Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 21-03-2012, 11:11 AM
rg3

Manifesting master talent

Hello to all the you spectacular manifesting artists! I have a question! but here is a little of my history. ok, so literally since i was 3 years old (so my mother says) I have been sculpting. I am classically trained and apprenticed in sculpture production studios since i was 11 years old.

Im now 26, living in New York City, i have a dream job making hyper realistic sculptures, and i even have clients asking for my own personal work. but heres the thing.

I feel like i have manifested the job, and the clients, (making even more money than my parents at one point!!!) but now that im doing these things i realize my talent and ability do not meet the standards they are asking for. I feel great and confident in my abilities (otherwise i would not be where i am) but the sculptor i work for, and the teachers in my life, they feel like i should be better. I can see a look in there eyes that says "i want to be wowed, but i am not wowed".

so specifically here is the question: How do i manifest, or summon the talents of drawing/ sculpting/ painting like that of the old masters like Leonardo and Michelangelo. I dont want to spend my whole life training to make things like these guys did, but i want to create work of that caliber.

any advice? i realise i may sound hard on myself, but these are perhaps the words of my mentors and not my own... THANK YOU!! for any and all advice! abundant blessings to you all!!
Old 21-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Master

Look at the coffeecup on your table, or any other object or person. Look closely. See those lines, those colors, those textures? Your eyes are good, and so are your hand, and what you see is what becomes your result. Line by line, color by color, texture by texture. Reality; copied.

Now close your eyes. And open your inner vision. 'Look' at the object that you saw a little while ago. Let your real hands hang down and lift the hands on your mind to caress the object. It no longer is the same object, but one changed subtly by your mind. Observe; it has new textures, new colors, the lines are no longer measured by numbers alone. Your mind sees something new.

Now go to your studio and sculpt THAT object.
Old 21-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Master
Wait. So basically, you're saying you want to make astounding work without putting forth all the effort?

I'm not sure if that's even possible. Even Michelangelo and da Vinci had to work their butts off to get where they were. Why do you think you can be excluded from this?

As a freshman in art school, I have to say... that's quite ambitious (and a bit lazy) of you. Not trying to be rude, because I understand the feeling, but I'm very surprised you feel you can "manifest" jaw-dropping talent without putting forth the effort.

If you want to "wow" your teachers or superiors, work harder. Don't think simply because you have awesome training that you can produce satisfactory work and have it impress everyone. A true artist would sit down, dig deep, and work until every detail is impeccable... even if it meant hours and hours of slaving away.

You will never manifest "talent" unless you put forth the effort. And this will probably take many more years.

Sorry to be blunt, but in fact, I'm saying this not only to you, but myself as well. But I've dedicated my whole life to creativity. I understand that I will be training until the day I go home.

Old 21-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Shabby

Hi rg3 and welcome to the forum.

There are several ways to overcome the problem you are encountering right now. Here are a few : )

1) Ask Leonardo and Michelangelo how to become a master of your talent. This can be done in meditation.
2) Ask yourself next time you sit in front of a new piece...what would Leonardo or Michelangelo do?
3) Look within yourself to see if there is a belief that you are not "good" enough that is creating your experience.
Old 21-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Enya

Hmm... may I suggest you turn your attention inward to find the Master Within. From what you say, I suspect that you have not given your spirit a chance to truly 'fly' and express itself in unique ways. That's the wow' factor and perhaps your teachers see your potential going un-explored. Don't look to others like Da Vinci, look to your own soul for guidance. Perhaps it is time to seek away from the trappings your sculpture has brought you. Start with White Warrior's advice...
Old 21-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Experiencer
I think practicing your art in combination with meditation and energy work with the primary chakras is the best way to open up your artistic abilities. The only way to do it is a combination of working on both; certain metaphysical practices can really expand your abilities, but it takes physical practice and development to get the right collaboration of the two.