Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 30-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Master
Energy: Where it comes from and how it is used

Starting with each individual, and how they apply their personal energy; their motivation and their physical activity is the primary concern because human intent is the foundation of future society. This, in itself, is a complicated matter because people have the right to think and expend themselves as they see fit.

The underlying problem with civilisation is, people adapt to survive in a global economy by being conditioned through living in a society which is misguided to the degree where the greatest risk to humanity species is humanity itself.

While scientists and engineers scramble for alternative sources of energy to fuel this economy, the primary energy source, which is human motivation, continues to go unchecked, and quite obviously, the future of any person, and hence all of mankind, is fundamentally determined by personal motivation.

The Dalai Lama said that all people want to be happy, which basically makes sense, so in an overly simplistic sense it could be said that all motivation is, in some way, driven by wanting to be happy - the pursuit of happiness. This seems to be more like a pursuit of pleasure, and the towering economy of pleasure is not sustainable simply because that which brings pleasure will pass, and when it does, the happiness ends. The pursuit then continues, and this motivation begets an unsustainable and self destructive human civilisation.

The basic question I think isn't 'what makes people happy' because 'what' is necessarily in passing - The question is more like, what is key to human happiness? - And there's a difference between being motivated by wanting to be happy, and being motivated by happiness itself...
Old 30-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Ascender

Its interesting the analogy that energy can only be transformed, never destroyed; its used as a key survival after death point. Its still difficult to understand that energy holding our personalities, memories etc though.
Old 30-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Experiencer
nice

thank you for sharing. I could not agree more. It is self evident, isn't it?
Old 31-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Master
Now everyone wonders, what can we do about 'global warming', 'climate change', 'emissions', and the conclusion is 'emission reduction' and 'renewable energy'. A new language emerges from the sooty smog of the industrial revolution, 'renewed' hope arises from the bleak nuclear nihilism that died with the red threat to be rebirthed as terror...

Rhetoric... it's all we have because it's all we can say. New ideas arise where the old ideas become dated, but under the sun there is nothing new, yet there's always new words, a new era, the information age, the age of aquarius... and with so much promise, and out of so much fear, this heady mix of hope and desperation makes trust a facet of comfort rather than the product of truthfulness... and so remains askew the balance of intellect and emotion, the balance of logic and intuition and the balance of reason and instinct, and we arrive where it feels good, so it's 'my truth'.

When, pray tell, did the truth have any consideration for feelings? My word, there nothing so ruthless than what is true, and when one faces truth, they themselves are ruthless in so doing. There are no winners in this game...

In any day, what degree of ones life is really sincere and what degree is enacted, how much of a person is actually them and what proportion is socially constructed; and how many people know the difference between being themselves and behaving as they should? I don't know, and I'm not counting.
Old 31-07-2015, 12:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Now everyone wonders, what can we do about 'global warming', 'climate change', 'emissions', and the conclusion is 'emission reduction' and 'renewable energy'. A new language emerges from the sooty smog of the industrial revolution, 'renewed' hope arises from the bleak nuclear nihilism that died with the red threat to be rebirthed as terror...

Rhetoric... it's all we have because it's all we can say. New ideas arise where the old ideas become dated, but under the sun there is nothing new, yet there's always new words, a new era, the information age, the age of aquarius... and with so much promise, and out of so much fear, this heady mix of hope and desperation makes trust a facet of comfort rather than the product of truthfulness... and so remains askew the balance of intellect and emotion, the balance of logic and intuition and the balance of reason and instinct, and we arrive where it feels good, so it's 'my truth'.

When, pray tell, did the truth have any consideration for feelings? My word, there nothing so ruthless than what is true, and when one faces truth, they themselves are ruthless in so doing. There are no winners in this game...

In any day, what degree of ones life is really sincere and what degree is enacted, how much of a person is actually them and what proportion is socially constructed; and how many people know the difference between being themselves and behaving as they should? I don't know, and I'm not counting.

Catastrophic disasters due to global warming (caused by man and his greed to continue as he always has) is evident everywhere one looks across the entire globe. There are currently 15 wildfires burning up California, USA for example. On top of that the drought in it and other states exasperates the situation. There is little talk among the masses of the 'whys' to the reason all these events are taking place around the world. People just seem to think it's a problem they as individuals cannot solve. So they continue doing what they always have done, living to be happy regardless to what it does to the environment. Some put it off on government to make lasting changes. There is a point of no return though and at the rate we're going future generations will likely be wearing oxygen masks to breathe. I'm reading a book now entitled "A World Without Ice" - scary stuff.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Why The Attack On Truth?

Quote:
Gem --but under the sun there is nothing new......

We have new technoligies along with new words/concepts. The new word/concept selfie is resultant of new technology.

Quote:
When, pray tell, did the truth have any consideration for feelings?

Truth is metaphysical-1 abstract/concept.

Feelings are physical/energy and humans have a feeling/desire to know truth. I dont see the problem with that, as you seem to feel or think exists.

Quote:
My word, there nothing so ruthless than what is true, and when one faces truth, they themselves are ruthless in so doing. There are no winners in this game...

Huh? Gem why the attack on truth?

I think you have confused some peoples disires or feelings with truth.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 02-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Master

Happiness

Thank you for posting. Lovely topic.

They say that happiness is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe that was in that Bible I never read... I have come to believe we all create our own reality, while still living amongst everyone else. I also have come to believe that people living in fear can create mass amounts of truth that there is something to fear. Law of Attraction ~ is true for everyone. So if someone is living in a fear that the world will end, it is not that the world will end, it is that they will get in their experience things that match that belief that the world will end. If I believe that the world is healthy and if I come into balance with Mother Earth, she balances me, I balance her, and there is nothing to fear, because she is larger than us all and we are all living upon her, so she knows us all, then it becomes for me, nothing to fear, so I am living in a different vibration, not on that same wavelength.

Of course, I had to turn the TV off a few years ago to get to this place.

I do believe that 1 million people that pay attention to the news and weather channel that believe that, because things happened a certain way in the past in a season, and they are all focused on that one thing happening, they can create together this thing they are afraid of and I can listen to my gut and get the heck out of the way.

So I believe we are all co-creating as well the events of a world nature.

I wonder what would happen if none of us feared the earth and sky and all the weather in between? I would like to live in that world.

Happy~~~

I get happy. I experience Joy. I think they are different in some subtle way. It's like, getting happy can lead to Joy, but for me Happiness is temporary, and comes quick and fast in little bit sized chunks. Laughter makes me happy and brings me Joy, but it is fleeting sometimes. And I have to look for Joy. It can be in the very smallest of things. Maybe the difference is happy is tied to people and things, for me anyway, and Joy is tied to everything, I don't know.

I find Joy in my grandbaby's eyes - her sheer determination to master using her fingers and toes. I find Joy in the bird who is watching me just now, cocking his head at me. I think Joy is in everything, but I can only see it when I look for it. Or maybe I'm just splitting hairs
Old 02-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Feelings are like sine-waves there are highs( peaks ) and lows( valleys ).

I'm not so sure we can have one without the other.

No pain no gain is old saying that has truth to it.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 03-08-2015, 03:07 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The question is more like, what is key to human happiness? - And there's a difference between being motivated by wanting to be happy, and being motivated by happiness itself...
This reminds me of Susan Powter talking about motivation. What is it, where is it, how does one obtain it? Motivation is in the doing. Much like happiness. It is in the process of pursuit, but not the process itself. Self perpetuating.

'Do' what makes you happy, then feel it.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Master
What we 'consume', or rather, transform in order to create energy in the form of electricity or combustion in engines is diverse. Apart from burning fossil fuel and splitting atoms, hydro-power, solar and wind driven turbines are referred to as 'clean' or 'sustainable' or 'green' energy, and of course, everyone jumps in the 'clean energy' bandwagon as though it's an answer to 'global warming' or 'climate change'. That might be fair, and it seems to me that producing energy without emissions is more sensible than spewing bilious plumes of toxic waste into the water and the air. I do, however, doubt that 'clean energy' resolves the fundamental issue; the fundamental issue that is cause of the symptoms we are experiencing as a species, and scrambling to resolve.

I allude to the underlying thirst, the abject greed for more energy, greed for the energy that drives the economy upon which our 'civilisation' is based. Does it not seem bizarre that what we call 'civilisation' is founded on a system of profit (more) and perpetual growth? Even on a deeper level or on the psychic level, that 'civilisation' is founded on a single ideology that has become the global norm to which all people are coerced into conforming to?

This is where it becomes a different approach; instead of, or as well as addressing the symptoms such as global warming and pollution and calling that a solution, the focus addresses the motivation, intent, or state of psyche that produced the crisis, to address the cause itself... because clean energy technology will not solve anything, actually, as the demand for more energy will not subside...

The greed for 'power' has two meanings, the first is the greed for consumable energy, and the second is greed to own and control, and the latter is the primal cause of symptoms that are produced by the former.

As we address the psychic dimension, the ways in which people expend their personal energy, the thought forms that drive their aspirations, and the very conditions of avarice and greed and even the symbolic gestures of ideology... then we are really inquiring into the actual dilemma, the personal dilemma, the human dilemma of creating adverse circumstances, paradoxically, though the greedy pursuit of what we desire, and reacting to those adversities with more greed, albeit it 'clean and sustainable' demand for more and more energy and power.

One might criticise me because I nay say what I perceive as human futility without offering suggestions, but should I offer a suggestion or an approach or a solution, am I not merely creating a new ideology to which all must conform in order to realise it? And merely changing the nature of pursuit, a new paradigm in which to express the same greed that brought about the crises of which I speak?

The ideology, if it can be called that, is not a founding stone for a utopic civilisation unto which humans should conform, it's contrary to that, the contrary to ideology itself; diversity. Diversity is the natural progression of entropy... it's how energy disperses itself; it's how life organises itself through bio diversity... things just live by the natural laws. They don't know what the laws are. There's no book within which the natural laws are written. There's no mind with them learned. The natural law is the very function of mind itself, the very function of the universe itself... no controller thereof, but rather, an intrinsic relationship, a connectedness... or a life which animates living things - or 'energy'.