this can take some practice before happening. Your guides are all very patient and there to work with you, they know when the right time is, or not to do your work.

Thank you so much for sharing with us, I'll ask my guides to help you on your way if you would like?

Namaste,

GEI
Old 22-10-2010, 03:05 PM
cheeky_monkey

Hi Golden Eagle thank you so much for your advice and words of encouragement. When you say

Quote:
they know when the right time is, or not to do your work.

what is meant by 'not to do your work'? I don't work as I haven't been able to find a job.

I haven't learnt to meditate, I'm not sure I wish to encourage these experiences. In my heart I'd like to be like the average joe, have a job with normal wages, a social life and friends i can relate to. The paranormal has only alienated me further and not all my experiences have been good. Infact I get annoyed that I don't seem to understand the message behind the event.

I would like to help people but i realise that no one will help me get out of my situation, so i have to concentrate on myself and my family first.

Thanks again for your reply
Old 22-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Administrator
Hey Golden EagleIndy.

It can be nerve wracking when you first do platform. i have done readings for groups of people about 20 people in one sitting, all got messages i even started speaking in a strange language, to find out later it was polish,
i dont do it so much now, but i did a sitting on tuesday evening only one person
was trying to claim all my attention,
one other i have to see on her own she needed my time and the other took it all.
i found out after she always does it,
so yes i have done it, but i prefer smaller groups they have more chance of getting a message,

Namaste
Old 22-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Enya

I've done a bit of platform work - more for the experience than anything. I do get really nervous beforehand, even though I trust my spirit friends and know I am good at what I do. I do prefer my one-to-one work, though.

Cheeky Monkey - you said
Quote:
Apart from that, I've heard voices. The last voice I heard in my head i think was my grandmother, but when she realised i was listening she went quiet. Weird aye?

What probably happened there was that you paid attention to your grandmother; in other words, you changed your mind's focus and zeroed in on her voice. This changed the connection's vibration, like suddenly getting interferance on the line, and so you 'lost' her voice. It's easily done - I do it myself. Someone calls my name and I go 'oo, who's that?' and change the whole thing. The best thing to do is stay detached and in the state of relaxation you were in originally, like noticing a thought coming into your head and refusing to pay attention to it... It takes practice, but it can be done.
Old 22-10-2010, 05:36 PM
cheeky_monkey

Thanks Enya. I appreciate your advice and sorry for taking over the thread.
Old 22-10-2010, 07:06 PM
GoldenEagleIndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Thanks Enya. I appreciate your advice and sorry for taking over the thread.

No no, this is about development and you had something that resonated with you. Speaking up was most certainly the right thing to do, we're I hope, all here to help each other to learn and grow. And to figure things out, so to speak!