Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 10-04-2011, 01:41 AM
FenixTiga

You keep your thought private, so no one can mess with your mind.
Old 23-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Tindra

A lot of great replies in this thread. I'm very chatty so the thought has occurred to me too that I might be pestering people when I think to them. My family is fairly open, and they can pick up on my thoughts like nothing and vice versa, and being around them has made it easier to learn how to keep my thoughts in check. I try to avoid thinking to people directly and I think that helps to block out some of the chatter a little bit, although not always.

Learning how to control thoughts and emotions is good practice. I had a moment when I was so angry I could scream, I pushed the feeling out of me, and all of a sudden a little kid just roared out of pure anger. Such events (and there have been a lot of those and many that are more specific than just emotions) has made me more careful about how I feel and think because of how it affects people around me.

Is there any particular reason why you feel that you need to control your thoughts? Did anything interesting happen?
Old 23-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtBroadcaster
i need a lecturer so it might convince my alter ego to stop broadcasting.

could you explain that a bit more please?
Old 23-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i used to experimentally poke strangers to see if i'd get a reaction. sometimes i did and sometimes those reactions were fearful and/or hostile. i'd also poke my friends. some thought it funny and interesting. some got annoyed. i was called a "psychic brat" by some of my Renny friends.

nowadays i have enough people in my mind so i try to keep a low profile.

LOL..thats a bit extreme IQ. That's invasion of personal space and these days, can be classed as abuse or worse..especially with strangers. What possessed you to do such a thing?
Old 23-04-2011, 02:00 AM
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtBroadcaster
i need a lecturer so it might convince my alter ego to stop broadcasting.

Part of it might be respecting other people's boundaries. ?
Old 23-04-2011, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
LOL..thats a bit extreme IQ. That's invasion of personal space and these days, can be classed as abuse or worse..especially with strangers. What possessed you to do such a thing?

i was a kid with a new toy. i was just playin. classed as abuse or worse by whom? one can't be charged with assault with a telepathic weapon.
Old 23-04-2011, 09:59 AM
SunMist

This kinda belongs in this thread: what do you do if you are really upset/angry with someone and you just need to work through the feelings on your own? If you and the other party are mildly telepathic there's risk of broadcasting - especially with strong feelings. Other than just calm down immediately, anybody got any ideas?
Old 23-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
This kinda belongs in this thread: what do you do if you are really upset/angry with someone and you just need to work through the feelings on your own? If you and the other party are mildly telepathic there's risk of broadcasting - especially with strong feelings. Other than just calm down immediately, anybody got any ideas?

The problem is that each of us is an all powerful godly being. When there is a need to vent primitive feelings, I suggest that we learn how to do this in a kindly fashion.

I find it best to respect all our feelings as well as those of others.

Being composed in this way is a choice we make with our intentions to be that way. Then venting our feelings is in "kindness mode" instead of "hurtful mode".

Since we are always entangled with All That Is, being in "hurtful mode" is quite self destructive.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i was a kid with a new toy. i was just playin. classed as abuse or worse by whom? one can't be charged with assault with a telepathic weapon.

ahhh..so it was a telepathic poke?
Old 23-04-2011, 11:58 AM
mattie

Take Full Ownership Of Alter- It's Very Productive

I’m not inclined to lecture, but am willing to pass along what I’ve read that makes sense about this issue.

Several issues arise here. One is that there is an ‘alter ego’ that presumably you aren’t in control of who is operating autonomously. This is YOU & your thoughts. You voluntarily generate every single one of your thoughts. It is handy to devise the idea of the ‘alter‘ so we don’t have to take responsibility for our thoughts we disapprove of. If you don’t like what your ‘alter’ is thinking, just stop. You are in charge of ALL of your thoughts, emotions, & behaviors. Taking 100% responsibility for these is one of the first things we do w/ expanding consciousness.

It’s OK (very productive) to take ownership of the stuff we want to sump off on the ‘alter.’ Nobody is perfect & the objective is to grow & expand. Realizing what areas we need to work on is part of this process. Taking ownership of EVERYTHING is the start of genuine empowerment. We all do this as part of our growth process.

Many have said that our thoughts extend far beyond our personal energy field. This is the basis for collective consciousness, telepathy, clairvoyance, etc.

Throughout history various movements have peddled that various parts of our psyche were in control of us, operating autonomously against us. We were told to be fearful of being controlled by our sexuality, will, emotions, intellect, self/ego, shadow self, imagination, etc. There is no need to be fearful of any of these things. Those who are energetically savvy know it is highly effective to persuade us to remain at a very low frequency by being fearful of anything. It is even more potent to convince us to be fearful of PART of our psyche. Being fearful of part of us is highly disempowering if we can't even trust our self. It is impossible to attain any meaningful expansion of consciousness if one is distrustful of part of one’s self. This is one of the many pieces of past misinformation that are currently being tossed in the metaphysical waste bin as bunk.