Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Space_Man

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

(note: the 1971 version of the same story, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, may certainly likewise be cited within the discussion
Old 13-01-2006, 08:54 AM
sashwah

Hmmmm.... interesting idea but i dunno about that one. I mean you couold say that was it but do you really think that's what it's about or have you just gotten good at seeing religion in everything???? After all, if most themes are god is good and so are angels, the please don't let me go to chocolate heaven! Or was he the devil? All that temptation and indifference to the fate of the golden ticket holders? After all, most of them got the tickets through greed. Maybe the umpa lumpa's were the devils minions?
My son is fourteen now. He watched the film when he was about eight. Had dreadful nightmares about the umpa lumpa's particularly. I couldn't have bribed him with any amount of money to come with us to see it... every teenager has their price. If you were to ask him.." umpa lumpa's, angels or demons"? He would most definately say demons....
I would say it was the story of a loinely child who was never allowed sweets or choclate because his father was an obsessive dentist...
My mum and dad never let me have a bicycle in case i hurt myself... what did i do as soon as i was old enough? Bought a motorbike...
Old 13-01-2006, 08:55 AM
sashwah

Or.. maybe he was an alien and his glass elevator was an analogy for his space ship...?
:lol:
Old 13-01-2006, 08:56 AM
sashwah

I meant metaphor
Old 14-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Elen0Sila

I don't know ... I don't see WW as a God-like figure. Johnny Depp plays him as a terribly disturbed and quircky guy, and I love that portrayal, but it's *not* what I want to think of when I think of God! I think if there is a religious message, it's a message or redemption, for WW is "redeemed" to human love through his contact with Charlie and his family. :?
Old 14-01-2006, 06:41 AM
Space_Man

O.K., I can see that I
Old 15-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Elen0Sila

I still think WW is just too disturbing/creepy ... he's unhuman, but not, in my opinion, in a God-like way. Maybe a Greek god-like way ... but he truly doesn't seem to have the capacity to care or until he's changed through meetin Charlie. I guess he just seems amoral -- not immoral -- these are all just my impressions though. I'll have to think a bit before I can make a decent response.
Closed Thread