Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 11-01-2018, 12:57 AM
Master
heartburn

I had overnight heartburn/indigestion. It started up again in the morning. I took 2 types of antacids and they did absolutely nothing. I read that eating bananas help. i ate a ripe banana and the pain immediately disappeared. I also drank ginger teas all day and that helped. What methods have worked for you?
Old 11-01-2018, 01:17 AM
Master
I've never heard of banana helping, but whatever gets it.

I have several different types of digestive pills and chewable tablets (take 1 or 2) before during or after a meal. Most of them contain the usual enzymes and some have plant enzymes (bromain and papaya fruit powder). They seem to help IF I remember to take them - am getting better at it.

Sometimes I use a spoon of baking soda in a cup of water.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:10 PM
Master
Bananas work for some but not others. Mushy bananas coats the esophagus and soothes it. I just read about the baking soda. Thanks for the tip!

https://homeremediesforlife.com/banana-for-acid-reflux/

https://www.prevention.com/food/foods-soothe-heartburn
Old 11-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Master
my dad usd 2 hav gavascon he dud did he had 2 tak it o mostt days wen he wz aliv coz of all meds he wz on

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 12-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
my dad usd 2 hav gavascon he dud did he had 2 tak it o mostt days wen he wz aliv coz of all meds he wz on

I'm glad Gavascon worked for your Dad. It didn't for me.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
I'm glad Gavascon worked for your Dad. It didn't for me.

im sorry it dnt for u

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 12-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
im sorry it dnt for u

Thanks Dream Jo.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Knower
I had this problem a lot when I was younger so maybe I can help

Heartburn is caused by weak/low stomach acid. Antacids do not work because they make your stomach acid even weaker. So food isn't getting digested properly which irritates your stomach even more.

How I got rid of it:

Super Enzymes before each meal. https://smile.amazon.com/NOW-Super-E...2Benzymes&th=1

I'd do one bottle then you should be good. I have to take these for the rest of my life. I didn't listen to my heartburn and I lost my gallbladder because of it. If this post helps anyone else from such a useless operation, then Im happy.

Eat fruits from the citrus family
apple cider vinegar

I couldn't handle the apple cider vinegar well unless i added it to apple juice which was high in sugar. So i cheated and put it in an empty capsule and swallowed those so I never had to taste it lol. Best of luck to you :)
Old 12-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
I had overnight heartburn/indigestion. It started up again in the morning. I took 2 types of antacids and they did absolutely nothing. I read that eating bananas help. i ate a ripe banana and the pain immediately disappeared. I also drank ginger teas all day and that helped. What methods have worked for you?

Raw Milk ...... Slippery Elm Bark Tea ~
NO REFINED SUGAR ~! Replace with Stevia , Raw Honey and Xylitol ~

poor thoughts = poor digestion
Here i suggest working with the works of Vernon Howard, Edgar Cayce, Eckhart Tolle , as well as No thoughts meditations ~
Old 12-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
Raw Milk ...... Slippery Elm Bark Tea ~
NO REFINED SUGAR ~! Replace with Stevia , Raw Honey and Xylitol ~

poor thoughts = poor digestion
Here i suggest working with the works of Vernon Howard, Edgar Cayce, Eckhart Tolle , as well as No thoughts meditations ~

I don't drink milk. I'm willing to try slippery elm bark tea. I've been cutting back on sugar. I do love honey but not sugar replacements. The heatburn was caused by eating too much meat before bedtime. I don't usually eat much meat and made an exception that night, regrettably.

I'd love to read the works on Vernon Howard, Edgar Cayce, and Eckhart Tolle and I'm learning to meditate. Thank you Golden Eagle for the recommendations!