Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Sorry I am late in answering this but finally found time to come in and take a look.

Some interesting answers there.

I sometimes feel that spiritualism is a 'hit or miss' subject that we all have to come to terms with.
Either we are interested or not. I am very interested and have a little pyschic ability. I am not a fully fledged medium,but do receive some information now and again.

This stopped a while ago and have had nothing for a while now.
I was advised through a message to find a trance medium to assist my late husband to come through to me.
Where do I find a trance medium who is willing to do that?
They don't grow on trees!

I have a friend who is trying to help me,by finding a open circle in my area but not getting very far at all.
It is like a closed shop where ever I go.
So am becoming very frustrated with the whole buisness and my confidence is going down the pan.

Anyway,thank you for all the advice and help that has been offered today.
God bless you all.

Deepsea

Sometimes we travel alone.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:23 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

absolutely....know how that works
Old 09-02-2011, 07:08 AM
deepsea

Sometimes I think it is better to travel on our own.
We are the only ones to know what suits us better.
Though a bit of friendly advice never does us any harm,

Deepsea
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Knower

Such a thought provoking thread. I have always knows that I will be one of those who travel along so to speak, I have also been very very fortunate to meet some along the way ( some on this forum too, you know who you are !! ) whose words and actions have inspired me, given me food for thought, comfort and support during tough times.

I have got nowhere with the two nearerst churches to me, on both occasions being told that the development circles were closed, on both occasions feeling ego big time from the words of those I was speaking to. This was just two churches though and as many others have said, not indicative of spritualist churches as a whole.

Chin up Deepsea, many on here who will chat and ponder with you should you need it

Loved the Big G thing Mac !!

Love to all x
Old 09-02-2011, 01:09 PM
StoneAgeQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I'm pleased to learn that your church is so good for you and that egotism isn't a problem.

I'm a little surprised, though, to hear that "....everyone has their own beliefs." I always make the point that Spiritualism requires no belief as it has provided ample evidence (over the years it's been established) of the principles it teaches, its philosophy, the message of survival beyond corporeal death....

Additionally there are the Seven Principles by which the religion of Spiritualism is defined and to which churches and societies forming the SNU all subscribe.

Yes everyone abides by the seven principles of spiritualism, but doing so doesn't exclude personal belief as the principles are open to personal interpretation. For example, I used to have a problem with 'the brotherhood of man and the fatherhood of God', but it's phrased that way because of the time period when it was created. Even the head of our Church prays to the divine mother in our opening prayers. We actually dedicated a whole class to the discussion of the principles recently, and it was interesting to hear about everyone's individual thoughts on each one.

Our church actually only requires you to become a member of the SNU if you want to start taking part in the healing ceremonies or start giving survival evidence.

I doubt anyone would be going to the spiritualist workshops if they had 'no' belief. :)
Old 09-02-2011, 02:52 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen
Yes everyone abides by the seven principles of spiritualism, but doing so doesn't exclude personal belief as the principles are open to personal interpretation. For example, I used to have a problem with 'the brotherhood of man and the fatherhood of God', but it's phrased that way because of the time period when it was created. Even the head of our Church prays to the divine mother in our opening prayers. We actually dedicated a whole class to the discussion of the principles recently, and it was interesting to hear about everyone's individual thoughts on each one.

Our church actually only requires you to become a member of the SNU if you want to start taking part in the healing ceremonies or start giving survival evidence.

I doubt anyone would be going to the spiritualist workshops if they had 'no' belief. :)

OK, it's interpretation of the Principles' words you're meaning rather than beliefs not associated with the message of survival?

The principles are already showing their age but had to be put together at the time for the reasons all Spiritualists know about....

I would certainly not subscribe to a male-orientated concept as 'fatherhood' but neither would I accept 'motherhood' as the concept of God. Any such notion as personification of God is anathema to me.

As for workshops I suppose 'belief' that personal improvement will come about (expectation rather than belief?) is to be expected but if I speak of 'belief' it's in the field of mainstream religion etc.

There it's vital because such religions have little to offer in terms of explanation of life and life hereafter - save for 'belief' of some sort that we do survive and see our loved ones etc. and also belief in Heaven and Hell, a father-god etc.

I don't need to tell you, SAQ, (but I make the point again for non-Spiritualists!) but Spiritualism requires no such faith or belief in such matters and has evidence of survival and a wholly different explanation for the old-fashioned heaven-and-hell teachings, plus a whole bunch more.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:12 AM
PsychicMediumJake

join a spiritualist church :)
trust me ;)

could you also please follow me on my blog:

www .
diaryofapsychicmedium .
blogspot. com

Thanks
Old 10-02-2011, 12:17 AM
mac

"join a spiritualist church :)
trust me ;) "
yeah, right!

A little more information before anyone trusts anyone is always desirable....

Perhaps you could explain a little more about yourself without us needing to wade through a blog?
Old 10-02-2011, 02:37 AM
equuslife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Yes, that does seems to be how it is going to be for me.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:42 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbie
Such a thought provoking thread. I have always knows that I will be one of those who travel along so to speak, I have also been very very fortunate to meet some along the way ( some on this forum too, you know who you are !! ) whose words and actions have inspired me, given me food for thought, comfort and support during tough times.

I have got nowhere with the two nearerst churches to me, on both occasions being told that the development circles were closed, on both occasions feeling ego big time from the words of those I was speaking to. This was just two churches though and as many others have said, not indicative of spritualist churches as a whole.

Chin up Deepsea, many on here who will chat and ponder with you should you need it

Loved the Big G thing Mac !!

Love to all x

Thanks Orbie!

Paid a visit to the church last night,disaster!
Don't know where the medium came from,bottom of the list,I think.
She was useless,no proof given,no names given,very vague and most of the people she give message to,couldn't understand who or what she was talking about.
Better luck next time.
Deepsea