Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Closed Thread

Old 22-08-2017, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
Interesting feedback... I am a woman, for starters.

To clear things up, there are strong boundaries, which he has communicated to me, and this is why I feel safe to be deeply vulnerable.

That sound good, more solid that way.

Quote:
My Heart has opened and I've very very quickly come to deep realizations. Also, though he is a teacher and I a student, there is a shared and deep reverence for EACH OTHER. I feel profoundly safe, respected, and loved. He simply listens to me and tells me to trust myself and has never once told me what to do..... so this relationship does not foster dependence.

Yes, a sense of safety is important, and not to be confused with dependence, and by what you say it sounds like a well balanced arrangement.

Quote:
It makes me sad that so many became fearful. There are good genuine even truly good and genuine teachers out there.

I guess there are some sucky spiritual teachers that give people reason for concern, and some tantric traditions are notorious for malpractice, but as I say, you're the boss, so you can determine what is for the best.
Old 22-08-2017, 04:47 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Ground, this is a vajrayana student teacher relationship, fundamental to vajrayana. Do you not see vajrayana as Buddhism?

Even if it were buddhism it is definitely said in vajrayana tradition that vajrayana is restricted to the sphere of teacher-student.
So what't the purpose for bringing up this topic in this forum? Why do you seek affirmation here in this forum? Obviously vajrayana does not satisfy you since you are seeking public attention which does not comply even with vajrayana itself.
Old 22-08-2017, 04:53 AM
Master
Gem - thanks, yep :)

Ground - ya know, you have a point. It doesn't feel good to post about this here especially since it simply can not be understood nor would I share any specifics.

That's all for this post. Lesson learned... phew.
Old 22-08-2017, 05:15 AM
Master
Also, Gem I want to aknowledge your thoughtful initial post, thank you. I see it came from a place of care and discernment not judgement and appreciate it.
Old 22-08-2017, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
LOL,

Buddhism is much more than the Pali Sutta as you well know.

The Buddha setup a system of monks and told people to take refuge did he not?

A teacher/guru student has been part of Buddhism since it's beginning.

All traditions of Buddhism use Pali Canon Suttas for core teachings, you have many ' add on's ' along the way from different cultures etc:
Scriptures from early schools of Buddhism contain Pali Canon, so you cannot say there is more to Buddhism than these teachings as they existed before Buddhism.....
Old 22-08-2017, 06:16 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
That's a good point

Most of the practitioner don't see something not good there and I can't tell her what she should do . It's only to let her to find out by herself than I tell her the truth.
Old 22-08-2017, 06:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Also, Gem I want to aknowledge your thoughtful initial post, thank you. I see it came from a place of care and discernment not judgement and appreciate it.

Yes, I don't have judgements, and I don't know anything about that kind of Buddhism, so all my concerns are for your well-being, and because that will ultimately rely on your own self-determination, it would be counterproductive for me to exert influence according to any personal bias I might have. On the thread we do have those who are against the Tibetan traditions in general and those who are biased toward a guru approach, but I don't want to influence you - on the contrary, its best if you decide things without any coercive influence at all. I believe a well grounded teacher would understand that.
Old 22-08-2017, 06:18 AM
Master
Namaste.

This sounds like the very relationship I had with the one who initiated me into Tantra some 35 years ago.

I was 18, he was 25...tall, dark, handsome, Balinese...knew the Vedas inside-out, could boil tapwater in one hand and freeze it in the other, could bi-locate often, would make love without movement or emission. From the very start, he could see my soul...right through to my core. Gazing into his eyes was like gazing into the infinite abyss itself and I have never, ever had any other relationship quite like it. The love was unconditional but so intense!
Old 22-08-2017, 06:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I have this past year entered into a powerful student-teacher relationship. It is extremely potent and I often feel completely naked and vulnerable before my teacher, who sees me with a cutting clarity and this is reflected back to me. The closeness and love is unlike anything I have experienced even with family. In fact, honestly, I have never experienced this level of intimacy and transparency in my life. Upon meeting we both recognized each other and he has told me we know each other from (at least) a past life.

He is a highly respected buddhist vajrayana teacher, the highest level teacher in his lineage of Buddhism. MANY of my concepts have been cut through by this relationship, it's unbelievable how much more free and open-minded I am.

I am entering retreat with him soon and am feeling, well, quite nervous!!! I have fallen completely in (unattached) love and feel INTENSE devotion.

I'm wondering if any of you are in vajrayana student-teacher relationships? And what your experience is?

Vajrayana is tantric Buddhism, in which there is much emphasis on the student-teacher relationship being intimate, sometimes even closer than family.

Sounds like the essential ingredients are there at this moment in your life, humility, faith, fascination and love etc. Don't take these ingredients for granted, they can disappear again or you can outgrow them too, like a child learning to walk, learns to run etc. So try to accept and enjoy the experience if your happy that the Lama has a good reputation and there is no scandal around him. You would not want to be drawn into any of that.

So look after yourself, around him and the Sangha especially the older members. Even if he is a living Buddha, fear and trepidation may be present within yourself so acknowledging that which you are doing is good. Otherwise enjoy it, if you know what i mean and good luck.

I had one Buddhist teacher who I use to see as the Buddha. I had the enthusiasm and the qualities to see him as the Buddha, I think some people were a little perplexed at my naivety at the time, those people I think fancy themselves as great thinkers and Buddhist scholars, that goes for folks around here too, wikipedia merchants etc. So I don't regret the experience and my naive faith which is a precious thing they say, and ultimately when you think about it is a much harder quality to gain, or have, than quoting chapter and verse of Buddhist Sutras.

Ps. I've just noticed someone has quoted Eckhart Tolle who says if you want to be still and silent seek out a tree and learn from that tree, I guess seeing the teacher as the Buddha encourages the door to open were by we can see ourselves as Buddha too. Good luck. :)

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 22-08-2017, 06:49 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Namaste.

This sounds like the very relationship I had with the one who initiated me into Tantra some 35 years ago.

I was 18, he was 25...tall, dark, handsome, Balinese...knew the Vedas inside-out, could boil tapwater in one hand and freeze it in the other, could bi-locate often, would make love without movement or emission. From the very start, he could see my soul...right through to my core. Gazing into his eyes was like gazing into the infinite abyss itself and I have never, ever had any other relationship quite like it. The love was unconditional but so intense!

Hey our gel,

You only said something good but you forgotten to say what is not good but I said, only that is not good but not something good.

You forgotten to tell , how you suffer after the practice....... That's like dragging others into water....
Closed Thread