Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Ascender

Starting to hear voices? Sign of awakening?

Hello Everyone

I want to ask about a strange incident I started experiencing. This incident is noticeable because its my first time noticing it, albeit only once.

So as I was preparing to sleep, lying down on bed while closing my eyes for a few seconds, I started to notice a few voices. These voices, although clear, did not came from my left & right ears. I just know the voices. Its like they're in my head (I think around 3rd eye chakra region) The voices were calling some random names repeatedly.

After a while though these voices have stopped. So I ask you fellow SF'ers, is this a sign of awakening? And ever since my 3rd eye chakra has been tingling all day long.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Neville

Hello Molattee,

I did a little personal research in this regard as sometimes I have heared voices and song amongst other sounds(not through my ears but in my head).

The voice is in your head but there is no one close by is, Non Proximity hearing. The Brain being every bit as good receiver as it is a transmitter.

My question was...How does that work then ? I had to do some investigating.

My conclusions currently are :

Non Proximal hearing is very common during the Theta state of brain frequency.(either just as you are about waking or dropping off and at other relaxed states) A number of theory's surround this phenomena.

Theta is a low brain frequency in which REM dream takes place... You will note that dreams seem very real. It is as though ones awareness consciousness is far removed from the head resting on the pillow.

To get to sleep properly..The timeless black void of sleep...(Delta brain frequency) it is usual to pass through Theta in departing Alpha Frequency(restful wakefulness... So in a sense you do traverse these frequencies from deep sleep to total awake and alert Beta.

The Mind changing frequency or channel as it were, I wonder if thats why it is called channeling in some circles ?

Interestingly (To me anyway) Mediums..Meditators and Astral Projectee's occupy the Theta state during those activities that they practice.

Other examples of Non proximal hearing that have happened to me while dropping off to sleep. My name being called, Loud knocking,Music, Crashing noises.

I conclude all of this to be normal, further and more excitingly for me are the accompanying visuals (seeing behind closed eyes) that will start to occur to shortly, If they are not already.. Now this "seeing and hearing" is the part that a lot of people find difficult.

Primarily because Once you focus it's gone... caput...disappeared.. This is because you bring your attention Alpha, even Beta to bear upon Theta phenomena and thus interupt Theta(Your Channeling)..You are switching brain frequency(changing channel) and moving away from the subject matter of Theta where you are required to nothing more than passively observe...

Anyway...It's a really interesting subject and I could go on and on about this area of interest but It is exhaustive.. So here's a small illustrative read me.

Beta Brain Waves (13-30 cycles per second). The fastest, representing the most intense state of alertness. The result of heightened mental activity. Maximum mind power. All five external senses, logical mind, memory from the five senses & logical thinking.

Alpha Brain Waves (8 to 12 cycles per second) This brain wave indicates a relaxed state of mind.. State of relaxed alertness, good for inspiration and learning facts fast. A meditative mind. In this state tap into internal “antenna” like qualities. Visions, powerful ideas, mindless creation of the incredible. Internal feeling & sensations.

Theta Brain Waves (4 to 8 cycles per second) Deep meditation. Deep inward thought. This is associated with life-like imagination. High state of mental concentration. A magical mind. Internal pictures / visualization. Intuition, inner guidance. Access to unconscious material. Dreaming.

Delta Brain Waves (0.5 to 4 cycles per second) Deep dreamless sleep. Deep relaxation. State of oneness, whole body feeling. Pure being & will.

Note that the lowest range of delta is 0.5 hz and that No Brain activity is 0. This provides a very comforting view of what life is like after physical death may actually be like.. A very deep perpetual sleep. Which should provide some solace to those who have no faith that an afterlife exists...

My next Question was...What if it's just my imagination?

Gibran says ....."Imagination finds a road to the realm of the gods, and there man can glimpse that which is to be after the souls' liberation from the world of substance."

So my inner skeptic was duly given a proper telling off in so far as I asked/told/admonished myself "Do imaginary experiences lack any authenticity when compared to what is "real"?

Surely your cognitive bias has already hindered you in that respect.

What you believe to be true is only true because you believe it to be so...

Give your guides a chance because what you think is only your imagination might in fact be inspiration."

I hope all of that was helpful to you or someone reading it.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:26 PM
paradigm13

I had that once before but was in meditation but the voice addressed me by name and was very calming. I used to notice if it's very quite while trying to sleep if I focused on it it was like I was tuning into someone watching tv or a radio very faintly. I'd just hear random comments and things but I didnt want to focus on it.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:33 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molattee
Hello Everyone

I want to ask about a strange incident I started experiencing. This incident is noticeable because its my first time noticing it, albeit only once.

So as I was preparing to sleep, lying down on bed while closing my eyes for a few seconds, I started to notice a few voices. These voices, although clear, did not came from my left & right ears. I just know the voices. Its like they're in my head (I think around 3rd eye chakra region) The voices were calling some random names repeatedly.

After a while though these voices have stopped. So I ask you fellow SF'ers, is this a sign of awakening? And ever since my 3rd eye chakra has been tingling all day long.

Long ages ago aboriginals communed knowingly, telepathically. They had that ability because it was necessary for their survival. It was (is) a very natural thing. Later their minds became more developed and telepathy was no longer needed. It receded below the conscious as they advanced. Every once in a while a person has this ability. It is nothing. Like vestigal physical body parts it is a carry over from ancient times. Ignore it. Animals still have this ability though they do not so much have language. They are supposed to have it. They are not human but are very much less advanced.

That is not a sign of awakening. It only means that the person is a bit more sensitive than most. We are all naturally telepathic but the average person, when "hearing" the toughts of others, thinks they're their own. Very often what we call intuition is nothing more than picking up on the thoughts of other people. This is the reason two or more folks, no matter how widely separated in the world, can get the same ideans at the same times. There is nothing notable really about hearing voices. It is also appropriste to understand that it is a great mistake to associate "truth" to this kind of experience as so many beguiled people do. The voices may or may not even be complete thoughts. Usually they are not. We are not supposed to hear voices.

If you believe this is a result of a provoked third eye then know the tollowing. The spiritual eye will function in cooperation with other centers. This is normal. For the eye to allow voice communications is to bring it's use to the distant past. In the new age this is not an advance but a retro-move. Before the eye is opened it is best for the person to be solidly focussed above the solar plexus. The eye will then cooperate with higher mind, not emotion.

There are many spiritual practitioners who are themeselves beginners who might suggest otherwise to you. They do not know. Please consider what I say and make up your own mind but do not make the mistake of thinking your guide is trying to tell you something. This would be very unlikely.

Note: Many of us have the idea that true spirituality is a thing of the distant past and that we should "go back to those times" for one reason or another. This is not such a good idea. Spiritual growth moves forward always and we with it. The task of humanity now is to more fully develop their minds. This cannot be accomplished by looking backwards but by attending to the future. In the future ordinary psychic abilities will be even more remote and with good reason. The spiritual practices of humanity, in the new age, are nothing to do with the past methods. They will be mental only. Not "feel good" emotional.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Alpha Brain Waves (8 to 12 cycles per second) This brain wave indicates a relaxed state of mind.. State of relaxed alertness, good for inspiration and learning facts fast. A meditative mind. In this state tap into internal “antenna” like qualities. Visions, powerful ideas, mindless creation of the incredible. Internal feeling & sensations.

When I'm between these states sometimes I hear conversations of other people, it's like watching a tv show or something, in this moment I know I'm about to rest and get dreams or astral project :)

Theta Brain Waves (4 to 8 cycles per second) Deep meditation. Deep inward thought. This is associated with life-like imagination. High state of mental concentration. A magical mind. Internal pictures / visualization. Intuition, inner guidance. Access to unconscious material. Dreaming.

It's amazing how our brain Inactivity works beautiful with our true consciousness, isn't it?

Thank you for your research Neville
Old 21-08-2014, 09:34 AM
candelight

Interesting.

I have noticed that when I am asleep and starting to wake up but still sleepy, I hear voices and a voice inside speaks with emotions on ,eg a subject that I consciously reject in my mind.

However during that sleepy state, the opposite happens. Does anyone what this could be?

I am sort of cautious as to not believe anything the voices say.
Old 21-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by candelight
Interesting.

I have noticed that when I am asleep and starting to wake up but still sleepy, I hear voices and a voice inside speaks with emotions on ,eg a subject that I consciously reject in my mind.

However during that sleepy state, the opposite happens. Does anyone what this could be?

I am sort of cautious as to not believe anything the voices say.

It could be good or bad spirits. It depends on which voice you are allowing to come through for you to hear.

That is all I can say, as far I know.
Old 21-08-2014, 11:46 AM
candelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molattee
It could be good or bad spirits. It depends on which voice you are allowing to come through for you to hear.

That is all I can say, as far I know.

Thanks for replying.

Thing is... I don't "allow" or "prefer" a voice over the other. At least that was an interesting point of view.