Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 11-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Angels3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Interesting article, ‘The Myth of the Million Dollar Challenge’ about Randi’s offer from a non-Randi POV.

http://dailygrail.com/features/the-m...llar-challenge

More on how Randi's challenge isn't an honest one.

http://torbjornsassersson.wordpress....allenge-fraud/

http://www.crypto.com/blog/psychic_cryptanalysis/

http://www.martialdevelopment.com/bl...dollar-hustle/

Randi is evasive when his challenge is taken about homeopathy effectiveness.

http://www.vithoulkas.com/en/researc...ial-randi.html

I knew there had to be more to it then just a few simple tests! Great articles. I find it sad how someone can spend their whole life trying to prove to themselves (since it seems not many people are affiliated with his foundation) something wrong. I guess the millions of people who have done and have received accurate readings are just making it up ..
Old 11-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Medium_Laura

yep, no matter what, we're not real. :P
Old 12-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Ascender

Those people who spend their whole lives trying to disprove something need to get a life. Aghhh closed minded individuals make me so Really though, people can't ask for things on the spot, it's hard at times because things will come up at random times, at least that's the case for me.
Old 14-08-2011, 08:11 PM
spirit72

I don't care any more, I do what I do and I do it well, it was a gift from above to help those whose time it is to receive it, that's all I need to know... Others that try to call me a fraud I just put down as not ripe for a spiritual revaluation, with a young soul and totally ignorant to others... they will never disprove something so pure!
Then I forgive them as at some point we have all been there in one life or another:O)
Old 14-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Ascender

But aren't those with a young soul most likely to accept such phenomena?
Old 14-08-2011, 08:43 PM
spirit72

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
But aren't those with a young soul most likely to accept such phenomena?

Not in my experience, there interested, but soon become board and would rather disprove rather than improve, but that's fine... of course there are always exceptions to the rule, nothing is ever set in stone, just purely what I have come across nothing more nothing less
Old 14-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Ascender

Hmmm it does make sense, perhaps it's best to tell these things to a child who have not found out what is true/false, right/wrong, etc.
Old 14-08-2011, 09:34 PM
spirit72

Wink

Trust me you would no a child that was a medium, as I do believe they are born not made. It is how a parent approaches the subject with the child that can kill or cure. My parents new something was different about me, but never pushed me one way or the other, but as my Mum often says when an adult goes to a child for advice, the soul age is apparent, and that's what happened to me. Young souls are curious but mainstream old souls are curious and extreme LOL
Old 20-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Light Earth

John...

John....

I followed the link to your external blog and read about your experience that you title 'spirit deception'. I am so sorry to hear about what happened but know you feel that rich lessons and experiences have occurred as a result. You certainly have been very brave and strong to face such an trial and access a deeper wisdom to learn from this.

What I wondered is, you say that whilst you were following the advice of your higher self and guides, you felt intuitively that it was not right for you...

Is what you describe a dissonance between your higher self and your intuition? In your experience are these two separate? For me, my intuition is part and parcel of my higher self and my guide & helpers' gentle guidance. Things just feel so right.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

LE x
Old 20-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Master
Hi,

When I was following the advice of my higher self and my guides I felt that they were directing me to where I needed to go, however the intuitive sense that I had was that the outcome potentials, as they were outlined for me, would not unfold as described.

That is why my thread has the title "Spiritual Deception".

True love will always bring you what is best. From a human perception, much of what is best for us is not logically acceptable to us. We have a biased 3D perspective of reality. We also have a divine nature that is ever present with us.

In my experience, we are all multidimensional and multifaceted beings. Most of the time our higher self will speak to us via our intuition as will our guides and spiritual helpers. I have a very refines sense of things. I have used my psychic skills for as long as I can remember. In this case, I just knew the stories I was hearing would not unfold as they were expressed to me, however I also felt that higher wisdom and love were in the works for me. That is the real reason, the only reason, that I followed my guidance.

BTW I was told at a later time that I am "much more powerful than I realize". Still for a time after everything fell apart, I felt as if I had lost my best friend (higher self). You could see it on my face if you looked.

I have many stories in that blog area that reflect how dedicated and profoundly I have learned to work with my spiritual essence, life plan, etc... So the set up for this particular story may best be explained by what proceeded it.

I am not really so brave as I am a realistic guy. You either deal with what life brings you or it will truly mess you up. To me that is an easy choice.

I am pleased to know you evaluated this story.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/