Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 31-12-2017, 06:06 AM
Guide

What do you think this could have been?

I was deep in meditation at what I call my 'nothingness' stage when a really loud high pitched noise went rushing through my head with a visual bright flash of red. It came from nowhere, lasted a second and made me flinch. I managed to stay calm and continue in the 'nothingness' state for a little while longer but then had to come out of it as my mind started focusing on it.

I've had weird energy surges for the past couple of days and whilst I'm not sure what they are, I've had them many times before in the last 4 months or so.

What do you think it could have been?
Old 31-12-2017, 11:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
I was deep in meditation at what I call my 'nothingness' stage when a really loud high pitched noise went rushing through my head with a visual bright flash of red. It came from nowhere, lasted a second and made me flinch. I managed to stay calm and continue in the 'nothingness' state for a little while longer but then had to come out of it as my mind started focusing on it.

I've had weird energy surges for the past couple of days and whilst I'm not sure what they are, I've had them many times before in the last 4 months or so.

What do you think it could have been?

Not too sure, but will be interesting to see what happens next.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:28 PM
Knower

This is just a supposition: Your sensitivity to external energy fluctuations may be increasing. If that's true, then shifts in ambient energy could come zipping through your consciousness just like the red zing you experienced during meditation.

One possible source is fluctuations in the Earth's geomagnetic field. Those are fairly easy to track by watching for solar flare info online. I like the 'solar activity' section provided by spaceweather . com -- it shows current solar activity; the 'predicted kp max' listed to the right of the page under the heading "Today's Space Weather" gives a good, quick indication as to whether or not the geomagnetic field is in flux on any given day. A number of five or more indicates fluctuations will occur.

I've found that days when I feel 'strange' (hard to define that in words) the kp max is at least five.

Might not have anything to do with geomagnetism;there are many other possible sources of energetic fluctuations; that's just an example. I think if you put out the intent to discover what these surges are and where they come from, you'll probably find out (that's how I came across the info from spaceweather dot com, and I was actually looking for something else entirely).

Please keep us posted!

Edited to correct a typo.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Guide

Thanks everyone. Interestingly, My last meditation had me violently forcing out one large breath as though I was spitting something out and my mouth felt like it was in an O shape. It was very unexpected as my breathing is very even and slow in the 'nothingness' phase. Weird that it was just one breath and I couldn't carry on as it forcibly broke my flow.

I feel very aware and in tune to my meditation sessions so anything no matter how small out of the ordinary is interesting to me and I like how random things happen. I've been looking at geomagnetism etc, it's fascinating stuff. Not something I would have ever looked at unless directed there so thanks for that info pluralone.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Knower

Yeah I just stumbled upon the info myself, although that tends to happen when I'm looking for answers. Just wasn't actively looking for them at the time when I found it.

On a smaller scale, by the way, I'm quite sensitive to changes in barometric pressure. I'm like a walking weather forecaster, one of those old folks who says things like, 'Oh there's gonna be a hum-dinger of a storm; I can feels it in my rheumatiz.' Except that extreme weather also impacts my energy body. Most old folks don't mention that. =-)

As for the violent exhalation, that sounds productive! Do you feel like you released something, and if so do you know what it was?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Master
Meditation helps us remove obstructions.

You are feeling the effects of removing a large obstruction and the expansion from it.

Nothing to worry about. Just continue on with your practice.

Good things are happening :)
Old 07-01-2018, 12:11 AM
Master
Being a flash of red to me sounds like a flash of the Muladhara or root chakra that you perceived.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluralone
As for the violent exhalation, that sounds productive! Do you feel like you released something, and if so do you know what it was?

I'm not sure I feel like I released something but then its never happened to me before so maybe I did release something. I don't know what though but that could be because I was over thinking it, I should let it go for a few days and see if anything comes to mind. I'll let you know if it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Meditation helps us remove obstructions.

You are feeling the effects of removing a large obstruction and the expansion from it.

Nothing to worry about. Just continue on with your practice.

Good things are happening :)

Thank you jonesboy, it'll be interesting to see if anything becomes more apparent as to where the obstruction may have been but yes it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Being a flash of red to me sounds like a flash of the Muladhara or root chakra that you perceived.

I did wonder about the root chakra django, it would make some sense regarding a few things going on with me at the moment so it'd be good if any blockage in that area has been removed I'll keep my eye on that.

This morning during meditation I heard a pop sound. Just one but it was loud. I managed to carry on meditating for quite a while after, this wasn't as distracting as the others. I'm so used to seeing images and colours as my mind settles so to get these small things happening whilst in the 'nothingness' phase is very unusual for me and hasn't happened before. So far I like where things seem to be going even though I have no idea where that is.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
This morning during meditation I heard a pop sound. Just one but it was loud.

Have you considered turning your attention to these occurrences when they happen?
Old 10-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluralone
Have you considered turning your attention to these occurrences when they happen?

I'm going to see if I can go with the flow and turn my attention to anything else that happens with the hope it won't flip me out of the 'nothingness' phase although that's not easy. The loud 'pop' just flipped me right into wakefulness. I lay there for a moment or two but I knew it was no good, I was back in the room.