Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-02-2011, 09:20 PM
thommo

visiualisation

can anyone tell me there prefered methods for visualising with closed eyes. i am in a bit of a rut with A.~P at the moment i used to have a good dal of success but now i cant seem to make any progress at all. thank you.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Master

I am not sure if this method is good but it seems to come easy to me. My eyes are closed and when I am feeling relaxed I try to see anything that comes to my mind. I do not force it. I see light then I imagine I am going through tunnels. Thanks for bringing this up. I will try it for a while.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:28 PM
thommo

thanks i'll give that a try. also does anyone have any suggestions for staying aware? i tend to find myself falling asleep. tips on how to enhance the vibrations would be great. thanks again.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Master

I fall asleep as well. Occasionally I stay awake. It is frustrating. I used to listen to annoying music to stay awake but I realise it is not a good idea. By doing that, the mind does not relax so you could be lying there for hours and nothing happens. I only did that a few times.
If your mind relaxes too much, you fall asleep. I think it is a good idea to relax yourself up to a point, then count or doing anything to keep yourself awake.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:58 AM
thommo

thanks, can i ask what degree of succses you've had with A.P? i've been trying 4 years with limited results and tend to get bored but i would love to be able to have some of the experiences i have read about. thanks.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:10 AM
Master

I have had lots of AP experiences. I would like AP to happen more often. I admit I do get bored and that is part of the problem. When you get bored your mind does not relax and AP will not happen. If you think too much, your mind also is not relaxing so AP will still not happen. I can easily relax my body but I found if my mind is not relaxed enough I will not AP. I could lie down for hours and nothing happens. That is what happened last week. I was relaxed and I was determined to stay awake. I did not fall asleep but I did not AP either. I was lying down for many hours and I did not AP. I realise my mind was not relaxed so that was my problem.
If you get bored, it is probably a good idea to have a break then start again.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 PM
thommo

thanks for the reply. can i just mention that the best AP exp i had i was floating out the room through the roof and was waiting to see the night sky but i could not see a thing, i know this can be a problem for novices but the thing that sticks out was i felt something behind me and it stabbed me in the right kidney from behind i could feel the pain so vividly and shot back to my body quite freaked out. any thoughts? thanks guys.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Master

Not being able to see is a common problem. When it happens, just say confidently and expect it to happen, I can see. Keep saying it until you can see very well. That will fix that problem.
About being stabbed. I can only guess about that. When we are out of our body, some things happen that are real and other things are not. It could have come from your subconscious. When I was out of my body one time and I was looking at someone, his face was distorted. Later on when I was thinking about it, I remembered the previous night I was watching a horror movie when I saw a distorted face.
I think it is a good idea when we are out of the body to get into a habit of getting our awareness. It is good to feel our hands, face and to see what we are wearing and say awareness now. I will only see and feel what is real.
Old 13-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Guide
The absolute best learning article for visualization would be Robert Bruce's description of it.

http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/n...alization.html

You can actually visualize much better than you think. :)
Old 13-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Master
thommo... I suggest you learn more about AP so you can develop ways that work for you. Visualization is not always necessary and there are many other methods.

Here are some resources for learning: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3783

Xan