Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-06-2017, 01:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Not Sure What's Going On - Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming?

Hello everyone. I thank you in advance for any knowledge you might be able to share in regards to this. I've been experiencing something new in meditation and I'm really not sure exactly what's going on.

It's happened a few times to me now but just about two days ago it was very vivid. What happens is I enter a meditation, go into a very deep state, and then I enter another "reality" that looks almost exactly like the physical 3d. I don't know that I've transitioned into another reality, I always think its real, and I can feel my entire body rumbling/vibrating very intensely. It feels like waves surging up and down. Usually I am moving my hands outside of my body and feel like I am about to propel out of my body entirely. I hear music that sounds like chanting. I do have partial awareness, in that I can control my thoughts and some actions, however I am not aware that I've entered another level/layer of reality (or whatever it is). My room always looks similar to my "real" bedroom however there will be details slightly off or changed. I usually want to leave my body, but was hesitant in the past as I did not know what was really going on.

I have been consciously trying to enter this state now. I meditated for some time today and I was able to get to a point of feeling the vibration throughout my upper body, but once I became aware of it it instantly went away.

It's really fascinating, and I've never experienced anything like it.
Old 17-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Newbie ;)

You're entering into a transition state between levels of consciousness from which you can with practice step off into full astral projection. It can take some time before you begin to immediately recognise this state and are then able to go further into an AP. I call it a gateway room because in my experience, once you leave through a door or my preference, a window, it functions as a portal through which you can enter any number of different astral planes. Most of the time it's as you describe - you find yourself in the room in which you've laid down to sleep or are sat in meditating, and the reason it's so hard to differentiate between that place and normal reality is because the astral is absolutely indistinguishable from an experiential point of view from the 'real' world, and often becomes hyperreal and surpasses the waking world in a way that makes normality feel dull by comparison.

Since you've accessed it a couple of times already you'll probably be increasingly able to recognise it and remain there for longer periods, though you might find it easier to try to go into it just after waking from a dream, since our brains are primed for accessing those frequencies during REM.
Old 21-06-2017, 12:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Wow thank you so much Epoch. That was exactly what I needed to know. I'm excited to explore this further. I appreciate your confirmation.
Old 23-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Newbie ;)

epoch said it perfectly. This at first can be a bit unnerving, realizing there is so much more to us than just our physical aspect. It's important to always remain calm and hold compassion within; whatever your consciousness is transmitting you will attract to you an equal frequency. There is NEVER anything to fear; know with every fiber of your being that you are ALWAYS in control; your heart is key during these experiences.