Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-10-2010, 06:21 PM
cheeky_monkey

Do you think there is a heaven?

Do you think there is a heaven? A place where people who have been persecuted, tortured, victimised etc can go and heal in a land where they can live the lives they dreamed of on earth?

I don't mean to do the poor me but I've been feeling very victimised. People seem to laugh at me when i haven't even opened my mouth. They try to make me feel inadequate, like I'm bad or not quite good enough. I don't know what I did so bad to deserve this treatment. I know others have gone through far worse and I pray that there is a place they can be themselves and heal.

I recently had an interview, was told the hours were 8am-9pm mon-fri but when i got to the interview they added that it would also be weekend working starting at 8am both days. Well i wouldn't have applied for the job had i known, i never claimed to be a psychic. I can't get to work that early on the weekend when the buses dont run that early on a sunday. So i continued with the interview despite knowing it was pointless and a business man there was pulling faces at me like a child. He was horrid and very unprofessional. I turned away because he was making me feel really uncomfortable. After the interview i got in the lift and some women about my age got in too. As i got out of the lift they all laughed at me.

Now I had nothing against them and was not trying to antagonise them as they were me. I just wanted to share that story as now i dont ever want to go to an interview again. I think they are so cruel. if someone treated their child that way they would be furious i expect, but they treat a fellow human being like a child they've met in the playground.

I don't see things getting better for me here and would like an end to this all. But I'd like to know from the experienced mediums if it's true that heaven does exist, and that if im worthy i will go there and be at peace with wonderful people who know what kindness actually is.

Sorry to vent again but that interview really emotionally hurt me. I didn't realise business men could be so horrid to someone who has experienced trauma and was only there to be interviewed. i couldn't believe that those women could be so mean as to gang up against me. I've never done that to anyone.
Old 23-10-2010, 02:44 AM
Knower
Yes I do believe there is a heaven and there will be a peace there that cant truly be explained. (I am not a medium) I am sorry you are going through hard times. That does not seem like someone I would want to work for. You went in expecting certain hour’s day that you would work. For them to suddenly just change it is not professional. Know that you are not alone many are going through tough times.

Old 23-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Ivy

There is a heaven within you, right here, right now. It doesnt exist somewhere else...all the angels and stars and beauty is within you. Hasn't it just freed you from a job that wasnt suitable for you? and it has given you a chance to find a quiet space to help deal with the trauma you are carrying. And a voice ion my ear as Im typing is saying 'talk to someone' and showing me that opening up and talking will help you, it says 'how can you know the love thats there if you wont give your friends the chance to show it'.

All the best with it xxx
Old 23-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Greenslade

Hi Cheeky,

By all means vent your spleen if it gets it out of your system a little. And you can forget the question on whether or not you're worthy - everyone is. The Universe doesn't judge.

When you've done venting, take a deep breath and relax a little. OK, a lot :-) It's not a nice experience to go through, and Spiritual or not we're still human so feeling the way you do about it is fine. The question of worthiness isn't one that should be on your mind. From an ex-unemployment worker, the first thing I would ask is that is it the place you would want to work anyway? The hours are pretty rubbish and the people could probably use a lesson or two themselves. If they're doing that to you then you're better out of it, so in that respect maybe they've done you a favour after all. Businessmen/women or not, sometimes people can be pretty damned cruel. Job-ways, things are pretty dire at the moment and I doubt they're going to improve any time soon.

Personally, I tend to treat people as they treat me, and if I had been there then the Universe would have seen a little more balance :-)

First of all, if you wouldn't treat those people the way they treated you then that has to be some points in your favour - that little escapade is a reflection on them in the way they acted towards you, and a reflection on you in the way you didn't take a shotgun to them. If you're trying to get back on your feet after a trauma, are you ready for that or are you running a marathon before you can walk? Not having been there and not knowing you I can only speculate here, but is there an outward effect of your trauma? I don't want the details, but what you have to think about is that if there is some outward sign then perhaps you're not quite ready for the big wide world. If that is the case, then therapy or counselling is worth a thought. There may well be other options to explore.

Spiritually, it's as much a reflection on you the way you handled it. Perhaps your pride wasn't as intact as it could have been, but you showed that under the duress you showed them the respect they should have given you. My hat is off to you on that one. So, when you've done contemplating your worthiness, throw that one into the mix and see that your worthiness doesn't have a question mark after it. That wasn't the place you needed to be - not in that place and certainly not with those people. Go find a place that will treat you with at least some decency and respect and that you'll be comfortable in.

Last edited by Greenslade : 23-10-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 23-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Do you think there is a heaven? A place where people who have been persecuted, tortured, victimised etc can go and heal in a land where they can live the lives they dreamed of on earth?

Yes absolutely.
Old 23-10-2010, 05:02 PM
cheeky_monkey

Hi Nephesh thanks you for your kind words. It seems so silly but I have doubts about the different dimensions out there and which one myself and my family are drifting towards. Thank you again for your reply :)

Hi Heather thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate your advice and will talk thing through with someone if the doctor agrees, thank you. I understand what you mean about the here and now and it's very important to focus on it. It was one of the reasons I began spiralling down. However my experiences give me the impression there could be other dimensions, possibly afterlife dimensions. Whether I'm right or not I don't know. Maybe it is only the here and now. Thank you so much for replying :)

Hi Greenslade, your words of wisdom are really appreciated, thank you for your reply and to answer your question yes the outward effect I suppose is to play the victim and have done since I was 16 and had my accident. I'm so so sorry to burden you all here. I realise now, after going into emotional overdrive that there are people here greiving and I've insulted many members by whinging about trivial things by comparison. Thank you so much for your empathy and reminding with your words how I seem to dramatise. Many thanks for your reply :) and I agree I wasn't suitable for the position advertised. Maybe I should have been more prepared to be flexible with my hours.

Sorry to burden you all, and my apologise for being insensitive and venting here when there are people mourning. I will remind myself in the future to be more careful with my emotional outbursts. Thanks everyone for your compassion and advice :)
Old 23-10-2010, 05:05 PM
cheeky_monkey

Hey Inspirit thank you for your reply. I'm not quite sure but I suppose other people who have had near death experiences etc are testament to something. Thanks again for your reply :)
Old 23-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Enya

Hey Cheeky, don't be so hard on yourself! Everyone has bad days, everyone feels the need to vent and everyone has questions about meaning-full things, so you're not being insensitive, you're simply being human.

Please don't let that experience put you off future interviews. We all have had them at some point in time... I once had to face a panel of about ten people, which had me twisting to and fro in my chair and eventually bursting into tears because I was feeling so vulnerable, so it happens to others too. You kept your cool and didn't rise to perceieved insult, so give yourself a pat on the back.

As for your question... yes, there *is* a heaven. I can give you countless tales of loved ones who go on to create the home they always wanted, meet old friends, find new avenues of growth... but one thing I do know for certain - everyone is met by a loved one, welcomed and healed and helped. Everyone.

Old 23-10-2010, 05:59 PM
cheeky_monkey

Thanks you so much for such a lovely response. I suppose deep down that was what I wanted to hear. I mean about there being a heaven. I have seen phenomena before but have little understanding.

I'm sorry I'm hard on myself but I'm not too proud of my past and I didn't consider those with worse pain than I'm feeling. Thank you so much for being so compassionate.

I've read stories about the being an afterlife and heard other peoples stories. But I suppose I worry because I haven't been the nicest person, where I and my family will go.

Anyway sorry to ramble on

cheeky
Old 23-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey

I don't mean to do the poor me but I've been feeling very victimised. People seem to laugh at me when i haven't even opened my mouth. They try to make me feel inadequate, like I'm bad or not quite good enough. I don't know what I did so bad to deserve this treatment. I know others have gone through far worse and I pray that there is a place they can be themselves and heal.

I recently had an interview, was told the hours were 8am-9pm mon-fri but when i got to the interview they added that it would also be weekend working starting at 8am both days. Well i wouldn't have applied for the job had i known, i never claimed to be a psychic. I can't get to work that early on the weekend when the buses dont run that early on a sunday. So i continued with the interview despite knowing it was pointless and a business man there was pulling faces at me like a child. He was horrid and very unprofessional. I turned away because he was making me feel really uncomfortable. After the interview i got in the lift and some women about my age got in too. As i got out of the lift they all laughed at me.

Now I had nothing against them and was not trying to antagonise them as they were me. I just wanted to share that story as now i dont ever want to go to an interview again. I think they are so cruel. if someone treated their child that way they would be furious i expect, but they treat a fellow human being like a child they've met in the playground.

I don't see things getting better for me here and would like an end to this all. But I'd like to know from the experienced mediums if it's true that heaven does exist, and that if im worthy i will go there and be at peace with wonderful people who know what kindness actually is.

Sorry to vent again but that interview really emotionally hurt me. I didn't realise business men could be so horrid to someone who has experienced trauma and was only there to be interviewed. i couldn't believe that those women could be so mean as to gang up against me. I've never done that to anyone.

this actually touched me oh bless u :( ((((((((((hugs)))))))) , i dop believe that the place we are in is what people would term as hell , heavene i believe is a place we go when we are pass which is just aplace of peace , no hurt or bad the spiirt world is fuill of people who are still the same as they were here on earth but everyone is accepting of eachother and there is no nastiness , its disheartening to think that people can make fun of another but i say when they do this its cos they obvs can sense ur energy and light and are just sad within themsselves xxxxxxxxxx

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”