Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-06-2018, 03:59 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
perfectly translated....

It's horrible in some parts, ok in others. But yea that's why nobody reads it. I was only one who commented on it. I bet I was only one who read the whole thing. You posted....yay Buddhism..... maybe somebody will like it... but I'm not into it....

Quote:
Even though I personally am not interested in Tibetan Buddhism it's good to see some Buddhists teachings in this Buddhism Section. Hopefully someone will enjoy your Thread

You are on spiritual path, reading and posting in Buddhist section and it held zero interest for you. So obviously it's worthless to you. I liked a few parts of it, but yea was sure non-sense in parts.
Old 28-06-2018, 04:09 AM
Suspended

Quote:
' Without anyone being there.....

There is no I or You, no Self, no observer

I feel for people that try to teach this stuff lol. Don't forget some guy was sitting there writing or teaching this stuff.

So there's this guy sitting there and he says..... nobody is here! No I or self or observer! Yet there he sits talking and writing eh. But whatever sells books and gets donations.

He is there obviously.... what he was trying to say in a very bad way was if he doesn't focus on his thoughts and thinking, he does not respond using that stuff, his memory and conditioning and reactionary habitual thought. He is still there 100% but yea like I said, horrible translation or whatever. It's not easy to teach this stuff in English especially. I would guess the translation is where it went wrong since there is zero mention of advanced complex Buddhist concepts in much of the writing. Some parts nail Buddhist teachings though, other parts go off the rails.

Or somebody is sitting there speaking to you and he says....

Quote:
only a naked manifest awareness is present

Then he orders dinner.....and asks somebody where he put his robe.....

The point of Zen is to deal with what is real, not with that which is imagined. Sitting there writing no one is here is dealing with the imagined. Or it's just being pretty bad at communicating.
Old 28-06-2018, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
It's horrible in some parts, ok in others. But yea that's why nobody reads it. I was only one who commented on it. I bet I was only one who read the whole thing. You posted....yay Buddhism..... maybe somebody will like it... but I'm not into it....

You are on spiritual path, reading and posting in Buddhist section and it held zero interest for you. So obviously it's worthless to you. I liked a few parts of it, but yea was sure non-sense in parts.

Non-sense to you because you don't understand it, worthless to you because you don't understand the message in the teaching.
Old 28-06-2018, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
I feel for people that try to teach this stuff lol. Don't forget some guy was sitting there writing or teaching this stuff.

So there's this guy sitting there and he says..... nobody is here! No I or self or observer! Yet there he sits talking and writing eh. But whatever sells books and gets donations.

He is there obviously.... what he was trying to say in a very bad way was if he doesn't focus on his thoughts and thinking, he does not respond using that stuff, his memory and conditioning and reactionary habitual thought. He is still there 100% but yea like I said, horrible translation or whatever. It's not easy to teach this stuff in English especially. I would guess the translation is where it went wrong since there is zero mention of advanced complex Buddhist concepts in much of the writing. Some parts nail Buddhist teachings though, other parts go off the rails.

Or somebody is sitting there speaking to you and he says....

Then he orders dinner.....and asks somebody where he put his robe.....

The point of Zen is to deal with what is real, not with that which is imagined. Sitting there writing no one is here is dealing with the imagined. Or it's just being pretty bad at communicating.

Read Buddha's ' Anatta ' teaching then you might understand.
Old 28-06-2018, 07:54 AM
Suspended

I am aware of this moment in time. I'm not sure I'd say I understand it, it is quite mysterious and much bigger than I am.

I'd tell people don't read, don't accept the burdens or judgements of another, don't let anyone tell you this moment is not perfect in every way possible. Don't let anyone tell you that you are not perfect in every way possible. This moment is brand new and holds nothing that came before.
Old 28-06-2018, 08:12 AM
Suspended

We decide what is valuable and what is not valuable and will reap the karmic rewards or punishments based on what we decide. Is goodness, love, kindness, selflessness valuable?, peace within and without valuable?, or is teachings in a book, telling ourselves and others we need to do something, learn something, understand something, experience something, be something valuable?

Quote:
Read Buddha's ' Anatta '

Did you want to discuss Anatta?

Buddha taught the same beliefs for 45 years, why were Buddha's beliefs unchanging and permanent for 45 years?
He taught there was nothing unchanging and permanent in a person right?
Yet his beliefs and teachings were unchanging and stayed the same for 45 years.

Quote:
Anatta, (Pali: “non-self” or “substanceless”) the individual is compounded of five factors (Pali khandha; Sanskrit skandha) that are constantly changing.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/anatta

Buddha's teachings were the same for 45 years till he died. Zen deals with reality, not the imagined.

Last edited by Rain95 : 28-06-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 28-06-2018, 12:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Read Buddha's ' Anatta ' teaching then you might understand.

....and here they are :

SN 22.5 The Discourse on the Not-Self Characteristic.

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipi....059.mend.html

_/|\_

Old 28-06-2018, 01:11 PM
Master
Would anyone be interested in taking this part of the text and going through it for deeper understanding?

Quote:
It is certain that self-originated primal awareness has been clear (and luminous) from the very beginning,

Like the heart of the sun, which is itself self-originated.

You should look at your own mind to see whether it is like that or not.

It is certain that this primal awareness or gnosis, which is one's intrinsic awareness, is unceasing,

like the main channel of a river that flows unceasingly.

It is certain that the diversity of movements (arising in the mind) are not apprehend-able by memories,

they are like insubstantial breezes that move through the atmosphere.

Old 28-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Master
Let's break it down for a start with this first section.

Quote:
It is certain that self-originated primal awareness has been clear (and luminous) from the very beginning,

Like the heart of the sun, which is itself self-originated.

Any thoughts?
Old 28-06-2018, 04:50 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Would anyone be interested in taking this part of the text and going through it for deeper understanding?

Could you provide a link to the actual source of your text, as well as something about your own personal connection to Tibetan Buddhism, please.

_/|\_