Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-02-2018, 03:57 AM
Master
The Emperor Constantine, Christain, or Pagan?

Was Emperor Constantine, Christain or Pagan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_Great

He was pagan at birth, a Roman to become Emperor, but had a shady past.....

He murdered his son and his wife, and the pagan priests of his time said he would pay for that in the end.

Christianity said his sins were forgiven, so he embraced Christianity some historians say. He exclaimed to have seen a message from God, a cross it the sky before a battle with the northern tribes, so he had crosses drawn on all the Roman Sheilds and went out to destroy the attacking barbarians..

Lol..

And then as Christianity became the new Religion they became more violent than the Pagans, what is the true Christianity?

Hence the beginning of the Nicene Creed to weed out the heretics, and so on. leading into the schism between the western Roman Catholic Church of Rome and the Byzantium Churchs of the east.

Now we have the Orthodox Churches, The Roman Catholic Churches, Protestantism, and all the rest..., Jesus watches us all.

I think Jesus would become pagan if he had his way... but he son of God has no say.
Old 28-02-2018, 08:34 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Was Emperor Constantine, Christain or Pagan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_Great

He was pagan at birth, a Roman to become Emperor, but had a shady past.....

He murdered his son and his wife, and the pagan priests of his time said he would pay for that in the end.

Christianity said his sins were forgiven, so he embraced Christianity some historians say. He exclaimed to have seen a message from God, a cross it the sky before a battle with the northern tribes, so he had crosses drawn on all the Roman Sheilds and went out to destroy the attacking barbarians..

Lol..

And then as Christianity became the new Religion they became more violent than the Pagans, what is the true Christianity?

Hence the beginning of the Nicene Creed to weed out the heretics, and so on. leading into the schism between the western Roman Catholic Church of Rome and the Byzantium Churchs of the east.

Now we have the Orthodox Churches, The Roman Catholic Churches, Protestantism, and all the rest..., Jesus watches us all.

I think Jesus would become pagan if he had his way... but he son of God has no say.

He was a pagan false god worshipping king. They claim on his death bed he tried to change--That isnt how it works. So can everyone guess who had the final say at the councils? Many false teachings were brought in.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:57 AM
Master
I'm all ears, who had the final say.

They said the holy spirit was guiding them.

Enlighten me KJW 47.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Master

you cannot have the ruler of a kingdom especially not the Roman empire and especially not Constantine setting up Christ's kingdom on earth, which is a spiritual kingdom, not of this earth.
The trap was laid and set. Constantine became emperor on a platform to hold together the failing Roman empire via the new religion. The bishops got their hands on power and could enforce their own theology, well, by force.
kjw probably would have been a Montanist in those days! (me too, maybe)
apparently the faith was seriously dumbed down once it became state religion. I read of soldiers being baptised with a bucket and mop, now your a Christian, hail ceasor.
I actually think people went totally crazy in those days, that slow motion collapse of the empire literally drove people insane
Old 01-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Master

So, and the guy collected the bible... Decided what to have.. Makes room for thought doesn't it
Old 02-03-2018, 04:48 AM
Master
Looks like the empire is crumbling again, this is going to be like no other?

What hs changed...

Last edited by Nowayout : 02-03-2018 at 06:01 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:02 AM
Master
The Bible moves in.... these times.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:11 AM
Master
Putin is Orthodox... Russian eh..

Trump is Presbyterian, but it's just a show.. comon..

Money, power, what's truly going on..

Lucifer, I see you within my sin.

Do you not have any.... if not ye be blind.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:15 AM
Master
The 7 deadly sins... google it.

Come back with a good in-depth refusal.

I love you all, but what is it?
Old 02-03-2018, 07:29 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
you cannot have the ruler of a kingdom especially not the Roman empire and especially not Constantine setting up Christ's kingdom on earth, which is a spiritual kingdom, not of this earth.
The trap was laid and set. Constantine became emperor on a platform to hold together the failing Roman empire via the new religion. The bishops got their hands on power and could enforce their own theology, well, by force.
kjw probably would have been a Montanist in those days! (me too, maybe)
apparently the faith was seriously dumbed down once it became state religion. I read of soldiers being baptised with a bucket and mop, now your a Christian, hail ceasor.
I actually think people went totally crazy in those days, that slow motion collapse of the empire literally drove people insane

Jesus had 0 to do with the religion that came out of Rome. None of her branches ever fixed it because the translations were done from translating by the religion that came out of Rome and screwed it all up.