Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Luna Wolf

Simple Meditation Techniques

Light a bunch of candles in a circle, turn on your Himalayan lamp! Sit down on your lotus flower cushion with your legs behind your ears and just concentrate on your air flow moving in not out of your lungs!
Just kidding! You don't need that fancy stuff, after all everything you need you already have - in your mind - and in your soul!

Ok so here is some very simple Meditation technique for those of us who are just starting out, and our looking for something easy! Whew!

Sit down as you like (you have to feel comfortable) or lay down and close your eyes. Breath normally, and imagine something in front of you in the darkness – what exactly? Something you can focus on, for example I’m imagining a nice, round white crystal, and I stare at it – just like that. Don’t think about anything, just focus on the crystal (or other simple object) and breath – do this for fifteen minutes – and wow YOU JUST MEDITATED!

This will be good to start, you will build your visualization skills, and over time you can change it up!

Next you can visualize staring up at the blue sky, Holding a balloon of every color. Name those colors as you let go of that balloon. Watch it float off into the sky as it fades away. On to the next.
This exercise will help you visualize color and movement.

The next visualization should be of a dog. Fine! a cat too, if your a cat person like 6cats, but your going to have to insert "cat" for dog! See the fur, see the dog wiggle and shake off, like he was just out in the rain. Smell the musty smell of his coat, hear his tags jingle and they clash together, feel his damp fur run under your hands, warm tongue, his nails on the hardwood floor. Feel his excitement of coming inside, his pant of his wet breath. Use all your senses.

Meditation is about clearing your mind and focusing all on one thing. So all your energy is put in one place, instead of running around being unproductive. We draw in energy when we meditate on our will-power with thought flow, and through though flow comes energy flow. When you create with your thoughts you are inreturn creating energy.
What you send out is out there for good. So when you meditate on sending someone light , love & peace your sending positive energies!
You can focus energy into something warm in the palm of your hand, you will feel it in your mind and body, believe. If its real to your mind, its real! Who is to say it is not?

The energy we draw in is stored in our body, you can say in our chakras if you like. This forces their development and ta-da we get psychic abilities!

Focus a few months into meditation visualization and energy manipulation.

Don't study techniques, Just practice this. You will reap the benefits! You will create a sturdy base for practicing techniques. And you will go a lot farther!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Jerboas

Very nice, you managed to bring meditation back to an achievable thing for everyone. A lot of advanced meditations end up with complex mysticisms as people advance their own techniques and apply their own meanings/feelings.

Easy to forget where and how it all starts, i'll be trying a few of these today.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Seeker

thats good, the focusing part is what I need work on and you gave me a lot of ideas. in the past (up to today) i have been trying too hard to have a blank mind and then getting slightly annoyed when my mind drifts away, so it will be alot easier now to focus on a relaxing thing like kayaking down a river or something (which i like doing)
Old 15-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Newbie ;)

some really good ideas i think its so difficult to empty your mind and think of nothing ...lol i seem to have a short attention span my mind wandrs i think i shall start of 5 minutes and see if i can build on that
Old 17-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Animal Zero

Cool, what if I do this with music?