Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 20-06-2019, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:
SlayerOfLight]That quote sounds nice, but the few good stuff doesn't add up to all the overwhelming dark and negative stuff found throughout the bible. And on top of that, this quote only seems to be aimed at Christians.

The essence of the books that deep down make sense to us is what is truth, the other b s is just human ego distortion. Edited and added to, to suit whoever wanted to use it for their own agenda.

I don't see any part of the quote being aimed a Christian point of view in particular. The "believers" or "faith" words. To me just mean believers in speaking truth, in honourable conduct, with love, in faith, faith in oneself or something else or both. And purity meaning clarity and untaintedness.
Old 20-06-2019, 10:56 PM
Master
Here's another one:

Love is patient,*love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.*5*It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking,*it is not easily angered,*it keeps no record of wrongs - Corinthians 13 4 5.
Old 21-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Or maybe the same ego distorted humans decided to write something nice for once, if only to bait people that aren't easily fooled and controlled by fear mongering.

Sorry, but I just don't dig the bible or any religious books. I've already let myself be enslaved for years because of the whole hell and damnation garbage.
Old 21-06-2019, 11:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Or maybe the same ego distorted humans decided to write something nice for once, if only to bait people that aren't easily fooled and controlled by fear mongering.

Sorry, but I just don't dig the bible or any religious books. I've already let myself be enslaved for years because of the whole hell and damnation garbage.

Yes, that's quite possibly. But what have those so called ego distorted humans gained by me enjoying the poetry that touches something deep within me, that basically makes sense to me, common sense, where ever the information is from. I enjoy music, these same truths are in the lyrics of songs, the ones that touch me profoundly. In films, books, poetry. All sorts of things.

Have you looked at the other books and information. I'm sure you have, you sound quite well read. They can be a sort of pointer to help what is already within ourself to surface so to speak. There's a common thread running through them, this is apparent once you start being able to notice it.

I'm sorry you had such an awful time in the past.

Theres a Buddhist quote, I'll put it in the post below. It's about believing in ourself basically. Using our own inner knowledge.
Old 21-06-2019, 11:08 PM
Master
Do not believe in something because it is reported. Do not believe in something because it has been practiced by generations or becomes a tradition or part of a culture. Do not believe in something because a scripture says it is so. Do not believe in something believing a god has inspired it. Do not believe in something a teacher tells you to. Do not believe in something because the authorities say it is so. Do not believe in hearsay, rumor, speculative opinion, public opinion, or mere acceptance to logic and inference alone. Help yourself, accept as completely true only that which is praised by the wise and which you test for yourself and know to be good for yourself and others.

Sorry for the side track Honza.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I don't know what it says in Judaism. But I think it's everywhere and everything, inside and outside. All that IS. Everything is One.

I think you are referring to Elohim.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Are there any bits of the holy books that make sense you?

How deeply have you studied the Bible?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Is Yahweh a God who is "outside" of us? The OT never mentions the "God Within". Instead Yahweh came from above and spoke to people from the outside.

It is only indicative of todays spiritual climate that many people feel there is no God "outside". The outer world is barren. But I feel it has not always been so.

Yahweh, first mention in Genesis 2:4 is a God we generally know very little about if absolutely nothing.

Having said that:
If you look at the four letters (Tetragrammaton) generally rendered in Hebrew to English as YHWH and is normally transliterated as Yahweh has been for the most part, been removed from virtually all English Bibles.

But......

if we look at the Masoretic texts, Yahweh, if you look very closely, is not one specific word but is now rendered as one of about 6 possible words. Other-words, the word can be pronounced as Yahweh, Yahwih, Yehowah, etc. which only enforces the complexity of the Old Hebrew four letters (Tetragrammaton) which has been for the most part have bbeen lost thru neglect, customs, poor translations, etc.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:41 AM
Master
Thank you BJ. That is very interesting. We have had conversations in this section before about what Yahweh actually means and how it can be translated. There is no clear answer.

The common answer is I AM THAT I AM. But it is a very loose interpretation.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
How deeply have you studied the Bible?

Puddle depth.