Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 22-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Master
A real Guru has reached a very awakened or enlightened state. They are far more awakened to their true nature and the true nature of reality than the average person. They are able to articulate truths and point people in the right direction very skillfully. Also if someone is enlightened even animals can feel the energy of their presence.
Old 23-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
A real Guru has reached a very awakened or enlightened state. They are far more awakened to their true nature and the true nature of reality than the average person. They are able to articulate truths and point people in the right direction very skillfully. Also if someone is enlightened even animals can feel the energy of their presence.

I would agree yet at the same time if one is not open enough then they will not be able to feel such a presence. Which is why it is important to do the work ourselves so when such a being does come around we are able to notice and take advantage of such an opportunity.
Old 23-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Master
I have to say , in an earlier post someone said sai baba was a fraud. Sorry but he wasn`t, I know. He did some manifestations that other unbelievers were able to emulate, but things that he did for me were not tricks. Remember that those who make tv programmes are not necessarily telling the truth. My experience of Baba and mother Meera have proven to me that they are the real deal. I don`t care what others say. I have no axe to grind, I`m not trying to get devotees for them. For me Baba Meera and Krishna have been a miracle in my life
Old 23-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I have to say , in an earlier post someone said sai baba was a fraud. Sorry but he wasn`t, I know. He did some manifestations that other unbelievers were able to emulate, but things that he did for me were not tricks. Remember that those who make tv programmes are not necessarily telling the truth. My experience of Baba and mother Meera have proven to me that they are the real deal. I don`t care what others say. I have no axe to grind, I`m not trying to get devotees for them. For me Baba Meera and Krishna have been a miracle in my life
Those that think someone is a fraud...are usually those that have no idea, I have found.
It is based on hearsay...not personal experience.
It's just what I see over decades of people who doubt or ridicule something.

My motto is to listen to people who know...that goes for a referral to a mechanic or restaurant!
"Have you gone to the person yourself! How do you know?"
My first criteria.

So, thank you, peteyzen.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-11-2016, 03:41 AM
Master
I just have to look in their eyes and I can tell.

I can see it in Swami Yogananda, but not in Sri Yukteshwar Giri.
I can see it in Nikola Tesla, but not in Albert Einstein.
I can see it in Swami Venkatesananda but not in Swami Sivananda.
I can see it in Sridi Sai Baba, but not in Satya Sai Baba.
I can see it in Ratu Bagus, but not in Swami Nithyananda.

Certain people just give off a 'buzz' or a 'zing' and a smile in your direction and you know without asking.
Old 24-11-2016, 04:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
What is it about Gurus ( most of whom seem to come from India ) that so many people from the West follow their every word or bit of advice with blind obedience and devotion?

Not meaning any disrespect, but did they eat from a special tree of knowledge or what ?

What makes what they say, any different from what someone you meet wherever, has to say ? Just because they come from India ? How come one never hears of a Guru from Alaska ? ( just a random choice ) ... or maybe a warmer place ?

If one listens to some of what is being said by a Guru, talk of love, compassion etc... one could hear the same thing, sometimes not always ... from someone who gets a bit sentimental & philosophical , after one too many glasses of wine . Isn't wine a drink of the gods ?

just wondering.......

Dream Angel xx

A true guru has a lot of shakti. That energy rubs off on people and you can feel it if your open to it. Transmissions, shaktipat, or whatever one calls it is an excellent tool for growth. With the kundalini shakti.

Has nothing to do with countries, culture, and talk imo. Has to do with shakti. Following somebody around to me is a silly act. Unless for some reason it opens them up to the person. And hey, if that works then my opinion is meaningless.

I have met two gurus. One from the us and one from india. I have also been to india and met many people far along.

I have little in common with any of them. The one from the us i like the most. And seemed to have the most power. Not that that is relevant to personality or culture. But i could dislike them and he open to the energy and who cares. If it works it works.

For me i treaaure being me but enjoy that im open to them. I dont have to be into anything to be open. I think that is possible for everbody. Thry are they and i am me. I dont see culture and or personality having anything to do with anything. But thats just my experience

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 24-11-2016, 05:27 AM
Master
Running is a very wise man and very, very humble.

A true guru isn't really about talk. It is about experience, what he is able to bring about with in you. Any talk is an understanding of what you are experiencing.
Old 24-11-2016, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I would agree yet at the same time if one is not open enough then they will not be able to feel such a presence. Which is why it is important to do the work ourselves so when such a being does come around we are able to notice and take advantage of such an opportunity.

Thank you. I needed to hear this.