Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingsoull97
I’m a muslim however i have always questioned certain beliefs in the islam. I have always believed God is merciful and kind and not the opposite (punish you) which some people say God is. Now i have always felt this connection and love for God grow. However now it’s like how do we know religion is actually true. When i write tgis i feel horrible, I honestly do. Because ive always spoken to God and felt safe. If i feel there is no connection, then i feel sad. I feel lost.

It sounds as if you have some conflicts between your personal beliefs about God and some of the tenets of Islam. Have you ever looked into the Sufi tradition? Sufism is sometimes considered as the mystical branch of Islam, and Sufi teachers emphasise the love of the Divine. Perhaps you are a natural Sufi, and on the Sufi path there would be no conflict between your love of God and your faith as a Muslim.

I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God. (Rumi)

Peace.
Old 19-03-2018, 09:01 PM
Master
Quote:
They may be unclean, however I still can never agree with sayings that state we shoudn’t be allowed to keep them in the house. It makes me feel sad. Not sure if they are accurate

That's your choice alone to make.

Houses of that era were likely not the same as ours, size/layout & people probably sat on the floor.

The logic of the Angel Gabriel is valid - even by our scientific standards- dogs are unclean if we really take the time to look. I have been a dog owner for many years (multiple dogs at a time)yet having had a child cleanliness becomes paramount.

A utility room (something never imagined back then) is the best place for dogs to sleep, keep them off of furniture & completely away from the kitchen & babies.

That's not disrespecting Gabriel in the slightest yet it takes into account the story which to be fair has some validity.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 19-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Deactivated Account
I personally questioned everything about religion and now I am free from it.
Old 19-03-2018, 10:45 PM
Master

Quote:
I’m a muslim however i have always questioned certain beliefs in the islam. I have always believed God is merciful and kind and not the opposite (punish you) which some people say God is. Now i have always felt this connection and love for God grow. However now it’s like how do we know religion is actually true. When i write tgis i feel horrible, I honestly do. Because ive always spoken to God and felt safe. If i feel there is no connection, then i feel sad. I feel lost.

blossomingsoull97,

There is only one true religion. That religion is the relationship between the soul of an individual and God. It seems to me that you have a good relationship. No religion can give you or establish your personal relationship with God. That is the secret you share with God. If you pray, you are praying to God......not to some specific religion. Generally relgion is determined by an accident of birth. If one is born into a specific culture oftentimes that dictates a certain religion. Outward appearances are often necessitated by many different things and some conformity might be required. But, if that is the case, do not let it affect your inward self. And do not feel alone in your situation. I am sure you are surrounded by more people than you realize who experience this same dilemma.
Old 19-03-2018, 10:48 PM
Master
Question everything, what follows is a state of confusion.
Out of confusion comes clarity.
Old 19-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Pathfinder

I was having a conversation with myself and could not help crying because i never want to disappoint my Lord, but through this conversation i felt that maybe the reason i am feeling this way is to get rid of old beliefs of fear regarding God which religions like to use so they follow it. I felt this ‘butterfly’ type of feeling, if that means anything. I was wondering why can’t people focus on love.
Old 19-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Pathfinder

I remember when people would say ‘oh we are lucky to be born in this religion, it is the one true religion’ I remember always being a bit curious with this and wondered that people from different religions are also God’s creation, why are we the ‘lucky’ ones? If that makes any sense
Old 19-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
I remember when people would say ‘oh we are lucky to be born in this religion, it is the one true religion’ I remember always being a bit curious with this and wondered that people from different religions are also God’s creation, why are we the ‘lucky’ ones? If that makes any sense

Yes, indeed what about all of those born on separate continents?

An Eskimo was never going to be exposed to any Abrahamic religion, are they all heathens bound for hell simply by being born away from it?

What about those in France or England in the dark ages?

Its silly when you really dig deep into any religion - if only one is the true religion why is it not given to everyone. Why can we not recite it chapter & verse without ever reading a page.

Its good to question, provided that your prepared for where the answers may lead ..

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 19-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Yes, indeed what about all of those born on separate continents?

An Eskimo was never going to be exposed to any Abrahamic religion, are they all heathens bound for hell simply by being born away from it?

What about those in France or England in the dark ages?

Its silly when you really dig deep into any religion - if only one is the true religion why is it not given to everyone. Why can we not recite it chapter & verse without ever reading a page.

Its good to question, provided that your prepared for where the answers may lead ..

Yes, that is what never made sense to me too. Some people never gain knowledge about another religion so what happens to them then? I would think to myself ‘these people do not deserve to go to hell’ there are so many good people out there.
Old 19-03-2018, 11:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, that is what never made sense to me too. Some people never gain knowledge about another religion so what happens to them then? I would think to myself ‘these people do not deserve to go to hell’ there are so many good people out there.

A loving creator would not do that.

God has to be better than us in every way imaginable - the most loving, the most kind, the most forgiving.

There is more to the story - I believe that lots of knowledge has been hidden or misinterpreted by those before us. The more people claim that text has remained unchanged - the more I am sceptical.

If the Quran is in your heart - find comfort in it.

If it no longer speaks to you perhaps wait & see what does ..

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain