Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 19-06-2019, 08:34 AM
Master
Is Yahweh "outside"?

Is Yahweh a God who is "outside" of us? The OT never mentions the "God Within". Instead Yahweh came from above and spoke to people from the outside.

It is only indicative of todays spiritual climate that many people feel there is no God "outside". The outer world is barren. But I feel it has not always been so.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-06-2019, 08:57 AM
Master
I don't know what it says in Judaism. But I think it's everywhere and everything, inside and outside. All that IS. Everything is One.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I don't know what it says in Judaism. But I think it's everywhere and everything, inside and outside. All that IS. Everything is One.

I think you are referring to Elohim.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-06-2019, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Is Yahweh a God who is "outside" of us? The OT never mentions the "God Within". Instead Yahweh came from above and spoke to people from the outside.

It is only indicative of todays spiritual climate that many people feel there is no God "outside". The outer world is barren. But I feel it has not always been so.

Yahweh is wherever you percieve Yahweh to be.
Old 19-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Deactivated Account
The people who wrote the OT must have been hallucinating or under influence of some kind of narcotic substance. You either talk to god and are religious, or god talks to you and you are Psychotic. Truth is, he's nowhere except inside a fictional book called the bible.
Old 19-06-2019, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
The people who wrote the OT must have been hallucinating or under influence of some kind of narcotic substance. You either talk to god and are religious, or god talks to you and you are Psychotic. Truth is, he's nowhere except inside a fictional book called the bible.

Are there any bits of the holy books that make sense you?
Old 20-06-2019, 05:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Let's see… Nope. The bible is only full of negativity from the OT to the NT. Can't fnd anything inspiring.
Old 20-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Let's see… Nope. The bible is only full of negativity from the OT to the NT. Can't fnd anything inspiring.

I'm loathed to quote this in a way because by what you've written previously you've had Christianity and the bible quoted at you enough to last a lifetime already. But anyway, one example below. I think it's a hard thing to deny that the holy books have some beautiful words and poetry in. I'm not religious or a Christian btw.

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity - Timothy 4.12.
Old 20-06-2019, 10:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I'm loathed to quote this in a way because by what you've written previously you've had Christianity and the bible quoted at you enough to last a lifetime already. But anyway, one example below. I think it's a hard thing to deny that the holy books have some beautiful words and poetry in. I'm not religious or a Christian btw.

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity - Timothy 4.12.

That quote sounds nice, but the few good stuff doesn't add up to all the overwhelming dark and negative stuff found throughout the bible. And on top of that, this quote only seems to be aimed at Christians.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:10 AM
Master
Quote:

How deeply have you studied the Bible?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.