Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 08-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Trieah

Love and Lust

Love and Lust where but two children of gods. And as their other brothers and sisters, they too where spoiled by their very nature. Love enjoyed her games of taunting the mortals who lived upon the earth below. What a lark it was to whisper sweet promises that would only end with despair. For she had no intentions of allowing her seeds to grow. Her twin brother, Lust, was no better. He could rain down unquenchable desires faster then the time it took to look the other way. Together they would carelessly laugh the days away and bask in all the misery they created.

It was with a heavy heart that their father listened to all the pleadings and prayers of mankind. It seemed that not one of his children cared for the people down below. Else why would they spread such grief? It hurt him deeply to implement any punishment upon his offspring. So he only chose the ones who would best serve as examples.

“Sorrow,” The god of emotions called out. “Come forth and stand before me.” With head bowed low, Sorrow bid her father’s command. “Love. Step forth.” His voice boomed throughout the courtyard. Lust, along with Regret were also singled out to be chastened.

“My children whom I adore, why do you insist upon causing such torment? All of you were meant to better humanity. To help them flourish and grow. It is true that evolution must have its strife. But without reward, the soul dies a little at a time. Take heed of my words precious ones, for they will serve you well to remember.” His face grew taunt with resolution. “Hence forth from this day, I decree that you shall be as one.”

With a mighty clap of the god’s great hands, Love fell to her knees as her spirit was entwined with that of Sorrow’s. For the first time, Love knew just what kind of pain she had caused all those years. And for the first time, Sorrow felt the true joys of her sister’s soul.

In that same instant, Lust began to tremble with the knowledge of remorse for his wicked deeds. He never before knew just how bad it could feel. And Regret . . . . He could now hold his head high. His own birthright gave him the insight to temper desire with what should be.

Each of the four now knew how the other felt, and what it was like to be at the opposite end. They learned to use their gifts wisely and helped the race of man grow just as they were meant to do. Though from time to time, Love and Lust would delight in a game or two of despair, they always had Sorrow and Regret to keep them from straying from their path for too long.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Natalia

Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed reading this story....and it just so happens to be my bedtime!

Old 10-04-2012, 04:18 AM
Trieah

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it Been thinking about using that as a foreword to a much bigger story. But don't know if I'll ever get around to writing that particular story.