Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 25-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Experiencer

multiple short quotes in one thread

, At Forum HelpI first read the sticky on "cut & paste" my question wasn't answered.

Then on page 8 I found one person ask this question on 07-06-15 by essvass "How can I include several small quotes .."

I could not understand the explanation by gem

I looked thru 11 pages. The 12th: only option to click HOME

I'd also like to change the date of birth. It is not what I must have written when I signed up, but I can't imagine this makes any difference since I opted to hide my age.

Oh yes, I also spend quite a bit of time searching for particular threads and go through many pages in the particular subject I know it was in. I could do a search, but this doesn't get me to the thread I want to see the latest on.

For example: Awareness is Present and awareness "speaks". I don't always get an email notification, and just want to stay current. Or I've only read so many pages and want to go back to it and spend sooo much time searching page after page.

Is there a way?

Thanks, and I also realize the same questions are asked over and over. This must be a problem. At least there's only 12 pages, but that too a looong time to see if it was asked before.

Joyce
Old 28-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce
Then on page 8 I found one person ask this question on 07-06-15 by essvass "How can I include several small quotes .."
With each post you wish to quote: click the quote button for that post, highlight and copy the whole post, then paste the post in your reply post. You can add them sequentially. Or you can add them one inside each other, like a conversation. Examples below.

A writes: Nice day!
B writes: I'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A
Nice day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B
I'll say!

Or this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B
Quote:
Originally Posted by A
Nice day!
I'll say!
Old 01-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks for explaining, Baile.

Joyce, changes to your account are made int the User CP section however, your more than welcome to contact me directly to help change or walk you though your account as well,

Cloves
Old 01-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Experiencer

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
With each post you wish to quote: click the quote button for that post, highlight and copy the whole post, then paste the post in your reply post.

Thanks Baile, believe it or not, even your explanation was confusing and here's why. I understood until you said to paste it in my "reply post". As far as I understand, we can only click Quote or QR, which, at least on my laptop, look identical as a reply. I knew what I'd write underneath their original post and it would appear below the box on the final product, but I could only do it once, and that is what was stumbling me.

Good news. "awareness" had told me about the little cartoon thing to the left of the pound symbol above. He said to highlight the part of the post I want to respond to, then click that cartoon thing. And I can do that every time I'm replying to a specific point within that original post. The [QUOTE with brackets on either side of what I wanted would appeared, then I'd type my reply and continue that way and it'd come out looking like your first example.

And I'm still not sure how you did the second way(one inside the other), but I'm sure I wont use it anyway. But thank you SOOO much for taking your time to help me!!!

But I never did ask how I'd get quotes from two separate emails into one reply using the method I understand.

Baile, IF you have the time, and IF you understand my question and you can explain it very specifically ( as if I don't know anything) that'd be nice of you.

And I can't get the fonts to change, or the bold, italic, or underline to work. The part I'd highlighted to bold had b's on both sides, but doesn't appear bold here. Haven't tried others besides the quote icon that miraculously did and does work - thank goodness.

Whew, hope you understood this. Thanks again if you want ~