Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-03-2018, 01:58 AM
Pathfinder

Questioning your religion

I’m a muslim however i have always questioned certain beliefs in the islam. I have always believed God is merciful and kind and not the opposite (punish you) which some people say God is. Now i have always felt this connection and love for God grow. However now it’s like how do we know religion is actually true. When i write tgis i feel horrible, I honestly do. Because ive always spoken to God and felt safe. If i feel there is no connection, then i feel sad. I feel lost.
Old 19-03-2018, 02:58 AM
Master

If you believe there's a God, then you'll find one after you pass on. Overthere, everybody gets what they believe, including what they're afraid of.
Old 19-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Master
Hi,

I think that many religions teach the 'fear of God'. That God will punish you if you do not follow the rules of the religion.

I also believe that God is merciful, kind, and loving. That no one will suffer forever for not following the rules made by men about God.

There is a universal law, harm no one, do as you please. I suspect there are consequences for harming others however that is mostly due to the natural order of things. That the eternal soul actually understands unconditional love and the choices made by us when we are ignorant do not count against us the way religions describe.

It is good to feel safe speaking to God. I wish more us us did that instead of praying for interventions and forgivness for breaking the rules.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 19-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
If you believe there's a God, then you'll find one after you pass on. Overthere, everybody gets what they believe, including what they're afraid of.

Permanent illusion then, this being eternal or will learning continue and a next phase? I suspect humans tend to follow patterns and maybe perceptions as well. iow we have to deal with perception then. I have no problem with that. Do we need to deal with our fears and this is the only way to do that. If some learning continues then free will must to, but not to be able to realize change after doesn't allow for 2nd chances (for anyone), a one stop one shop of place and placement is sad and unwarranted. I'd argue with "God" on this. If it takes 1,000 years of different perception also means being different, yet being the same one. Is this the most or least efficient way? Is there a permanent change after many cycles or we are permanent after only one time and is this really fair? If I had been born in a different place and time, I would be different based on patterns and influences of the outside more so then the inside.

What has been learned cannot be unlearned?
Old 19-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingsoull97
I’m a muslim however i have always questioned certain beliefs in the islam. I have always believed God is merciful and kind and not the opposite (punish you) which some people say God is. Now i have always felt this connection and love for God grow. However now it’s like how do we know religion is actually true. When i write tgis i feel horrible, I honestly do. Because ive always spoken to God and felt safe. If i feel there is no connection, then i feel sad. I feel lost.

I toyed with Quranism for a while:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quranism

I had no issue with the Quran - only the apparent hypocrisy of the Hadiths even existing.

Hadith is not mentioned in the Quran as a source of Islamic theology and practice having been written 250+ years after the death of the prophet Muhammad.

Perhaps only listening to the Quran as Gods message & of course your own heart & soul will bring you peace?

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 19-03-2018, 07:25 PM
Pathfinder

Hadith is not mentioned in the Quran as a source of Islamic theology and practice having been written 250+ years after the death of the prophet Muhammad.

.[/quote]

Honestly, only recently ive started to see that the hadiths may have been changed a lot or people used to just write things down. Like for example, muslims aren’t allowed to keep dogs but i think this is absurd since they deserve to be loved
Old 19-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi.

I feel and have felt exactly as you do. Worshiping God, but not the way my religion perceives God.

I worship a God, this I know for certain. I became aware of him when I was six years old. And I have been speaking to him ever since.

There are some whom are skeptic of those whom say they can speak with God.

The religion I am of calls these people Prophets, and many are quick to label these people as false, but by whose standards theirs or God's?

My chosen religion Christianity perceives god much like you've described. A punisher. God sees us as sinners.

This religion takes the majority of its views from the bible.

This book is obviously biased. It is written by men. Everyone eats up their words, never questions them all the while realizing their biased words clearly emphasize their own human biases and hatreds. Homosexuality is a sin? God said this?

Friend in my heart I can ask God myself, and his answer is no.

The God I have spoken too seems not to be made of the same stuff the bible speaks- when it speaks of hateful biases, but the God I speak with does possess the qualities of good the bible does also mention.

Forgiveness, kindness, love.

None of us are sinners.

Not in the eyes of my God.

We are all very loved.

I feel the same as you although I am not Muslim, I am more Christian, but I call myself Pagan for sanity's sake.

It doesn't bother me anymore though, seeing a God that is loving and kind while my religion sees a God who punishes.

I do not feel bad about myself in the least. If my religion refuses to accept me, I accept this. I am whole enough. I honor God in my way. I need not worship along side others. Worship is a very personal thing anyway.

My point? I've come to accept the God I've found, and spoken with, and I've come to accept the fact that I can not agree with everything my own chosen religion promotes.

And that is that.

I feel not an ounce bad about it at all.

And neither should you.

Remember in your heart the loving God you've found. You do not need either to shout this from the rooftops and bring undue attention and bias toward yourself.

Worship in your own way, in your own home or simply in your heart. In peace.

All my best.
Old 19-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Master
Quote:

Honestly, only recently ive started to see that the hadiths may have been changed a lot or people used to just write things down. Like for example, muslims aren’t allowed to keep dogs but i think this is absurd since they deserve to be loved

Yeah, there is a logic jump I think as it should be that dogs are kept outside.

Gabriel didn't visit as there was a puppy in the house (dogs do step in their own mess so germs are a sensible thing to guard against) if I remember correctly the dogs were slaughtered as an apology.

The word unclean is correct here I'd wager as I don't recall it being stated by Gabriel that they were Haram.

I'd guess that is were many people get confused?

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 19-03-2018, 08:04 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi.

I feel and have felt exactly as you do. Worshiping God, but not the way my religion perceives God.

I worship a God, this I know for certain. I became aware of him when I was six years old. And I have been speaking to him ever since.

There are some whom are skeptic of those whom say they can speak with God.

The religion I am of calls these people Prophets, and many are quick to label these people as false, but by whose standards theirs or God's?

My chosen religion Christianity perceives god much like you've described. A punisher. God sees us as sinners.

This religion takes the majority of its views from the bible.

This book is obviously biased. It is written by men. Everyone eats up their words, never questions them all the while realizing their biased words clearly emphasize their own human biases and hatreds. Homosexuality is a sin? God said this?

Friend in my heart I can ask God myself, and his answer is no.

The God I have spoken too seems not to be made of the same stuff the bible speaks- when it speaks of hateful biases, but the God I speak with does possess the qualities of good the bible does also mention.

Forgiveness, kindness, love.

None of us are sinners.

Not in the eyes of my God.

We are all very loved.

I feel the same as you although I am not Muslim, I am more Christian, but I call myself Pagan for sanity's sake.

It doesn't bother me anymore though, seeing a God that is loving and kind while my religion sees a God who punishes.

I do not feel bad about myself in the least. If my religion refuses to accept me, I accept this. I am whole enough. I honor God in my way. I need not worship along side others. Worship is a very personal thing anyway.

My point? I've come to accept the God I've found, and spoken with, and I've come to accept the fact that I can not agree with everything my own chosen religion promotes.

And that is that.

I feel not an ounce bad about it at all.

And neither should you.

Remember in your heart the loving God you've found. You do not need either to shout this from the rooftops and bring undue attention and bias toward yourself.

Worship in your own way, in your own home or simply in your heart. In peace.

All my best.

I honestly believe all religions have the same principles and teach us to be loving and kind. Because im muslim, I think the one thing i fear from is straying away from the path of Islam because it has always been my identity. I know God exists because there has always been a sign or some sort of comfort when i am scared or need help.
Old 19-03-2018, 08:06 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Yeah, there is a logic jump I think as it should be that dogs are kept outside.

Gabriel didn't visit as there was a puppy in the house (dogs do step in their own mess so germs are a sensible thing to guard against) if I remember correctly the dogs were slaughtered as an apology.

The word unclean is correct here I'd wager as I don't recall it being stated by Gabriel that they were Haram.

I'd guess that is were many people get confused?

They may be unclean, however I still can never agree with sayings that state we shoudn’t be allowed to keep them in the house. It makes me feel sad. Not sure if they are accurate