Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 03-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Newbie ;)

independent body movement

hello :)

I wonder if anyone has ever experienced their body move by itself? Whenever I meditated, I always wanted to focus on my breathing but my body started moving as though it were trying to release muscle tension? I felt some tingling but also warmth and cold sensations going up and down my spine... not sure what it means.

I'm still struggling with fear and resentment, which doesn't allow me to fully understand what's going on since I can't tell whether it's a good thing or not.

thanks, blessings.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Newbie ;)

There is a type of meditation known as "Bodyscan" meditation.

It teaches you to basically "Breathe into" tense parts of your body, It's basically a form of mindfulness (I'm only a very keen amateur so I'm not an expert by any means)

Perhaps your body isn't quite comfortable ? It's quite distracting when you need to fidget etc so I do know your pain with this
Old 04-05-2019, 03:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemeral.

I wonder if anyone has ever experienced their body move by itself? Whenever I meditated, I always wanted to focus on my breathing but my body started moving as though it were trying to release muscle tension? I felt some tingling but also warmth and cold sensations going up and down my spine... not sure what it means.

I'm still struggling with fear and resentment, which doesn't allow me to fully understand what's going on since I can't tell whether it's a good thing or not.

thanks, blessings.

I have some experience with this... IMO you are feeling the 'connection' to physical reality. From what I gather, if you learned enough about it (and there is much more than you've begun to see) you would have some kind of control over the physical world... for example the miracles of christ or various things eastern masters were able to attain. And all sorts of other stuff not commonly known. But such is an arduous path as most people just want to randomly respond to feelings, not try to interact with them... if you went down that path and talked of it you'd have people coming out of the woodwork to tell you you were wrong and here is why... and outside maybe eastern mysticism there isn't a lot of guidance for the path... not in the way people define guidance anyway.

coincidentally the fear/resentment actually helps because it forces you NOT to relax the way everyone else is doing. while connecting you in other ways...

btw the longer you can put off answering the question 'is it good or is it bad' the better it will be for you. Because assuming you know the answer before you have the data is the surest way to begin to excuse avoiding the data that would change the answer.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Master
Yes, this can happen. You don't have to be scared of this..
Old 04-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronOswaldEdwards
There is a type of meditation known as "Bodyscan" meditation.

It teaches you to basically "Breathe into" tense parts of your body, It's basically a form of mindfulness (I'm only a very keen amateur so I'm not an expert by any means)

Perhaps your body isn't quite comfortable ? It's quite distracting when you need to fidget etc so I do know your pain with this

Uhm, interesting. I didn't know that was a thing - sort of realized I was able to do so by myself about a year ago, but I've never been able to get rid of the feeling of being out of place, so I can never fully relax and work with it.
I would say my body is simply trying to readjust itself into the best it can be, but it's hard to tell at this point. Also, sometimes I feel like I can't think because my body always wants to do something else haha

thanks for your reply :)
Old 04-05-2019, 05:47 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I have some experience with this... IMO you are feeling the 'connection' to physical reality. From what I gather, if you learned enough about it (and there is much more than you've begun to see) you would have some kind of control over the physical world... for example the miracles of christ or various things eastern masters were able to attain. And all sorts of other stuff not commonly known. But such is an arduous path as most people just want to randomly respond to feelings, not try to interact with them... if you went down that path and talked of it you'd have people coming out of the woodwork to tell you you were wrong and here is why... and outside maybe eastern mysticism there isn't a lot of guidance for the path... not in the way people define guidance anyway.

coincidentally the fear/resentment actually helps because it forces you NOT to relax the way everyone else is doing. while connecting you in other ways...

btw the longer you can put off answering the question 'is it good or is it bad' the better it will be for you. Because assuming you know the answer before you have the data is the surest way to begin to excuse avoiding the data that would change the answer.

I've tried talking with spiritual guides for years, but those I've managed to find never seemed to be on the same page. I am grateful for them crossing paths with me, but as I fail to find the correct guidance, I always feel out of place and that doesn't allow me to focus on what could be an ability of mine and thus develop whatever it is.

Fear and self-doubt only made me 'dislocate' my right arm and my jaw, though. I guess that's what it takes to find out what I could be able to do...

Also, I moved into my grandfather's house about 2 years ago and I've noticed changes ever since. We are 4 people currently living with him and I can't help but feel negative vibes... Most of the time it's hard to tell which are my memories and which are theirs'.

The struggle of being the weakest of the pack...

Anyway, thanks for your reply!
Old 04-05-2019, 05:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather
Yes, this can happen. You don't have to be scared of this..

Thank you. Blessings.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you. Blessings.
Thanks. =)
And you don't have to battle that fear and resentment, acknowledge them so they can be transformed..
Old 04-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Master

Quote:

thanks, blessings.

These are called kriyas (kriya meaning action). Kriyas are involuntary movements that can occur during or outside meditation in the process of a spiritual awakening. The movements called kriyas can include the following:
  • Quivering.
  • Trembling.
  • Twitching.
  • Small or massive jerks.
  • Graceful movements of hands or other body parts.
  • Swaying.
  • Grimacing.
  • Dance-like movements.

Kriyas are sometimes confused with some kind of kundalini awakening, but it may simply be the body releasing energy blocks.

Peace.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:29 AM
janielee

Thanks iamthat.