Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Light Mage

Question Fluoxetine (Prozac)

Does anybody else have experience with this antidepressant medication?

My doctor put me on it a couple of months ago, and I did think it was starting to help, but I've been right back down the last few weeks. The doctor has suggested I try increasing the dose, which I have done, but maybe it's too soon to notice any real change.

Anyway, does anyone else (if they use it) notice side effects such as aching jaw muscles?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:31 AM
BLAIR2BE

Hey Lightmage,
I have not taken Prozac, but I have, years ago, taken some others. The depression I felt was intense and long-lived. I took the meds for a few months and the only affects I experienced was a zombie like state. I am now free from depression and have been for quite some time. I used no medication to achieve this and I’m quite against its use. Now, at the same time I cannot totally condemn antidepressants because I myself have done no studies on their effectiveness versus ill affects (I should mention here that I am bias and untrusting of the entire medical community). Well, back to your questions. No, I have not used Prozac but other “brands” instead. Some “side” affects were aching or lethargic muscles (though not the jaw), sleepiness and a zombie like daily experience. The symptoms did get better after a little time, but they did not disappear until I stopped taking them (I sure was glad to stop taking them). I may not have given them enough time to “work” as they do deal with brain processes; but for me the depression was easier to cope with than the “side affects” (almost comforting in a way, if you can understand that). I wish you the best, truly, and I do hope the Prozac can offer you some positive achievement. I’m sure these types of drugs work for some and not work for others. But do be careful. Anytime one messes with brain function, all kinds of possibilities are “wide open”.

(strange, this post is too personal, yet i still post it, ha)
Old 09-12-2006, 03:52 PM
~Jay~

I've not had any experience of taking anything like this, but I have to say I'm much like Blair in that I mistrust the medical community. I do believe there are times when you have to go down that route though - it's a tough call knowing what to do for the best at times!

The only thing I have tried for depression (which was fairly mild with me) is St. John's Wort. It's a natural remedy which has mixed reviews, but it really helped me!
Old 13-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Rozi

Ive recentley become ill with panic attacks and when i went to the Drs a couple of days ago he gave me a perscription for Fluxotine. I dont want to take them, thats my personal choice, and im not depressed i just have a panic disorder, anyway my point is i would try and use other ways to help with everything youre going through i know its hard, believe me! I would suggest you get i touch with youre angels, they wont us to be peacfull and happy all you have to do is ask, when you begin to feel down, talk to them as if their there, just tell them what you want not how you want them to do it! Ask them drectly dont beat about the bush and say what you want quite strongly eg: Angels take away my pain or fear whatever it is i promise if you believe it will help! I learnt this all from a Doreen Virtue book called Angel Medicine try and get hold of a copy!

Give it a try whats the worst that can happen?

Hope this has helped!

God bless!! xx xx
Old 13-12-2006, 11:09 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozi
Ive recentley become ill with panic attacks and when i went to the Drs a couple of days ago he gave me a perscription for Fluxotine. I dont want to take them, thats my personal choice, and im not depressed i just have a panic disorder, anyway my point is i would try and use other ways to help with everything youre going through i know its hard, believe me! I would suggest you get i touch with youre angels, they wont us to be peacfull and happy all you have to do is ask, when you begin to feel down, talk to them as if their there, just tell them what you want not how you want them to do it! Ask them drectly dont beat about the bush and say what you want quite strongly eg: Angels take away my pain or fear whatever it is i promise if you believe it will help! I learnt this all from a Doreen Virtue book called Angel Medicine try and get hold of a copy!

Give it a try whats the worst that can happen?

Hope this has helped!

God bless!! xx xx

Hi Rozi, have you considered practicing breathing exercises every day for help in controlling your panic attacks? A ten minute breathing exercise every day may help you to feel calmer and will also help to clean your lungs of any toxins...

Kundalini.
Old 21-12-2006, 05:40 PM
developing1

Exclamation

I too have taken this, infact i'm going to the doctor 2moro to ask to be put back on it as i'm under alot of pressure and am fed up of feeling down all the time, it does help and i don't believe it interferes with ur mediumship/spirituality

best wishes

developing1
Old 22-02-2007, 11:27 AM
developing1

hi,

just a quick update, in the end i decided not to get these tablets from the doctor, as i realised that taking them i would only be metorphoricaly "putting a plaster over the wound" instead of healing the wound,

what i'm saying is that we all have the power to look inside ourselves and get to the root of the problem and sort it out ourselves without taking the temporary route of putting chemicals into our bodies to temporarily resolve the situation,

the problem would still be there when the medication is stopped, its best to sort it out ourselves

just my thoughts

developing1
Old 22-02-2007, 07:20 PM
ljepotica

Hello LM,

I have never taken anything for the depression that I've gone through and there were times that my friends were so worried about me that they suggested that I go see a Counsellor-ok I was a bit stupid then as I didn't go and see a Counsellor!?!?

I agree with Blair and Jaycee in that I also mistrust the medical community.

I'm not suggesting that anyone follow my example but the thing that has helped me immensely is that when I've been under a lot of depression-I just let it be and let it go...I also accept that I am under a lot of pressure. I've always been too
lazy to go to a doctors for any mental conditions that I might have.

I just don't like the idea of using chemicals to help me out and as developing1 says the problem will come back after the medication is finished.

I dunno prehaps I'm no help but I've been the type of person who worries about something and then just "forgets" the worrying-I do manage to deal with my problems as I'm a self-aware and self-analysing person and of course it's hard to do some internal work but on the other hand when you do internal work you come out with permanent solutions and are far better equiped to deal with any problems or issues that arise in the future...

Good luck and I hope that you manage to sort out what you need to sort out!

Take care and lots of love,

S xxxx
Old 22-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Moonflower

Hi Developing1

Glad to hear you have decided to heal yourself from within without the use of medication however if you did decide you needed a little help you can always try St Johns Wort you would need to take them for around a month before you notice the effect,they are completely natural from a little yellow flower that work by increasing the serotonin levels in the brain that are often low during a deppressive illness.

Love & Light Moonflower x
Old 22-02-2007, 08:03 PM
celtic_cutty

years ago I was suffering real bad with depression..so the doctor put me on prozac..bad news for me..I felt achy and attempted suicide..the prozac made me worse..thankfully I came off it and went onto St Johns Wort...after a few weeks suddenly my condition improved...I began to meditate and got over it...I do hope you find this of help also I know a lot of people including close family members of mine had the same problem with prozac..lots of love x
Closed Thread