Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
No trust me, this is not just a mere gut reaction. Please I beg you, do not mistake me for the type of guy who follows the flock because my judgements are based on my own experiences rather than what other people try to shove down my throat.
You can't reach an accurate assessment of whether religion is good or bad based only on your own experience. The fact that billions of people still follow relgions shows that some have had good experiences with it and found it helpful.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Ascender
Quote:
The only correct thing to say is that any religion is absolutely cancerous.

if that was the case ,then what Jesus told his true followers to do, up to the End. would mean nothing ,(Matt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come). Jesus taught and spoke of his Father's kingdom, he taught other to do so up to the End. now of course those faithful men and women has long been dead. so obviously Jesus knew he would still have faithful followers who would do as he commanded, up to our very End. so what you're implying is incorrect. the true teachings NEVER stopped, and it isn't "cancerous." peace
Old 02-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
You can't reach an accurate assessment of whether religion is good or bad based only on your own experience. The fact that billions of people still follow relgions shows that some have had good experiences with it and found it helpful.

Sure I can. And let me correct you, the fact that billions of people are still blindly devoted to bullsh#t only proves my statement even further.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
if that was the case ,then what Jesus told his true followers to do, up to the End. would mean nothing ,(Matt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come). Jesus taught and spoke of his Father's kingdom, he taught other to do so up to the End. now of course those faithful men and women has long been dead. so obviously Jesus knew he would still have faithful followers who would do as he commanded, up to our very End. so what you're implying is incorrect. the true teachings NEVER stopped, and it isn't "cancerous." peace

You do realise that same book which you just quoted is full of evil, right? Of course I do neither condemn nor reject the teaching of Christ, but the sad fact is that there are little to no good and inspirational teachings in the bible at all aside from Jesus.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Master
Slayer; I understand that you don't want to be force fed beliefs and values. There is not that much force being applied to Christianity any more. The Christian west has relaxed in many ways. You do sound angry about all this. Why the anger?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
That is too generalised. Almost all Christians believe that Christ is the saviour/Messiah and the only path to God. I do not know of any Church which does not believe that.

Do a little research Honza.. You said it yourself ' Almost all ' but not all.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Slayer; I understand that you don't want to be force fed beliefs and values. There is not that much force being applied to Christianity any more. The Christian west has relaxed in many ways. You do sound angry about all this. Why the anger?

The Christian West is not as relaxed as you seem to think.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Because I've wasted too many years on religion when I was still a Christian, and in truth it never improved my life or answered my prayers at all. I have learned that it is extremely toxic to devote your life to something that in the end turned out to be a major disappointment.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:42 PM
kjw47

Quote:
C.S. Lewis.

How very correct. So which?

1Corinthians 1:10-- Unity of thought( all matters of truth) no division= one single religion---that means- 99% of them claiming to be christian--arent.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:
You do realise that same book which you just quoted is full of evil, right? Of course I do neither condemn nor reject the teaching of Christ, but the sad fact is that there are little to no good and inspirational teachings in the bible at all aside from Jesus.

i dsagree, also do you understand that the words Jesus spoke, was NOT his words, but the words of his Father. in which he was relating to us? (John 14:24 He that love me not keep not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me). the bible isn't "evil", we being a wicked and "EVIL" world. Jehovah taught us to love ALL, Jesus taught us to love all and especially his Father ,(Matt. 22:37-39 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself).

Jehovah warns us to watch out for satan and his false ministers ,(James 4:7, Ephe. 6:11 ,2Cor. 11:13-15). how Jehovah God sent his Son so that we may gain life, (John 3:16). he asked us to change our wicked ways, because he has NO desire to destroy us ,(Ezek. 18:23). he speaks of getting rid of this wickedness and evil world, (Psa. 37:9). and giving it to the righteous, as Jesus told us ,(Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth).

seems to me, that Jehovah's words are "GOOD" and "inspirational." i could go on and on, a book is just a book, but the words of this book is of Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), exerts his Power, there's much Good there. becareful, he warn us how satan can mislead the world into NOT accepting his words ,(2Cor.4:4). satan KNOWS, he will be destroy soon ,(Rev.12:12). this is why he's trying to take as many of us with him. he hates Jehovah God and Jesus, don't be fooled, just because we believe one, doesn't mean ANYTHING. we have to believe and love BOTH, if we want life ,(Acts 16:31 and John 17:3). peace