Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-10-2016, 06:52 AM
Master

Duality is a word that has yet (in some way) to be defined. There are many such words and we all use them without thinking what they represent.
Soul, spirit, love, - just a few of those words bandied about and thrown into the ocean of philosophy.

For me it's simple. Everything is one. So called opposites (that which gives rise to this thing we call duality) are simply aspects of the same thing. Like a magnet that has one positive end and one negative. In the middle it's neutral and only changes as a result of action.

The only really tangible duality and one which we have not yet been able to define is the one we live with each day. Mind and Matter. Even then we hesitate - all that has form is matter but these forms outside of what we call nature are created by the human mind where human interference can be seen. For instance the chair on which I am sitting. Or the city of London. Both a result of human minds.

So if we talk of God and Satan we are talking of the same thing - the differing aspects are caused by action.

If you put two pieces of iron together and one is hot and the other is cold they will then exchange aspects (information) until the middle way is found. Only action can afterwards change their condition or state.
Old 22-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Guide
Location: Beyond this illusion some where between Finding God and helping others
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMind
I don't get the OP at all, which is to say, I didn't understand a single sentence and how it connects to a philosophy of duality.

All philosophy is duality....

Why would you need a philosophy OF duality?

It's the same as saying "philosophy of philosophy"

Its the philosophy of Duality, not of a duality. The idea of both the sides of Anything leading all the way down to just Good and Evil being neither. Its the idea of balance in what seems chaotic and usefulness in what most minds deem non useful. Its just ideas about how the Omnipotent is in all, and so none of it can be bad, where by most think of duality as a one side is good one is bad, I am going through the thought processes of realizing the meaning behind Each perspective.

Every sentence is just about the back and forth between two states of being.

Due to the idea about feminine energy that i have been dealing with.
And Some other things.
I am sorry that i wasn't clear enough for others to understand but like i said, this was my thought process and was written for myself and my husband, so its also a bit personal. I just shared it hear because the day after i wrote it, this new forum was put up.
I needed a philosophy for duality because it was something i was over coming, the fear of negativity was dissolved through this writing this idea, and thought process for me. As this was a personal writing i made, and then shared on a whim.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Master
How I see the whole concept of duality isn't in terms of 'positive/negative' nor 'good/evil' nor 'God/Satan'.

Rather the whole issue of the nature of Duality exists in ultimate constructs;

Existent vs Non-Existent
Form vs Formless
Awareness vs Non-Awareness
Heads vs Tails

To break it down any finer than that leaves room for many 'shades of gray'. It's the whole reason why, in the symbol of Yin/Yang, there's a corresponding dot in the centre of each fish-thing.

God is that which goes beyond this duality, yet encompasses the entire dual state within it. It's full and total transcendence.

Heads and tails are two sides of the coin...God is the coin and the space in which the coin resides...and everything else...

This is what I believe anyway.

To limit God within the confines of duality is to limit God within the confines of a human construct - hey, I'm guilty of doing it myself - but often, one state leads on to the other.
Old 26-11-2016, 11:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMagdaQueenofQueens
Its the philosophy of Duality, not of a duality. The idea of both the sides of Anything leading all the way down to just Good and Evil being neither. Its the idea of balance in what seems chaotic and usefulness in what most minds deem non useful. Its just ideas about how the Omnipotent is in all, and so none of it can be bad, where by most think of duality as a one side is good one is bad, I am going through the thought processes of realizing the meaning behind Each perspective.

Every sentence is just about the back and forth between two states of being.

Due to the idea about feminine energy that i have been dealing with.
And Some other things.
I am sorry that i wasn't clear enough for others to understand but like i said, this was my thought process and was written for myself and my husband, so its also a bit personal. I just shared it hear because the day after i wrote it, this new forum was put up.
I needed a philosophy for duality because it was something i was over coming, the fear of negativity was dissolved through this writing this idea, and thought process for me. As this was a personal writing i made, and then shared on a whim.

yes, the things men consider to be 'good' and 'evil' are neither good nor evil, yet neither not good nor not evil. But just declaring that, no matter how true it is, doesn't get us out of hot water. I wanna rest my head as much as anyone but that isn't going to do it for me...