Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 26-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Perinelle

Does Reiki feel like anything?

I was wondering about something. When a person performs Reiki do they feel anything to signify that something is happening?
Old 26-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Ascender
I would expect that those practising Reiki have different feelings. I personally felt connected with something higher than my crown chakra when I was initiated.

When I use my Reiki powers I sometimes feel my hands being warmer than usually.

Yours

A peaceful mind

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 26-01-2011, 04:07 PM
SoaringSpirit

Perinelle, the sensations a reiki practitioner feels vary from person to person, but mostly warmth is felt. I usually feel a range of sensations when doing a reiki session on someone, depending what the problem/s are.
Old 26-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Enya

Warmth, cold, tingling, extreme warmth like standing in a sauna, nausea, exultation, excitement, joy, divine love, compassion, boredom, nothing at all... I've felt all of them during my years of Reiki work.
Old 26-01-2011, 09:04 PM
iolite

For me, my hands get tingly, then warm or cold and sometimes I feel spacey too.
Old 27-01-2011, 12:27 AM
AngelBreeze

The Sensations of Reiki

Greetings Perinelle!

When performing Reiki, the person giving Reiki may feel their hands become warm to hot, cool to cold, tingly, itchy, squirmy, sweaty, etc. the reaction differs with each different person.

When the Reiki master or practitioner feels their hands becoming warm or any other sensation, what is causing that to happen is the reaction coming from the person receiving the Reiki. The giver is thus able to detect that feeling as described above and some may think it is actually coming from the Reiki giver but it is actually the receiver energetically sending the sensation.

With many blessings,
AngelBreeze

Old 05-02-2011, 03:57 AM
bornagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perinelle
I was wondering about something. When a person performs Reiki do they feel anything to signify that something is happening?

Hi Perinelle! :)
I agree with everyone who has answered your post :) I do believe that every practitioner has thier own defining things that signify that Reiki is indeed chanelling through them. For me I get, like most, the warm tingling sensation in my hands. My nose runs sometimes, and my throat will tickle and I normally will suck on a losange or candy to help with that. Depending on how intense the session is, I will feel surges of Reiki energy zap through my body, best described as if I had an electrical current zapping through me. I also get what I call the "Reiki rock". the energy will often have me swaying to and fro without me even knowing it. I absolutely love this healing modality and try to incorporate Reiki into my everyday living. namaste friend xx
Old 05-02-2011, 04:02 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
For me, my hands get tingly, then warm or cold and sometimes I feel spacey too.

I will agree with the tingling and warm hands. I don't get spacey though. I feel very energized after giving Reiki and also after receiving it from another.
To heal another, heals us too! :)
Old 05-02-2011, 07:27 AM
Summerland

When doing hands-on Reiki, my hands become very hot,palms sweaty or tingly.My body has the slightest movement front to back or side to side.Although one would have to really watch me to notice that movement, I feel as if I' m rocking hard. The receiver will describe feelings of ocean waves going in and out of them and that sort of describes what I hear internally. ( I like that phrase, the Reiki Rock)
Old 05-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Experiencer
When giving reiki I experience a variety of sensations, all that differ upon the placement of the hands and the person who is receiving treatment.

When I myself am receiving reiki treatments I have felt warm sensations, cold sensations, tickley sensations, pressure, a need for a burst of laughter, and nothing.
It really depends on the person.

-TrainsAndSewingMachines