Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Knower

Going beyond Observer Self/ Meditation Ego(Give it a Read)

Guy i have been searching for this since long and when i have found it, for me its a huge liberation. Thought like sharing it with others who are interested in this or are at this stage will find it helpful.

With continued practice of meditation and mindfulness, we start observing our emotions, thoughts and feelings even outside meditation.
This is a great step as you shed some light of awareness on the activities of the mind.
As we progress, what we are doing un-intentionally is creating a NEW/SPIRITUAL/OBSERVER EGO. I think it is good, it is a first step.

A lot of people dont go beyond this self as it works spiritually and physically and they think they are mindful. But now the ego has taken the seat of the observer.
( The best way to recognize the Ego/Observer is to see if there are any judgments, like, Good or Bad, liking and disliking of any thought or activity you were mindful of )

In this way, the observer self and the Ego are now both having the same Content. (Judgments, Attachments)

The thought, and the Thought observing the previous thought are BOTH THOUGHTS.

Observe this. Furthermore, Who or what identity is here now? Who is there witnessing what is being witnessed now? After some practice this way, you may realize that the mind is a bit like one of those Russian dolls, each one inside another. Behind each thought sits another thought, a thought about the thought, and another, and another, each a little harder perhaps to catch sight of. Behind each identity sits another identity, and another… and another.

When you become aware of the way the mind sneaks its way behind the eyes of the witness, and steals the seat of the one who is observing, then, you are indeed free—free to watch and experience yourself and your life radically change. This is mindfulness in its fullness.

It takes a sadhana, practice or continuous thrive (Or if life is too generous to you because of your Karma) to shed light on the OBSERVER SELF. Where you become free from judgments, The observer and observed become one.
Guys it is a process, we cant directly recognize the Observer Self.
Old 14-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Pathfinder

Meditation is such a work in progress for me and everytime I commence doing it I have to remember this and try to go with what’s already happening in my mind while attempting to center myself so I can comfortably repeat my mantra, even if only once !
Old 14-12-2019, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay.kishan
When you become aware of the way the mind sneaks its way behind the eyes of the witness, and steals the seat of the one who is observing, then, you are indeed free—free to watch and experience yourself and your life radically change. This is mindfulness in its fullness.[/i]
Let's get REAL, shall we? Instead of looking for and attempting to eliminate 'scapegoats' for 'problems' one hasn't solved yet/ The 'mind' is just a tool, or capacity, of (any and all aspects of Life/Soul) for processing Being and Becoming. It doesn't 'steal' anything!!! anymore than your teeth 'steal' the food that you eat!!!!

You couldn't even have concocted what's in the post that you shared, jay, without being enabled to do so by 'mind'.

Sheesh!
Old 14-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Knower

Quote:
Ar some practice this way, you may realize that the mind i[/list]s a bit like one of those Russian dolls, each one inside another. Behind each thought sits another thought, a thought about the thought, and another, and another, each a little harder perhaps to catch sight of. Behind each identity sits another identity, and another… and another.
.[/i]

I am not saying to be mind free, or that i am mind free. Mind is an amazing tool which we can use. But its us who turn that intelligence towards ourselves

If we observe well enough, we get to know that all the suffering is self induced.

Furthermore, i know i am still my mind. Its the mind i am using to describe this.
But one should know when to use it. Just like or other body parts.

And lastly. We cannot be ego free as well, existence is Ego. That vanishes only when we die. Or achieve a super conscious state. (Exception

Its just that we confuse observing self with ego.
Its a drive to see beyond perceptions, judgments and conditioning.

Peace
Old 14-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Furthermore, i know i am still my mind. Its the mind i am using to describe this. But one should know when to use it. Just like or other body parts.
One's 'mind' is a feature of one's soul, meaning the character or nature of one's relationship with THAT Which IS. One (one's soul) is never without 'mind' - every aspect of Life, 'in' the 'world' or 'out' of it has 'mind' as one of its functional features/attiributes. To think otherwise, that it, to think that one can be 'free' of it is to be delusionally self/soul denying - something which people who wish to project response-ability away from themselves (away from their own soul) self-indulgently play with rather than honestly deal with themselves (i.e with their souls), IMO.
Old 14-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
One's 'mind' is a feature of one's soul, meaning the character or nature of one's relationship with THAT Which IS. One (one's soul) is never without 'mind' - every aspect of Life, 'in' the 'world' or 'out' of it has 'mind' as one of its functional features/attiributes. To think otherwise, that it, to think that one can be 'free' of it is to be delusionally self/soul denying - something which people who wish to project response-ability away from themselves (away from their own soul) self-indulgently play with rather than honestly deal with themselves (i.e with their souls), IMO.
The same comment applies to peeps who pro-claim 'I' am not 'here' or there is no 'I' here and adopt 'names' like 'noone', again IMO. Give Intelligence a break - Sheesh!
Old 20-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Guy i have been searching for this since long and when i have found it, for me its a huge liberation. Thought like sharing it with others who are interested in this or are at this stage will find it helpful.

With continued practice of meditation and mindfulness, we start observing our emotions, thoughts and feelings even outside meditation.
This is a great step as you shed some light of awareness on the activities of the mind.
As we progress, what we are doing un-intentionally is creating a NEW/SPIRITUAL/OBSERVER EGO. I think it is good, it is a first step.

A lot of people dont go beyond this self as it works spiritually and physically and they think they are mindful. But now the ego has taken the seat of the observer.
( The best way to recognize the Ego/Observer is to see if there are any judgments, like, Good or Bad, liking and disliking of any thought or activity you were mindful of )

In this way, the observer self and the Ego are now both having the same Content. (Judgments, Attachments)

The thought, and the Thought observing the previous thought are BOTH THOUGHTS.

Observe this. Furthermore, Who or what identity is here now? Who is there witnessing what is being witnessed now? After some practice this way, you may realize that the mind is a bit like one of those Russian dolls, each one inside another. Behind each thought sits another thought, a thought about the thought, and another, and another, each a little harder perhaps to catch sight of. Behind each identity sits another identity, and another… and another.

When you become aware of the way the mind sneaks its way behind the eyes of the witness, and steals the seat of the one who is observing, then, you are indeed free—free to watch and experience yourself and your life radically change. This is mindfulness in its fullness.

It takes a sadhana, practice or continuous thrive (Or if life is too generous to you because of your Karma) to shed light on the OBSERVER SELF. Where you become free from judgments, The observer and observed become one.
Guys it is a process, we cant directly recognize the Observer Self.
I agree with you Jay.
Old 20-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Please use words that say what you really mean,. instead of using words in single quotation marks (' '). It seems like you are talking in a riddle for the reader to figure out, I got a headache reading your comment. When you say "mind", are you talking about the ego, the I, the me, the thinker?

When the ego comes to a conclusion and has assumptions about the unseen/unknown infinite, the ego is putting limitations on itself and on the unseen/unknown infinite. We do not know and can not know as a hard concrete 100% fact, that we have a soul or not, thus saying we have a soul is based on an assumption/is conjecture. I know as a hard concrete 100% fact that I have consciousness shining out of my 2 eyes and that I have an ego, my ego controls the physical parts of my body and my ego interacts with and experiences the physical world by thoughts and consciousness experiences what my ego experiences by being conscious of my ego.
Old 20-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Please use words that say what you really mean,. instead of using words in single quotation marks (' '). It seems like you are talking in a riddle for the reader to figure out, I got a headache reading your comment. When you say "mind", are you talking about the ego, the I, the me, the thinker?
The quotation marks indicate that I am thinking of and suggesting a particular meaning - not necessarily any or every meaning of the word (in quotation marks). Yes, I am therefore prompting the reader to wonder about what I may mean in said context - and not simply/simplistically assume that whatever he or she may think the word means is what I mean.

I don't 'mean' for the reader to get all bent out of shape (or get a headache :smile) by over-trying to be sure about what I mean, however.

Just play with my 'style' of communication (if you can), Bro.

Re: "When you say "mind", are you talking about the ego, the I, the me, the thinker?" all I can say is that theese are all overlapping/interwoven concepts which . There is no way whereby I can reduce my statements/references involving them to a single 'precise' definition.

Please know that I resonate with your quest. Be well, Mike.
Old 20-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Master
P.S. to Mike: if you want me to say more in relation to any particularly 'confusing' or on-the-surface 'objectionable' statement I make, please query me further informing me about just what you would like me to (attempt to) clarify in relation to said statement.