Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
well this is a very biased reading. for a start the rustic depiction of life would be true for any society back then outside the intellectual centres, and people of intelligence are spread pretty evenly. I think Jesus did prefer those who had some understanding, but didn't care about sophistication in his audience. that shows wisdom

I don't personally find this biased, not at all. It seems to me to be a reflection of the state of things. The question however remains; what did those people living in all the civilisations before Jesus do to ensure themselves a place in the Kingdom of Heaven of which they knew nothing?
You seem to be of the opinion that Jesus (Jesus did prefer) knew beforehand of the place he would be born into. Obviously if he were indeed the Son of God this knowledge would be present. So it wouldn't only have been his wisdom but his father's too.

In these days of 'me too', so prevalent in westen society one is of course allowed to ask whether god actually asked Jesus's mother permission before he impregnated her. Or was it just a further case of divine abuse...
Old 18-11-2018, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, let's see...my middle name is 'test things for yourself".
That's why I am no longer a Christian...if following the Nicene Council's definition....don't even believe
in that Garden Fall story, orig sin....and on it goes....I think I'm a testing kinda person.
I also research everything I can get my hands on of Jesus' messages from the Other Side....so, there Mr. Newbie.
I hold Jesus in too high a regard to open something obviously negative about him, like calling him something worse than a madman.

Thank you very much.

But, pls, carry on...have fun.

Well put, Miss Hepburn.
Old 18-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Knower

I don't believe Jesus ever claimed to be God. That is what other people mistakenly said about him. They tried to make him special. He didn't want to be seen as being above us, he wanted to raise us up to his level. That's why he said, "look at what I can do, these things and more shall you also do". He wasn't the only one in the bible to heal people, raise the dead, walk on water, or rid people of demons.

Jesus said, "the father and I are One", not "I am the father". There's a difference. He also said he was One with his brothers when he said "so long as you've done it to the least of here my brethren, so too have you done it unto me". In other words, we are all One with each other and with God. That was his message.

I think of God as being like a completed jigsaw puzzle and we're all a piece of the puzzle that makes up God. We are not the completed puzzle, but we are a part of that puzzle and God would not be whole without us. We are a part of the whole.
Old 19-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Deactivated Account

I believe Jesus and Christ are two separate beings (one human and one divine) but more or less became one.
Old 19-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
I believe Jesus and Christ are two separate beings (one human and one divine) but more or less became one.

Yes. A lot of people believe that idiotic gibberish without being able to explain it.

They can never explain how the original family trinity lost the female in Christianity.

Misogyny seems to explain it all.

Regards
DL
Old 19-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
I don't believe Jesus ever claimed to be God. That is what other people mistakenly said about him. They tried to make him special. He didn't want to be seen as being above us, he wanted to raise us up to his level. That's why he said, "look at what I can do, these things and more shall you also do". He wasn't the only one in the bible to heal people, raise the dead, walk on water, or rid people of demons.

Jesus said, "the father and I are One", not "I am the father". There's a difference. He also said he was One with his brothers when he said "so long as you've done it to the least of here my brethren, so too have you done it unto me". In other words, we are all One with each other and with God. That was his message.

I think of God as being like a completed jigsaw puzzle and we're all a piece of the puzzle that makes up God. We are not the completed puzzle, but we are a part of that puzzle and God would not be whole without us. We are a part of the whole.

Careful my friend. You are thinking like a Gnostic Christian and the inquisitors will come after you.

You are correct that there is a spark of God within you. I hope you find it.

Follow Jesus as your mantra and meditate. When you reach apotheosis you will know why we name our God I am.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRN...layer_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
Old 19-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Jesus was God but when he was born into this world be became human as well. He was born without sin but with human limitations, such as the need to learn.

And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.
Luke 2:52 ESV

He never ceased to be God but he temporarily set aside his exercise of his divine attributes.

Self caused amnesia.

Get the biblical quote for that idiocy.

Regards
DL
Old 19-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
some want to believe that Jesus when praying, prayed to himself , (the Father). believing that Jesus was the Son on Earth, but the Father in Heaven... at the same time, makes no sense. because as you stated at that time Jesus didn't know, when the End would come ,(Mark 13:32). but Jesus is seen as a God ,(Isa. 9:6 "The mighty God, The everlasting Father). here is where MANY believe Jesus is the God of Israel...Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3 (kjv) "and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them"). MANY don't understand what it meant here, concerning god, there are MANY.

some on earth are gods to others, material things can be someone's god. whatever someone seem to worship ,(not actually praying to it), it can be their god, (1 Cor. 8:5). satan is also called a god, because some do actually worship him. he's know from the bible as the "god of this world", (2Cor. 4:4). but of ALL human gods, Jesus really could be called a god. because he did what NO other human could do, which was to save mankind. as for "everlasting father", Adam was our first father. but his sin as a human brought on sin to ALL mankind, (Rom.5:12 -Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned).

NO other imperfect human could save mankind. it took another perfect human to remove our sins or redo what Adam did to us, which was to bring on death. Jesus was that perfect man ,(1Cor. 15:22). Jesus, being called Adam, gave us life. so if Adam was our first father, Jesus became the "everlasting father". he was the ONLY who could save us. ,(1Cor. 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit). still he wasn't as you showed the Almighty God. Jesus proved that when he said at ,(John 3:16 "for God so love the world, that he gave his only begotten Son"). he couldn't have been ANY CLEARER, of this message. MANY can repeat it, but still refuse to BELIEVE the man they claim to follow. peace

Do you think a perfect Jewish Rabbi who said he came to fulfil the law would break it?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

If those show a moral and just form of justice, why would you think Jesus would teach and preach the opposite?

Regards
DL
Old 19-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Come along now GCB surely wanted a reaction to see what would happen!
I don't really need to read that link because it assumes all of Jesus's teachings emerged from the early church completely intact and bases it on that. i just think some things were swayed by the various factions of the church.
On divorce, i have no idea but suspect Jesus viewed things that relationships should be like in heaven and probably would have supported someone running off from a bad one but not the formal concept of divorce as its a thing of this world, i mean i bet he had a few followers who left their partners to follow him.
your other question i dont know what that means exactly!

It is impossible to have the same laws in heaven as here.

All thinkers know that.

Regards
DL
Old 20-11-2018, 11:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop
It is impossible to have the same laws in heaven as here.

All thinkers know that.

Regards
DL

that sounds rather pessimistic, i want to be inspired by something better than here