Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-06-2018, 10:26 PM
Administrator
We do our best to keep the forums free of arguments and ensure everyone is treated with dignity.

Namaste
Old 24-06-2018, 10:06 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
No it doesn't, says he through gritted teeth and with tongue firmly in cheek.

I've had some of the best Spiritual 'ah-ha' moments in the middle of a heated battle. Often we become so carried away that we're going to prove our point come hell or high water and often because of that we dig deep into ourselves just to prove ourselves right and the other person wrong. The being right part is good for the ego but what's more interesting is that we've gone deep into ourselves for 'resources' to do battle with. It's like old sailors' saying, that a ship sails more majestically slightly athwart the wind. People saying 'I agree' kinda takes the wind out of the sails of the discussion. I also think that in the midst of battle people tend to show their true colours more, and if we take offence what does that say about us?

So, handbags at ten paces at dawn. Don't be late.

I choose pistols at noon.

Somebody who agrees only picks up the windspeed. Someone who disagrees turns the tide against you, but the wind still might be on your side. And revelations come depending on the weather, do you turn back when a storm approaches? Steer around? Take cover when it rains?

No doubt, these forums are sunny skies
Old 25-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
I choose pistols at noon.

Somebody who agrees only picks up the windspeed. Someone who disagrees turns the tide against you, but the wind still might be on your side. And revelations come depending on the weather, do you turn back when a storm approaches? Steer around? Take cover when it rains?

No doubt, these forums are sunny skies
But I'm cheating, I have a brick in my handbag and it's sexier than yours.

A tall ship is always at its best when slightly athwart the wind - that's the wind of consciousness.
Old 25-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Badcopyinc

I’ve learned more about what really matters to me and others on here during heated discussion. Don’t know if I’d be the same me without arguing.

Love this post.
Old 29-06-2018, 09:21 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
We do our best to keep the forums free of arguments and ensure everyone is treated with dignity.

Namaste
Not just a moderator but a super moderator, there's a story in there.
Old 29-06-2018, 09:23 PM
Master

I've seen of rudeness in not respecting another's opinions. Insinuations they are right and the other is wrong. Never showing that others might have a different set of beliefs. That's just what I've seen.

I bow out when I see destructive 'debates'.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Experiencer

Nameless thank you for stating that you allowed your children to argue with you. I have done the same with mine and so many think I am a poor parent for it. I am so happy I am not alone in giving my children the ability to voice their opinions.

I dislike arguing as I feel it gets nothing accomplished.
I do however like an educated conversation regarding opposing view points. Where one can learn from another why they hold a certain view point, as long as it stays respectful and both parties listen.

I once had this type of conversation with my grandparents regarding a very touchy subject. It was a beautiful moment and I have always cherished it.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:27 PM
Master

I celebrate differences of opinions. It makes me feel free and excited to discuss issues with those with opposing views. But argue? No.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:48 AM
Master
It is one thing to have a point or counter-point on a topic, and another thing to attack, disparage or belittle, a poster because of their point or counter-point. Arguments, online or otherwise, often end up with an attack on the messenger instead of the message. People say things online that they would not say to a person's face, especially someone who they do not know. Cyber-bullying is a widespread online problem, but I have not witnessed any cyber-bullying here at SF.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
Nameless thank you for stating that you allowed your children to argue with you. I have done the same with mine and so many think I am a poor parent for it. I am so happy I am not alone in giving my children the ability to voice their opinions.

I dislike arguing as I feel it gets nothing accomplished.
I do however like an educated conversation regarding opposing view points. Where one can learn from another why they hold a certain view point, as long as it stays respectful and both parties listen.

I once had this type of conversation with my grandparents regarding a very touchy subject. It was a beautiful moment and I have always cherished it.

We raised our children so differently than our piers and we noticed the differences but did it our way anyway :) Kids need a sense of self, and to be interested in things they are interested in, whether or not the parent is interested in it. So that also goes along with giving them their voice. Letting them have their own interests is really exciting to watch and cultivate.

As far as having conversations with people, I try to listen to the sky and go visiting when it is time to visit, rather than on a schedule type of thing. And when I listen and only go when it feels right, wonderful things happen.