Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
New age, say, christ is within you, that christ was is a master.
But Christ said He was the son of God The way He didn't rectify Thomas, when he called himself God Christ chastised those who strayed after his death How can all this be If Christ is within you? Or Only a master? Doesn't this prove new age.. Wrong?

as you stated "Christ said He was the son of God", and that's wo we should believe. not what some false teachers wants us to. Jesus also said this... (John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God). could he have gotten any clearer than that? i tend to believe Jesus, he was in Heaven with his Father, before the world was even created, so i think he should know.

who of these arguments on Jesus is the Heavenly Father. even when he showed us through MANY scriptures, that he not. only shows that many for whatever reason refuse to even believe his words. be careful though, it's satan who's actually running the show. he wants to make sure NO one gets to know the "TRUE GOD",(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). who is called Jehovah, (eng. Exo. 6:3). peace
Old 12-03-2018, 08:23 PM
boshy b. good

just do got to read favorite chapters all
along from jesus, no more and no less
why would he not be, which means
he is

when we read jesus, all of a sudden
we know we are be doing something
real and that we feel we are be doing
something strong

jesus does not say he has
muscles or is and be sexy
jesus does not say he will
command you upstairs,
just says follow

Last edited by boshy b. good : 13-03-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Old 13-03-2018, 02:08 AM
Master
Jesus is like a stone in your shoe...
Old 13-03-2018, 11:18 AM
boshy b. good

jesus be like
it's alrighter

Last edited by boshy b. good : 13-03-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 13-03-2018, 02:07 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Ok. Thanks for that I understand the context now... slightly different from my childhood churches teachings-
Fire has often been referred to as a purifying force before. My feelings were that the lake of fire may symbolise a purifying force for souls.
When being baptised in fire in my spiritual experience... it was a purifying force.
Fire has been used in my country for thousands of years as a regenerative force.
As it was also probably used in agriculture during the time revelations was written.
So I wonder if this lake of fire is also more a renewing, purifying force for souls?
Perhaps eternity means that the purifying force is eternal??
Once the soul has been thrown under the bus and into the lake of fire they are eternally purified... Lol... I live in hope - for all my brothers and sisters.

It is difficult to fathom so many souls being eternally burned though - that would create alot of pollution for new earth just kidding.

In seriousness though I find it very sad to think all my brothers and sisters might burn forever. I suppose that is why there is motivation to try and save souls if this is ones belief.
For me though the thought translates into making me want to send a great burst of love energy out instead.
What happens to souls on earth (such as my own) which find God's love, grace and peace within this lifetime on earth even if they are not Christian's?... I believe in Jesus and even feel his love in my heart but I am not anything religious wise (I used to be a christian and I still draw spiritual richness from my Christian roots).
Pretty much everyone I know in my social circle also in this category are atheists but they all appear to be living with the spirit of love- God - at home with the spirit.... it seems quite a terrible waste to burn those souls... they would have so much to share in God's kingdom.

soul= the breath of life
Fire in the lake of fire= destruction.
Old 14-03-2018, 12:13 AM
Master

OK, we are on earth and we don't know the exact nature of how God does things, we aren't supposed to know
scripture is far from clear, especially Revelation which is full of symbolism and written in a breathless apocalyptic style. Stars can't fall to earth, can they? Who knows what the lake of fire symbolises
But God's love can be taken literally as this is explicitly stated by Jesus
Sure, some Christians don't mind a literal hell despite the logical problems
But whichever is true you can take the easy way out - don't worry about it!
Just trust in God and his goodness to work how he wants to and trust that however it works will be good
I think we are meant to have faith and trust, that's enough for me any way
A bit of agnosticism can come in handy in the spiritual toolbox when gnosticism gets to be too much, after all Jesus said be like little children.
It's very liberating to let go and trust
Old 14-03-2018, 01:11 AM
Master
Jesus is like a flower in your window.
Old 17-03-2018, 05:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie
New age, say, christ is within you, that christ was is a master.
But
Christ said
He was the son of God

Christ said he was the son of god and we are his brothers and sisters and within that context all of the above you mention is correct
Old 17-03-2018, 10:32 PM
Master
He was trying to explain his relationship to God in terms simple people could understand. Jesus was a descent of the divine, fully god conscious, into a human body. He was what the Hindus call an Avatar and most Hindus recognise and worship him as such.
Old 18-03-2018, 12:41 AM
Master
Jesus was prophesied to come, it's in the bible. He was not what many people expected.

The wise and holy knew who he truly was, the Baptist, the 3 wise men, his disciples, the faithful followers touched by Gods spirit, and so on, he started a revolution. A revolution of the heart, He is truly the one and the only, the true Son of God.

We are all blessed by his passing..and his restrictions.

Now the gates of heaven are opened again to us all....

That's the Christian faith, but it has divisions, factions, infighting, and schisms.. The Christians, in general, bound by love, prayer, and a hope of the resurrection!

Hindus can say, do what they must....being Hindus.

Not Christian in a long shot... but God is great and moves through us all.