Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 14-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Master
Do Hauntings Stay with a House?

I lived 17 years in a quaint 2 story house built in 1924. From the first night we were there, things started happening, like walking through cold spots or smelling a cigar in the dining room. I had to have this house. I was drawn to it and I felt it waited for us to buy it as it was on the market for over a year. As the strange events began happening on a regular basis, they were nerve-wrecking and caused a lot of anxiety in family members. In time with things moving, doors slamming, TV's turning on and off, pictures flying off the wall, etc., etc., we just learned to accept our haunted house as being just that - haunted.

We did not move from this house because it was haunted, but for other reasons. However, in the 7 years that we've left that house it already has had 2 different owners. We thought for sure a family would fall in love with it and raise a family there for many years.

Got me wondering if the haunting we experienced remained behind in that house and if the haunting drove new owners away. Of course this is all just speculation on my part. Certainly there could be a number of reasons why someone would move. I thought that perhaps my family was bringing out the paranormal activity, but perhaps it's still going on and others don't have the stomach for it.

What do you think? Do you think people are haunted or places. Since moving I've experienced some unusual activity, enough to make me think, "Oh no, here we go again." But it was short lived and on a much smaller scale.
Old 17-06-2017, 12:21 AM
Experiencer
Hi, Blackraven,
I've been in a similar situation.
The house I grew up in was haunted and once I moved out; two of the shadow creatures I would see at my childhood house showed up at the apartment I moved too! But i think in your case from what you wrote; the house had a spirit attached to the house but i think that the new place you moved into also happened to have left over energy - not the same spirit.
Old 18-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
Hi, Blackraven,
I've been in a similar situation.
The house I grew up in was haunted and once I moved out; two of the shadow creatures I would see at my childhood house showed up at the apartment I moved too! But i think in your case from what you wrote; the house had a spirit attached to the house but i think that the new place you moved into also happened to have left over energy - not the same spirit.

Thanks for your input, shine. I agree with you. I believe spirits can remain attached to a house and continue to haunt new owners. Whereas other types of spirits may travel with a specific person to a new location. The house in live in now feels like it has residual energy from the builders, past owners and events that took place in the past. The previous house I lived in, however, had something menacing that had no reservations about being made aware of by us. Even visitors would come over and say, "Whose running around upstairs?" I'd say, "No one is up there, it's the spirits that came with the house." But the most blatant show of force (which could have been a poltergeist) was when my family was eating dinner in the main floor dining room and we all heard a very loud thump upstairs, like something heavy was just dropped. We all ran up there to my art room and in the middle of the floor was a huge jade tree that must have weighed over 50 pounds. Only thing was it previously sat at the exterior of the room directly in front of a window. Scared the living daylights out of my entire family that something that large and heavy was picked up and dropped by a paranormal force in the house.
Old 19-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Master

Could of been an old owner that passed on and just did not want to leave . It could just be left over energy .
Old 20-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Knower

Spirits attach to certain locations. Depending on how they died and the energy they became, they will be negative or posotive. I used to live in an R.V park where a man who was an escape prisoner shot himself. He shot himself on the lot on the hill. My family and I lived at the base of the hill and were terrorized by a malevolant spirit. I believe he was bound there by the negative emotions that he had experienced in his last moments. Emotions basically are energy. It's like the law of attraction. You let out a certain vibration and it creates your reality.
Old 21-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
Could of been an old owner that passed on and just did not want to leave . It could just be left over energy .

Yes desert rat, I believe that was the case with the old house I used to live in. One night, my then 6-year-old son, woke up screaming in his bed. I tried to walk to his room, but some force above me was pushing down on my shoulders and my feet wouldn't move. This went on for what felt like a few minutes. Finally I broke free and when I got to his room he was sitting up in his bed with a shocked look on his face, crying asking me who all the men were standing around his bed with guns pointed at him. Mind you, the previous owner's son died at war and that residence is the last place he lived before going off to war. That bedroom may have even been his at one time.
Old 21-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEmbers
Spirits attach to certain locations. Depending on how they died and the energy they became, they will be negative or posotive. I used to live in an R.V park where a man who was an escape prisoner shot himself. He shot himself on the lot on the hill. My family and I lived at the base of the hill and were terrorized by a malevolant spirit. I believe he was bound there by the negative emotions that he had experienced in his last moments. Emotions basically are energy. It's like the law of attraction. You let out a certain vibration and it creates your reality.

GoldenEmbers - Sounds like you have had your own experiences with malevolent spirits. And your right about the law of attraction. Seems like the more my anxiety and stress levels went up in that house, the more paranormal events took place. It was especially bad during my son's teen years when turmoil both of a personal nature and paranormal nature seemed to feed off one another.
Old 22-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Knower
It is hard to tell in your case. Do the events happen when you are out and about? I know that there are cases of the dead haunting people, but these are very rare. About buildings, if an event occurred in a structure and said structure was demolished and a new one built on top of it, then that home would be haunted, despite the older building not being there.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 13-08-2017, 01:29 AM
Guide

"Seems like the more my anxiety and stress levels went up in that house, the more paranormal events took place."

Hi, I don't really have a knack or understanding of anything paranormal, but, I have had my fair share - though since it's stopped last October, I've only had one recurrence about a month or so ago. The more so stressed I had been, the worse off I'd be in terms of "hauntings" if you want to call them that..

It's said they cannot hurt you, but it is unnerving when things are picked up, and dropped, or in my case, I have a loft bed 8 feet off the floor, and I've had it slammed into whilst I was in it, and rocked...not in a calming sense either.

Mine is due to being an open portal in the apartment below... though maybe it's closed, I'm not sure, but I ignore them now, and that could be why. I've lived in houses too with spirits I'd say, that played with my mind, and another that wanted me out.
Old 13-08-2017, 01:29 AM
Guide

"Seems like the more my anxiety and stress levels went up in that house, the more paranormal events took place."

Hi, I don't really have a knack or understanding of anything paranormal, but, I have had my fair share - though since it's stopped last October, I've only had one recurrence about a month or so ago. The more so stressed I had been, the worse off I'd be in terms of "hauntings" if you want to call them that..

It's said they cannot hurt you, but it is unnerving when things are picked up, and dropped, or in my case, I have a loft bed 8 feet off the floor, and I've had it slammed into whilst I was in it, and rocked...not in a calming sense either.

Mine is due to being an open portal in the apartment below... though maybe it's closed, I'm not sure, but I ignore them now, and that could be why. I've lived in houses too with spirits I'd say, that played with my mind, and another that wanted me out.