Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-12-2017, 02:56 AM
Experiencer
Do Fictional Realities Exist?

There is a place that I want to live, and a person that I want to exist as while I am there. The issue is that both this place and the person I want to be are fictional. They only exist within my head as far as I know. And yet every night I stay awake for hours just imagining what it would be like to exist there, to leave this world behind and be reborn.

This desire is extremely powerful, and causes issues in my everyday life as I am not happy where I am or being who I am. I don't think anything that exists in this world could satisfy me, from traveling many places to being rich and powerful to living a humble life of compassion. All such imaginings are burned to ash in the incendiary ferocity of this singular desire.

Sometimes I wonder if I could get there through death, but I am too scared of cosmic repercussions to commit suicide. So my only hope is of continuing to live this life as I am, and maybe, just maybe, my desire will be granted upon my death. But I do not know this for sure.

I suppose this post is two things. One is a plea for validation. I want to know that my dream may come true, and if that is a possibility, what I need to do to make it a reality. Two is a cry for help, as I cannot imagine living out the rest of my life wanting so fiercely as I do now.

Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:47 AM
Master
WabiSabi,

First, I like to strongly suggest reaching out to your doctor or a mental health professional so that they may be able to help you with your thoughts about suicide. If you feel in danger/distress and need help right away, please call emergency services immediately and/or a suicide hotline. Your life here and now in this world has meaning and purpose even though sometimes it may be profoundly challenging. You have the power to create a beautiful and magnificent life in this reality that may even rival or surpass those in your fantasy.

What is your fantasy? What world do you wish to live in? Who do you want to be? What is so unsatisfying about this world? Those are all questions that you can explore with a therapist that can help you find meaning and purpose in this world.

We are not passive victims and prisoners in this reality destined to spinning in orbit around the sun until we pass on. We are Powerful CREATORS that can manifest incredible beauty and wonder in this world. Exercise your power and stretch out your wings so that you can put that incredible imagination of yours to good use to create a life that you want in the present moment/in this life here and now! You are an artist and LIFE is your canvas. Create, create, create. Transform the energy you spend in pining for the world of your dreams to energy use to put a little bit of that otherworldly beauty into this world, bit by bit. :)

*Sending you a little bit of magic, inspiration, and healing vibes*

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 09-12-2017, 06:49 AM
Master
"fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you"
Jimmy Durante - Young At Heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwKVDiuhId8

it's my belief that desires are what cause manifestation to 'unfold' in the
manners in which we experience them. for you to want something gives
it the power to become a reality.
the thing to consider, here and now, is how/why you've come to be in
this place as you are presently... what was your desire to have created
the reality you've found yourself in? i figure that satisfying whatever
has caused that will free up the internal mechanism which might
initiate the changes which have become desired since then... clear out
the backlog.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabiSabi
There is a place that I want to live, and a person that I want to exist as while I am there. The issue is that both this place and the person I want to be are fictional. They only exist within my head as far as I know. And yet every night I stay awake for hours just imagining what it would be like to exist there, to leave this world behind and be reborn.

This desire is extremely powerful, and causes issues in my everyday life as I am not happy where I am or being who I am. I don't think anything that exists in this world could satisfy me, from traveling many places to being rich and powerful to living a humble life of compassion. All such imaginings are burned to ash in the incendiary ferocity of this singular desire.

Sometimes I wonder if I could get there through death, but I am too scared of cosmic repercussions to commit suicide. So my only hope is of continuing to live this life as I am, and maybe, just maybe, my desire will be granted upon my death. But I do not know this for sure.

I suppose this post is two things. One is a plea for validation. I want to know that my dream may come true, and if that is a possibility, what I need to do to make it a reality. Two is a cry for help, as I cannot imagine living out the rest of my life wanting so fiercely as I do now.

WabiSabi,

A Course in Miracles says, 'It's never the idol you want, but what it represents.'

In other words, it's not the thing we think we want that we really want, but the divine reality and truth which the thing symbolizes for us.

I'm saying that what you really want isn't the world you envision, but TRUTH.

What is that truth? Well, I don't claim to fully know, but according to ACIM, we want our divine Self.

You are a manifestation of God, and that's what you really want, according to ACIM.

Also, everyone wants 'the perfection'. That means that everything is happening perfectly, and everything is in divine order.

One more thing. God didn't 'create' you out of NOTHING - you ARE God. You are God in the FORM of you. You have always existed, always been the universal spirit. You're a manifestation of God/Goddess.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Experiencer

double post
Old 09-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WabiSabi

And what do you want? You obiously somehow can generate fictional place that you feed of, becouse you are not happy with you life. I do it often to regenerate myself, when feel drained and to create boundaries with environment/relationships/life when it is not ok.

Maybe that is what you to, to find out something that is not yet known and generate will to achieve it. What would be behind all this? Create fictional area or person where you can get the answers you need to live happy life.

Make it happen.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Master

Hi WabiSabi,

In a sense, these realities are 'real'. Or they eventually become so.

From imagination comes inspiration and from inspiration comes aspiration and from aspiration comes realization.

There is nothing in your post that is inconsistent with the practice of yoga in the true sense of it.
Just be careful to imagine - e.g., deliberately ask for - what is divine (vs. undivine, ignorant).
Then surrender to it. That is the spiritual quest.
And you can be happy in what you are becoming accordingly.

Otherwise, the fulfillment of ignorant desires really doesn't lead to a satisfying outcome...it's a universal problem.

Quote:
And yet every night I stay awake for hours just imagining what it would be like to exist there, to leave this world behind and be reborn.
This world and oneself in it can be transformed. You can also meditate on that.

Find out what great souls - who came to Earth for the express purpose of providing solutions to this problem (you are not alone) - have said about what you can do.

~ J
Old 09-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Hi WabiSabi

You've got some great perspectives from some fantastic heart/minds so I just wanted to say hang in there, mate. I've found that sometimes people have these amazing awakening experiences and instead it shutters them into one perspective - I was always taught and inspired by putting them aside; then keep moving forward.

Be well

BT
Old 12-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Knower
Well everyone on here have addressed the more serious side of what you wrote about and I can’t personally add more to that. I think I’ll just skip to answering your question. I do think some worlds that are written as fiction could be real. It’s not impossible for someone to turn out to be some kind of seer or something.
We have lots of ups and downs, pleasures and pains, but that's life and we learn to accept the bad with the good. Without the bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. Life is precious and I cherish it, every living moment.
-Sailor Moon
Old 13-12-2017, 07:24 PM
Master

On the one hand there is the life we want, and on the other hand there is the life we actually have.

And on the one hand there is the person we would ideally like to be and on the other hand there is the person we actually are.

The greater the distance between what we want and what we actually have/are, the greater the dissatisfaction.

There is nothing wrong with aspiring to our ideal life or our ideal way of being. But if we resist the reality of what we have or what we are then that only leads to suffering.

So perhaps a place to start is complete acceptance of each moment, complete acceptance of whatever presents itself. This does not negate the value of aspiration, nor does it remove the ability to change our circumstances.

But if we can surrender to the reality of each moment, then we find an end to suffering.

The beauty of death is that it brings a release from physical limitations. But since we are now here in the physical body, why not enjoy the experience? Death will come when the time is right. Until then, we are actors in a play, so let us play our part and have fun with it.

Peace.