Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Knower

Why does anyone want to climb Mount Everest? Go to war? go to space?

We are infinite beings and this is the greatest way to experience limitations, what someone sees as a bad life, for an eternal soul will be a great ride, a great experience that may be less than a second in the overall scheme.
Old 17-01-2016, 01:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer76
Why does anyone want to climb Mount Everest? Go to war? go to space?

We are infinite beings and this is the greatest way to experience limitations, what someone sees as a bad life, for an eternal soul will be a great ride, a great experience that may be less than a second in the overall scheme.

Exactly!
Old 19-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Sojourner2013 that is the best description of reincarnation I have ever heard. Thank you!
Old 19-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Master

You have no choice. All that you have ever thought, said and done all adds up to a 'total' and this total is visible today at this moment in where you are now. The only way in the future is 'the middle way'.
Old 19-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Master
Justice, payback, universal Karma.

IMHO it wouldn't surprise me if an evil arms dealer dies and gets reincarnated as a child in an African nation where they then get a taste of their own weapons dropping on their heads.

Karma always comes back to bite the attacker sooner of later.

Crumbs, even witches understand the basic fact concerning curses where if a curse is not justified then that curse will always return to the witch (attacker) 10-fold.

Last edited by Tristran : 19-01-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 19-01-2016, 01:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristran
Justice, payback, universal Karma.

IMHO it wouldn't surprise me if an evil arms dealer dies and gets reincarnated as a child in an African nation where they then get a taste of their own weapons.

Karma always comes back to bite the attacker sooner of later.

Crumbs, even witches understand the basic fact concerning curses where if a curse is not justified then that curse will always return to the witch (attacker) 10-fold.

Karma isn't about retribution.
Old 19-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Karma isn't about retribution.
What is karma then ?
Old 19-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Master

Quote:
What is karma then ?

Karma is quite simply cause and effect. It has to do with our actions and the actions of everything else depending upon their cause. Everything that happens has a cause. In most cases the cause isn't visible, knowable or traceable, but everything is connected and influences everything else. You know - if a butterfly flaps its wings in China... If I may take you as an example: Who you are, where you are, how you look, what you wear, how you speak, your relationship with 'George', all of this and more as you stand in life today is the sum total of everything you have ever done. If you were a member of ISIS that would be the result of everything you have ever thought about, talked about and done. The challenge is to understand that what you do unto others and to other things - chopping down forests leads to erosion for example, so try only to do those things which add to mankind's benefit.
Karma takes place now, nowhere else, just in the Now. Now is also the only eternity, that's where we all are. All in the state or condition that we have caused. There is no one else to blame.
This doesn't alone mean that a rich and handsome man has made good decisions it's just that all his decisions have led him to be rich and handsome - the wheel turns and what goes up comes down - and goes up again and down again until we change it. We have to understand that if we were only interested in one another's welfare and did something about it we'd have a different world.
Without ISIS for example.
Old 19-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Knower
What about the possibility that one "jumps into" a "bad life" by being attracted to something/someone but not being detached/pure enough to see the Big Picture? Suddenly, after the fact, one realizes that, if they had been pure enough to have seen the Big Picture, a different course of action might have been taken.

This does not negate what has been written previously. I only present it as still another possibility.
Old 19-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Master

Quote:
What is karma then ?

I was once visited by an energy called Karma during a dream, it was simply a stream within the great current of the cosmos. It simply showed that it was a force you could choose to evoke on your chosen path (so you do not get lost)... something that dissolves when a life is ended.