Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 29-07-2018, 05:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Tired of People

What do you do when you get to the stage where you're absolutely sick and tired of people? Of being hurt, dumped on, let down, having hatefulness to you when all you've ever done is be nice? I've had it all my life from early on being bullied severely all through primary and secondary school, then abuse from my aunties husband, probably why I don't have many friends at all, because it's always me getting hurt and used, even though I'm always nice.
Right now a situation at work where there's a lot of women actively planning to ruin my life with my boyfriend, though their last plan was outed before they could do it, but they all make going in work so uncomfortable for me. Even people out of work, I just generally feel like I really want to avoid all people. Because what's the point when all there is, is ever pain. My Ex who I've been nothing but good to still has goes at me via message, makes me feel like ****. My last ex treated me like ****. There was a murder few doors down on Friday and the guy who did it ended up in the flat next to ours stabbed as well, so since then nothing but police here in the building and out, I've just had enough of all the stress and hurt. So what do you do when you get to that point.
Old 29-07-2018, 08:01 PM
Master
F*** the world and dare to dream.

My attitude in the past was like: "The hell with everyone. I'm going to channel my anger into something i'm passionate about. People have hurt me and broke me in the past, but i guarantee i will come back a much stronger person. I'm not going to let anyone break me as a person." Be as selfish as you wish and just focus on yourself.

An inspiring movie for me was a movie called "The Hurricane." Its about a boxer who was wronged by people and used that hate and anger inside him to become a champion in and out of the ring.
Old 30-07-2018, 02:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal~Light
What do you do when you get to the stage where you're absolutely sick and tired of people? Of being hurt, dumped on, let down, having hatefulness to you when all you've ever done is be nice? I've had it all my life from early on being bullied severely all through primary and secondary school, then abuse from my aunties husband, probably why I don't have many friends at all, because it's always me getting hurt and used, even though I'm always nice.
Right now a situation at work where there's a lot of women actively planning to ruin my life with my boyfriend, though their last plan was outed before they could do it, but they all make going in work so uncomfortable for me. Even people out of work, I just generally feel like I really want to avoid all people. Because what's the point when all there is, is ever pain. My Ex who I've been nothing but good to still has goes at me via message, makes me feel like ****. My last ex treated me like ****. There was a murder few doors down on Friday and the guy who did it ended up in the flat next to ours stabbed as well, so since then nothing but police here in the building and out, I've just had enough of all the stress and hurt. So what do you do when you get to that point.
I wish I could give you an easy answer, but I am still working through this myself.

If you want an easy solution, move to a rural area! Change your phone number and address, give it to no-one. Keep to yourself, just have a few close friends, but spend more time by yourself, meditating...going for walks in nature, doing some volunteer work etc.

There are only a few nice people left and they are very difficult to find, but we'll worth the effort of looking...but a lot of "rotten apples" need to get thrown out in the search for them.

Good luck.
Old 30-07-2018, 03:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Be as selfish as you wish and just focus on yourself.

Pretty much this...until you get all those self-righteous, moralistic, 'do-gooders' all getting on their collective high-horses and speaking on behalf of society by telling you what a totally selfish, uncaring, non-compassionate, cold and aloof jerk you are, when you are 'sposed to be "spiritual".

....and in that very moment, you hear a small voice say; "come to the Dark Side my love...we have cookies there".

....and so, you go around shooting "high-horses" for fun.
Old 30-07-2018, 04:35 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Pretty much this...until you get all those self-righteous, moralistic, 'do-gooders' all getting on their collective high-horses and speaking on behalf of society by telling you what a totally selfish, uncaring, non-compassionate, cold and aloof jerk you are, when you are 'sposed to be "spiritual".

....and in that very moment, you hear a small voice say; "come to the Dark Side my love...we have cookies there".

Lol i think youve tempted me with cookies in the past as well... Or more like reminded me to enjoy them, because ive already infiltrated that side.

Anyways, nowadays i just dont give a bleep what others think, and they pick up on that and they will stop messing with you. If anything they might envy you. Because when you say whats on your mind without caring who you offend, people are like "woah, dont mess with him, he doesnt give a S* what we think"
Old 30-07-2018, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

Such people can only motivate me further. The hardest thing is going against those closer to you.
Old 30-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Master

For me, I simply refuse to be around people that do not respect me. I surround myself with people who see me as a valuable person.

It's a matter of setting up boundaries and not allowing anyone to cross over them. For those co-workers. I would not allow them to push my buttons. Just like here on this forum, I'd put them on ignore.
Old 19-08-2018, 11:25 PM
Ankhesenamun

I've been through this all my life too. I have always treated everyone with respect and love, I have often done a lot for people - but all of them have treated me in an abusive way in return. I have been used and abused, dumped, ghosted, lied to, hurt and harmed.

Each time I thought I had found a friend I had to find out that they were no such thing when they also abused me, hurt me, ghosted me (which is a very abusive act) and did the most abominable things to me. I don't know why people do such things when I really care about them and do everything for them.

I am truly sick and tired of people. I had made the promise to myself a while ago not to have anything more to do with people and to avoid them.

I really think I have to stop having anything at all to do with people. At least that way I won't get hurt.

Last edited by Ankhesenamun : 20-08-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 20-08-2018, 01:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhesenamun
I've been through this all my life too. I have always treated everyone with respect and love, I have often done a lot for people - but all of them have treated me in an abusive way in return. I have been used and abused, dumped, ghosted, lied to, hurt and harmed.

Each time I thought I had found a friend I had to find out that they were no such thing when they also abused me, hurt me, ghosted me (which is a very abusive act) and did the most abominable things to me. I don't know why people do such things when I really care about them and do everything for them.

I am truly sick and tired of people. I had made the promise to myself a while ago not to have anything more to do with people and to avoid them.

I really think I have to stop having anything at all to do with people. At least that way I won't get hurt.

I did two things:

1) stop being wantonly nice
2) stop expecting that I can go through life and yet avoid pain

that made it more bearable and now I can relate to others a little even though I don't get everything I might want out of it.

Well it was obvious I wasn't going to be able to lock the door and throw away the key no matter how tempting that is! And I had to do something
Old 21-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Experiencer

I've been there, being bullied really hurts. I only talk to relatives now really. Those co-workers if yours sounds like they were jealous of you. Perhaps there's something about you a lot of people are jealous of.

In any event, do whatever makes you comfortable and happy.