Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 01-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Very useful info. from an active medium about how to handle this.

Yes, indeed.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Amethyst

Thank you everyone for all your replies – very much appreciated. Working my way down the responses . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
You might want to vet these contacts first. The stalled spirits are fond of impersonating deceased ones. Great fun for them, but not ethical.

Hi Mattie

Thank you for your contribution.

I see you often referring to your vetting post.

Highlighting the fact that these types of entities do exist I’m sure has empowered many.

Some species can be highly intelligent and manipulative - not all of them 'stalled'.

HOW to identify these beings is beneficial – the sort of messages that should trigger alarm bells such as divulging information that is to be kept a “secret.”

Before the crash there was a sticky post – from Matt (Devolution) if I recall correctly – outlining Guidelines on Discernment, New Realities Magazine, 1987, about the type of messages to look out for.

I thought this excellent information as it may help others to nip in the bud such communications – before a regular line of exchange is forged.

Because then it is not so simple to ‘order’ that they ‘scram’ and that they have to ‘obey’. They have FREE WILL too.

I once experienced a game with the ‘trickster’ entities so I’m aware what those ones FEEL like – a gnawing in the pit of the stomach, something not quite right.

They can reel you in by giving messages that speak of love, reveal truths yet their agenda, which can be cleverly disguised, is spiteful and cruel.

Were I to focus on it, I could still hear them now.

And though I have no desire to communicate with them again, I acknowledge and respect them for their intelligence. These types remind me of a patient great white shark circling its prey, lingering in those lower depths of vibration, anticipating and calculating. Very unpleasant to experience but great discernment lesson.

It made me sad at the time to learn of others who had been sectioned for ‘hearing voices’ after believing they were communicating with a spirit guide for example, to then discover that they had been fooled but the connection so strong that they were unable to block out ‘the voices’.

Keep up the good work directing people to your post – the ripple effect could save someone from possible pain and harm.

Many blessings, Amethyst x

Last edited by Amethyst : 01-12-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
BE SILENT
It's under ethics and professionalism of being a medium.
You do not have the person's consent to receive personal information about them.
If the person next to me on an airplane began talking about say.... my abortion, lost cat, or dead mother, I would find another seat. How dare they!
Do you go around peeping into people's windows?
It's the same invasion of privacy if you do not have their consent.
HOWEVER, if you get a chatting and they seem receptive about psychic or mediumistic messages, then you must ask their permission. If you get it, then talk away.

There is a time and place for this work, and standing in the queau at a store is not the time or place.

Albeit there could be genuine emergencies - you see a distraught person walking down the street and a spirit who loves them following them....then play it by ear, but mostly NO - BE SILENT and tell pop in messages to come to you during your 'office hours'

Hi MMM & Skye

Thank you for your views.

I would find another seat on that aeroplane too!

Maybe even board another flight if . . .

Someone started reading me, just because they could to demonstrate their personal abilities – that would be well intrusive and unwelcome.

I thought it might make an interesting discussion to hear actual experiences of how to manage a message that a deceased loved one wishes to impart to a recipient who has not directly asked for such a thing.

I like the common approach expressed by many here of how you would handle this scenario, if act upon it at all.

Thanks again for your input.

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 01-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
It totally depends on the recipient. If they know your mediumistic and are ok with it then go ahead and give, however, the majority wont be, or wont know so keep quiet about it.

The other thing you will get is friends who constant think they can have free readings, and sometimes its about extemely trival things - like should I buy a knew scarf. In the end you have to put your foot down and say no.

Thank you, Serenity Bear.

Wise words - makes perfect sense.

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 01-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
My mentor told me that I had a moral obligation to pass on messages. She kinda changed her mind when I started spouting rubbish probably passed on by entities (she never had this problem herself).

If it's coming from a higher intelligence rather than a deceased relative, I'd say it still holds true.

Hi Aquarian,

Thanks for joining in.

Has the ‘sprouting’ stopped, now!?

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 01-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst
If someone requests a reading, I am guessing that they might not get who they wish to speak to. If the intentions of the medium are only to bring through messages from loved ones – do our spirit guides act as bouncers – and only allow those through who we have fond memories of? Would they allow someone through who might cause distress to the sitter?
A medium can never guarantee who will come thru for a sitter, which is why someone who is set on getting a particular person may be disappointed; there are many reasons why a person in spirit may not come thru.

No, our guides don't act as bouncers. As an example, I got a friend's father through recently. Although he wanted to talk to her, she didn't want to speak to him unless he gave her an apology for something he'd done while alive. I had to tell him to leave, lol. I have had one or two deceased come thru who have unfinished business with the sitter, but if the sitter won't accept them, they have to go. The opportunity for fogiveness and healing has to be given, sometimes.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Administrator
Hello

I back that statement up there is no way to know for sure whom is requested will be the one to come in or even will come in. There are so many reasons WHY a spirit might not choose to come in ( as I feel its choice ) many times its simply that YOUR a stranger. We are progamed to be wary of people we do not know.

LOL I had this one man come in and say "I will not talk to you as I do not beleive in one's like you, never have and never will" . I was given his picture to bring in a message from him to a clien. When I told her that she goes OMG ye are so bang on that is so my Dad and she was blessed by that simple message. Knew he was OK.

When me Dad passed away when I was 25 I never had contact from him til me Son at 2 felt his pressence. Part might have been that I was NOT ready to embrace fully him being gone. I was planning a wedding....and he was suddenly GONE. NOW he is around all the time in and out.

For me I am blessed that I can SEE spirit at times as well as I can the living so I am able to give one's a visual discription too that really helps, or I am told of identifying marks ( or BLUSH ) shown them at times. Some put earings or tatoos in some very strange places.

I am always wary too on what to share and what not to share at times there are family secrets that are best left as that. Like one I had where a Mother came in to tell me that the Father her child has IS NOT her Father. To pass that one would be cruel as there was a good family bond. At times it a how would I feel that governs what is shared and what is not shared.

I personally walk in TRUST that what I have to share is for someone's higest and greatest good and that the message wil do NO harm in being passed along. There are times when I go to find out something for someone and there be a door there and a key wil hang by that door. I know that the key will open the door but at times that key is HOT to the touch, so I know that what is there might be best left there. Family secrets at times are best kept that way.

Its a fine line that a GOOD Medium works along....I have seen many BAD one's that just blurt out a message in an audiance and not stop if the person breaks down into tears. If I feel that strong emotion with the one I am reading for I will see them after in private. That is so embraced.

One I was at he blurted out man your Husband sure used you as a punching bag, but he is here to say sorry and ask to be forgiven as he did LOVe you. I was outraged this ladies biggest fear was having to see him again....when she went.

We are all different too in the path our Medium ways take us. I walk equal in both paths Medium and Psychic embracing fully they are TWO different gifts.....

I have choosen to give of me to those that maybe can not affort but do deserve...

"Teach Your Children Well" is the song on.....wise words.

Lynn
Old 02-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
A few months ago one of the girls I work with but at the time didn't know that well had come to the store to do some shopping, I was busy I remember but I remember seeing her with her kids, one in the cart and another in the baby seat, both boys. As time went on, she would come in on her days off and would only have the older boy and I was confused because I never saw the baby. Not talking to her alot, i just thought he was at home or what ever, with dad. Then the oldest had his birthday. I kept wondering. I never said anything......but I kept feeling there was another one. This was over a period of about 3 months. I went into work today and she and I were talking, she was waiting to hear back from the doctor because she was pregnant but didn't know how far along she was and she and her hubby thought it was a couple of months! I told her what I saw back when, and I said I feel that it's a boy. She was really interested in what I had to say and that I was the only one that said so far it was a boy.

Boy (LOL) that was an experience.

Thanks for sharing, earthprowler – very interesting.

How is it going with setting yourself up to give readings?

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 02-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

As a Medium I really keep MUCH of that information to me.....unless I can find a really round about way to start talking aobut GENERAL Mediumship in a conversation. I have many that contact me JUST becasue I can see and hear them in Spirit what is shared is for me to listen to and then that be that I feel. At times I will put a message on here as I have been asked by Spirit to reach out BUT I never would put names or dates its very general then if it rings to someone I will go to more details with them.

Its a fine line of trust and respects we walk in and most of that is in knowing that we are blessed to have these ablilites but with them comes a TON of responsibilites. I can "cold read" most anyone but I so do not go around doing that, I can see LOVed one's that have passed with strangers on the street but I do not go an tap the shoulder and say by the way Dad says.....to ye.

Much is very deeply personal and not all buy into Spirits. I know for me mate he knows and embraces what I do but SO does not want to talk about whom or what is with me....or the cases I am in. Unless he hear's something I say in the night then he will tell me and say its YOURS now. I respect that.

I had the misfortune to SEE a plane crash involving "Family" on it and I did speak about it BUT the event still came to pass....and life was lost. NOW why was I shown it, if I could not change it ? As one did not choose to beleive in the infromation passed on. The path was set. I learned then to keep me closed to sharing.

I have met people and I have KNOWN that its the only time I will meet them but I do not know when and how they will be gone so I keep that with me. Knowing always paths have forks in the road that can change event.s

It becomes in time KNOWING when its ok its a vibrational feeling one has....but that takes a lot of self trust and understandings.

The very first time I atteneded the Spritual Society I belong to this woman's Mom came for the walk home with me. We had a good chat ( she is in Spirit ) and there as a lot of GOOD information to help her Daughter along her life's path. BUT I did not know this woman, and I did not know HOW she would take the information. I asked a friend of her's I did know to breach it with her and if she wanted to talk to me that door was open. This woman was so happy to talk with me.....but I did not just blurt it out. Ask first do I have permissions to approach you with a message and it its yes then take it slow if its not respect that.

Lynn

Hi Lynn

Thank you for sharing some of your experiences.

You must have a million tales the way you see spirit! The way you describe the lady’s mum walking home with you really makes me smile.

That’s exactly the sort of situation I was wondering about. Being of service to spirit, acknowledging their wish to relay a message to a loved one and I respect the considerate way you went about gently making it known that there was some information via a third party, should the lady be open to receive.

How wonderful that she was.

As well as spirit, do you see THINGS externally? Odd things when a spirit is with you – like looking through their eyes at the things they are showing but they actually appear to be externally manifest?

When my partner’s deceased dad came through, on our washing line I saw children’s paintings hanging on pegs for example. And this is soooo bizarre – but as I looked at my partner I couldn’t stop giggling because his ears had turned into Spock ears – his dad loved Star Trek apparently. I don’t understand HOW that happened and it’s only happened once, seeing things that way. I totally loved every moment.

So sorry about the plane crash – must have been a challenge to ignore that and sad when it came to pass.

When you see something like that, do you feel that spirit are showing you, or that you found it - even if you weren’t actively searching for anything – like your consciousness is kind of ‘roaming’ the universe and viewed another timeline?

Had this future event already happened or could it have been prevented?

Not sure if I explained that very well!

Thank you again, Lynn – really enjoyed your post.

Much appreciation, Amethyst x
Old 02-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Amethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
A medium can never guarantee who will come thru for a sitter, which is why someone who is set on getting a particular person may be disappointed; there are many reasons why a person in spirit may not come thru.

No, our guides don't act as bouncers. As an example, I got a friend's father through recently. Although he wanted to talk to her, she didn't want to speak to him unless he gave her an apology for something he'd done while alive. I had to tell him to leave, lol. I have had one or two deceased come thru who have unfinished business with the sitter, but if the sitter won't accept them, they have to go. The opportunity for fogiveness and healing has to be given, sometimes.

Hi Enya

Thank you for clarifying that.

What expectations some sitters must have!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Amethyst x