Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 19-08-2006, 04:55 AM
Master
Smile What strikes a chord with you?

What are the things that have a strong impact on you? Both good and bad.

I love:
Cool/cold weather
rain
snow
lakes
mountains
rural areas
the wind
streams
waterfalls
dogs
moonlight
stars
music
being married
having children
helping people
swimming

Things I dislike/have an aversion to:
injustice
child abuse
animal abuse
rude people
people who try to force their beliefs on others
racism
the idea of falling

So much of what you would list among these things (both big & small) have a great deal to do with what has happened to you in your past lives. Of course some of them will have a basis in THIS life, but I've recently learned that our lives have many common threads and we can see them in our likes & dislikes.
Old 19-08-2006, 10:36 AM
bluespirit

I love cold weather as well. (just as well I live in the UK!)
Love the smell of Autumn and falling leaves.
the smell of pine trees and Xmas.
I hate spiders,hate heights and creepy crawlie things.
Old 19-08-2006, 10:04 PM
chi chi

i like cold weather also are we all the same in here or what i hate moths spiders worms snakes but love all other animals and rodents i like the country side hate towns and cities too busy
love chi xxxx
Old 19-08-2006, 10:39 PM
kundalini

This is a really good idea of your's Mother Goose to list likes/dislikes. I'm not going to comment here but I think it is a good step on the path to self-discovery, if you know what I mean.
Old 19-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
This is a really good idea of your's Mother Goose to list likes/dislikes. I'm not going to comment here but I think it is a good step on the path to self-discovery, if you know what I mean.
Thanks kundalini. I didn't expect everyone to list all of their likes & dislikes, I just wanted to get people to think about them in this context. I have many other likes & dislikes, but thought giving a 'sampling' of what some of mine are would help others get started on examining their own.
Old 19-08-2006, 11:53 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
Thanks kundalini. I didn't expect everyone to list all of their likes & dislikes, I just wanted to get people to think about them in this context. I have many other likes & dislikes, but thought giving a 'sampling' of what some of mine are would help others get started on examining their own.

Yes, I think I will do this exercise. The only reason I won't list them here is because I would like to do them in my own time and not of the top of my head. I think I will enjoy it more that way. Kundalini.
Old 20-08-2006, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespirit
I love cold weather as well. (just as well I live in the UK!)
Love the smell of Autumn and falling leaves.
the smell of pine trees and Xmas.
I hate spiders,hate heights and creepy crawlie things.
hey...can I come live with you?!!! lol I'd love to live in the UK again...seems I lived there a number of times. And I, too, love autumn and xmas...especially in Europe.
Old 20-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Yes, I think I will do this exercise. The only reason I won't list them here is because I would like to do them in my own time and not of the top of my head. I think I will enjoy it more that way. Kundalini.
That's an excellent idea. When we just rattle things off the top of our head we tend to forget things....even things that are actually quite important to us.
Old 20-08-2006, 07:49 AM
bluespirit

Quote:
hey...can I come live with you?!!! lol I'd love to live in the UK again...seems I lived there a number of times. And I, too, love autumn and xmas...especially in Europe.

You're welcome anytime.Mother Goose!
Old 20-08-2006, 10:59 AM
kundalini

Quote:
That's an excellent idea. When we just rattle things off the top of our head we tend to forget things....even things that are actually quite important to us.

You're right Mother Goose. The other thing about doing an exercise such as this in your own time, is that you will really be able to use your imagination and create vivid pictures. . .although thinking about it, that might only work better with the 'likes' list!
Closed Thread