Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 17-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"Yes, you can connect with anyone at any time. It doesn't even matter if they are incarnated or not - you can still connect with their energy and communicate with the spirit self (or higher self) of the person. There is always a part of us in spirit even when we are in human form."

What would be the form of a connection of this sort? And to what end?

Hi Mac,

In my experience it is exactly the same as connecting with any other spirit and exactly the same kind of communication - simply because you are communicating with that part of the person which is still spirit. I'm not sure about the practical uses of it, or about whether it would be ethical to try to initiate communication with that aspect of someone without asking permission of their physical self. I have only done this with people I was already practicing telepathic communication with, and with their permission. I suppose it would be possible for a reader to connect with the person's spirit self as they might do with a spirit guide, for example, in order to seek guidance for them. I know our guides can and do communicate with this aspect of us as well as with our physical consciousness.
Old 17-01-2012, 02:52 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Hi Mac,

In my experience it is exactly the same as connecting with any other spirit and exactly the same kind of communication - simply because you are communicating with that part of the person which is still spirit. I'm not sure about the practical uses of it, or about whether it would be ethical to try to initiate communication with that aspect of someone without asking permission of their physical self. I have only done this with people I was already practicing telepathic communication with, and with their permission. I suppose it would be possible for a reader to connect with the person's spirit self as they might do with a spirit guide, for example, in order to seek guidance for them. I know our guides can and do communicate with this aspect of us as well as with our physical consciousness.

Thanks but I'm a little puzzled about how one separates the spiritual from the physical mind. How is one confident that there is clear separation when the individual is still incarnate?

Isn't telepathic communication likely to involve, at least in part, the 'incarnate portion' of the mind, rather than solely the discarnate one? That's an issue which can't happen when communicating with a discarnate so it is different from connecting with a wholly non-physical individual.

I can accept that guides may link directly to either our spirit or physical selves (when there is sufficient need) but I'm far from convinced that anything similar occurs on an incarnate to incarnate basis....

I'm trying to get all this clear in my thoughts if you can help me further.

Last edited by mac : 17-01-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 17-01-2012, 02:53 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScorpio
I can connect with anyone. I've done animals too

And what was/were the outcome(s)?
Old 17-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
This is kind of interesting to me because I had an alien extraterrestal being come to me over a year ago and gave me a message but, I didnt understand it.. Well last week I felt guided to go into meditation and ask or call to him- telepathically.. so here was the experience.

I was meditating and for me once connected it looks like im travelling through space.. so im moving forward and the alien's face comes up once I see the alien's face I telepathically asked what was the message and automatically it went into a vision and now I understand. Unfortunately I can't share the message but, I did want to share the experience..

So this lets me know that anyone who has come to me I can connect with them again.. powerful.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

that's really cool Toolite!
i remember you telling me about this on the other thread!
I wish you could share the message....lol
Old 17-01-2012, 04:12 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Hi Mac,

At the risk of repeating a previous (but relevant) thread of mine perhaps the following might now be of interest here?

"Although spiritual guides/teachers will have replied to most issues in the past, this one relates to recent medical developments.

It's now possible to keep the human body functioning when previously death would have been the most likely outcome. In the condition termed 'Persistent Vegetative State' certain badly-affected patients have few, or no, detectable responses – effectively they are unable to be reached. It's been claimed, in the cyber community, there have been times when the spirit of such (still living) individuals has been engaged by a medium, in effect an assertion of contact with the living via mediumship. But no firm evidence has been brought forward and accounts are nothing more than anecdotes thus far.

I have many doubts about the claims made but even if they were substantiated somehow, would it be mediumship? As I see matters it would be telepathy because communication would not be transdimensional - the patient still living in the physical, claims for contact with their spirit being fanciful and unproven. Nonetheless such communication might still be an invaluable way to reach patients trapped by their condition.

comments?"
Old 17-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Master
Mac--

I am always mystified by your approach to "mediumship" --as you seem to be totally closed to almost every method of communication, but you consider yourself a medium. I'm assuming you haven't experienced these things.

Out of curiosity, what forms of communication do you believe in? Or is it that you don't believe other people are mediums (by your definition)?

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 17-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Toolite

I think he is bored with spirituality.. it no longer thrills him and because of that you can feel the energy from his post.. I know he has gifts and can close gaps.. Perhaps its all a mind game which may make it more interesting for him to participate other than that is just the same road and the same information I guess that can get boring.. lol..

In my opinion flesh and our mind is really a coating or a shell.. The soul is what drives life.. In my opinion the soul is seperate from the mind. You can believe something in your mind but, when your mind is challenged on that belief - you may come to terms that you didint believe... When the soul knows no man can change it.. Your soul will stand on it.

Old 17-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena
that's really cool Toolite!
i remember you telling me about this on the other thread!
I wish you could share the message....lol

The reason I didnt share it is because the alien was transparent.. transparent when he first visited me and when I found him.. In my spiritually teaching when they are transparent they are broken or dont have access to full truth so you have to take their word as a grain of salt.. now although he touched on points that I've been told but, gave me an ending and My Father God never gives me a ending only direction one should take..

Old 17-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
now although he touched on points that I've been told but, gave me an ending and My Father God never gives me a ending only direction one should take..

Toolite--

Yes, I just discussed my suspicions about this in another thread about an "Arcturian" encounter. When the "answers" come too quickly, too completely...I begin to doubt them. My guides never give me full and complete answers! They make me work for it!

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 17-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Toolite

[quote=IsleWalker][quote=Toolite]now although he touched on points that I've been told but, gave me an ending and My Father God never gives me a ending only direction one should take..
Quote:

Toolite--

Yes, I just discussed my suspicions about this in another thread about an "Arcturian" encounter. When the "answers" come too quickly, too completely...I begin to doubt them. My guides never give me full and complete answers! They make me work for it!

IsleWalker - Lora

Yeah I agree with that.. I think I just cant make his words black and white but, I heard him.