Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 18-05-2019, 07:14 PM
Knower

A question about uploading images.

I've had a bit of trouble in the past when it comes to posting images on this site. I'm under the impression that the only way to effectively post images of my crystals is to become a member of an image-hosting site such as DeviantArt or some such. Am I right about this or is there a more (perhaps) technical method of uploading an image to this site. I've been puzzled by this for a while but I'd be grateful if someone could put me clear on this subject.
Old 18-05-2019, 10:13 PM
Knower
I've been wondering the same thing. I tried to post a funny GIF of Ivar The Boneless a few days ago, but I could only post a link to the image.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 19-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Master
There likely is info on this in the "Help" section of the forum.
I usually use Tinypic. You cannot directly upload from your PC so you have to go through another website that you can upload to if the picture is on your PC.
Old 19-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
There likely is info on this in the "Help" section of the forum.
I usually use Tinypic. You cannot directly upload from your PC so you have to go through another website that you can upload to if the picture is on your PC.

Do they require an email address?

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 19-05-2019, 07:49 PM
Knower

OK thanks for the reply. I'll read the 'help' section again but it may come to it that I'll have to use a website and provide a link to this site, it seems this would be easier.
Old 19-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Master
I don't understand what your problem is?
All you need is a picture online, so the picture NOT a website URL. A picture address ends typically in .jpg
You copy that entire link and paste it here in between tags, then it looks like that [img]yourpicturename.jpg[/img]
These tags can also be obtained by clicking the square yellow image piccie in your type field. That opens a window, you paste your image link there, done.
Sites like Tinypic provide the link from the image WITH those tags, as do most sites that host pictures. So all you have to do after you've uploaded your picture to the site is copy that link and paste it here.
Old 19-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Knower
Quote:
I don't understand what your problem is?
All you need is a picture online, so the picture NOT a website URL. A picture address ends typically in .jpg
You copy that entire link and paste it here in between tags, then it looks like that [img]yourpicturename.jpg[/img]
These tags can also be obtained by clicking the square yellow image piccie in your type field. That opens a window, you paste your image link there, done.
Sites like Tinypic provide the link from the image WITH those tags, as do most sites that host pictures. So all you have to do after you've uploaded your picture to the site is copy that link and paste it here.

But the image has to be online, yes? Rather than uploading a image directly to this website, one must go and make an account on a totally different website?

Old 20-05-2019, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by edithaint
But the image has to be online, yes? Rather than uploading a image directly to this website, one must go and make an account on a totally different website?
Yes, that's what I said in my first post, hihi. And you don't always need an account. Tinypic doesn't require that. Just check out the advise given.
Old 20-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Knower
Quote:
Yes, that's what I said in my first post, hihi. And you don't always need an account. Tinypic doesn't require that. Just check out the advise given.

That's why I asked if they require an email address. -_- I ain't even gonna waste my time checking out a website unless I know it might be worth it, because quite a few websites (like DeviantArt) don't allow accounts with my email provider. But any website that doesn't require an account is fine by me.