Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-06-2017, 07:55 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
St. John the Baptist stated...
"I baptize you with water. But there is one coming after me, who's sandals I am unworthy to carry, who will baptise you with the Holy Spirit."

Below -
Alternately, the texts in the different chapters read, "the Father will send Him", and also, "I will send Him".

Jesus said,
"But it is good that I go away. For if I do not, the Helper ( the Advocate, the Comforter) will not come. But if I go away I will send him to you."
John 16

John was saying those words about--true followers--there are FEW--many fakes. Yes--the true followers and true teachers get holy spirit--the rest do not.
Old 17-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
What does "preaching" mean? To proclaim or teach a religious message or belief? This takes place in all sections of the forum, with a whole variety of belief systems. So is "Christian preaching" the only kind of preaching frowned upon here, or is there some inconsistency that has been overlooked?

God didn't write it, he inspired it.

Really?? Even the section in the old testament where he commanded the Israelites to murder every man woman and child in Canaan?

What kind of "inspiration" is that?
Old 17-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Really?? Even the section in the old testament where he commanded the Israelites to murder every man woman and child in Canaan?

What kind of "inspiration" is that?

Who are you to question God "Zen"?
Seeing you are in the same boat as the rest of us.
Think you are unique? Do you know anything about the Canaanites? Their horrific beliefs and practices involving "Baalism"?
Perhaps you subscribe to it.

Listen, Holiness exists, so does the righteous judgement of God.

What about ISIS today? Don't think they are worthy of God's judgement?

Curious.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 17-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
Hello Jacqueline and welcome to spiritual forums. You seem like a very energetic person with a lot of energy ozzing through you. In addition to what Sky123 suggested to you, you must do meditations to calm yourself down and listen to your inner being. The Bible is a very good book to read but God did not write it. The Bible is a very good book to read but God did not write it.
Very thoughtful comment and this quote is a keeper. You just made my day. Thanks very much for sharing.
Old 17-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
St. John the Baptist stated...
"I baptize you with water. But there is one coming after me, who's sandals I am unworthy to carry, who will baptise you with the Holy Spirit."

Below -
Alternately, the texts in the different chapters read, "the Father will send Him", and also, "I will send Him".

Jesus said,
"But it is good that I go away. For if I do not, the Helper ( the Advocate, the Comforter) will not come. But if I go away I will send him to you."
John 16

For one... "Him". That is, the very Spirit of the Living God.

Two. The texts bear out Who the Son is regarding Identity, and Authority.
"I will send Him"
"The Father will send Him".
Aligning again, with what Revelation 1:8 and 1:18 are both telling us.

We are to understand that no one comes to salvation, (Rescue), apart from the inspiration of Him.
The Holy Spirit.
(Involving predestination and the elect.)
And when recieved, He indwells... "Sups", with the one who invites and recieves Him.
(Revelation 3:20)

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Who are you to question God "Zen"?

Im not questioning God "Pheus", I am questioning the words in a book that humankind wrote called the Bible. As far as questioning God is concerned, I am sure that the creator of the universe isn't that dysfunctional that he/she would mind me questioning him/her

Quote:
Seeing you are in the same boat as the rest of us.
Think you are unique?

I have no idea what you are talking about

Quote:
Do you know anything about the Canaanites? Their horrific beliefs and practices involving "Baalism"?

Whatever their beliefs are, it does not justify the genocidal slaughtering of innocent children

Quote:
Perhaps you subscribe to it.

No I do not "Pheus" :-)

Quote:
Listen, Holiness exists, so does the righteous judgement of God.

Your beliefs sans evidence are yours and yours alone, perhaps others share them but the same principle applies. No amount of your proselytizing will convince me otherwise.

Quote:
What about ISIS today? Don't think they are worthy of God's judgement?

Curious

ISIS is worthy of mankind's intervention and it is up to mankind to do whatever it takes to stop them, not God. The best way is to go after them and stop them is to go after their funding which should be very easy to do, no funds and they all go home. They need hundreds of millions of dollars to sustain what they are doing. Of course there is also the military option but if they do so they must follow the Geneva convention of war which prohibits the slaughter of non-combatants such as innocent women and children. Too bad the Israelites did not follow that convention and spare the innocent children of Canaan.

Last edited by SeaZen : 18-06-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 18-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Master
You know. Jesus only says "I am the way the truth and the light", "no one comes to the Father but by Me" only In John's Gospel. Never says it anywhere else. And he makes comments on the "Advocate" as the one who makes one aware of the Father. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it's really ridiculous that Christianity, mostly Protestant denominations have gotten so much mileage out of that ONE line in ONLY John's Gospel which is technically "John's Interpretation" of Jesus' mission since that is what the Gospels are.

Jesus isn't speaking of himself as a person living in time and space. Meaning he didn't mean himself as a Man. He meant himself in union with what is "the Way, the Truth, the Light". Who or what is the only way to God because it is God's very own presence? The Holy Spirit

Jesus was speaking from within his soul, from the forces within which were one and same with the universal Holy Spirit. In some early Christian sects the Holy Spirit was called "the Spirit of holiness" or "the anointing Spirit", which is "the Christ". That is not Jesus' last name. It is Jesus' moniker, his title, the name for his vocation. It has nothing to do with him as a personality.

Whatever. I don't bother argue with religious people. They want to stay in the dark and not question anything so be it. I've had these questions as young as 8 years old and I was a huge Jesus freak at that time. There have been many Masters who've graced this earth and they all had a different way of speaking from their soul's consciousness, some far more attuned to God than others; Jesus being the most perfected and connected. But it doesn't mean there is an one and only. John's Gospel reminds me of the ignorance of that time just as people back then believed the Earth was the one and only inhabitable planet, and didn't know the earth was round nor that there was galaxies or a bigger universe. A time when people were limited by their geographical, educational and environmental surroundings. Maybe for the Israelites Jesus was the "one and only Son" but for all of human history that can be questioned
Old 18-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Im not questioning God "Pheus", I am questioning the words in a book that humankind wrote called the Bible. As far as questioning God is concerned, I am sure that the creator of the universe isn't that dysfunctional that he/she would mind me questioning him/her

I have no idea what you are talking about

Whatever their beliefs are, it does not justify the genocidal slaughtering of innocent children

No I do not "Pheus" :-)

Your beliefs sans evidence are yours and yours alone, perhaps others share them but the same principle applies. No amount of your proselytizing will convince me otherwise.

ISIS is worthy of mankind's intervention and it is up to mankind to do whatever it takes to stop them, not God. The best way is to go after them and stop them is to go after their funding which should be very easy to do, no funds and they all go home. They need hundreds of millions of dollars to sustain what they are doing. Of course there is also the military option but if they do so they must follow the Geneva convention of war which prohibits the slaughter of non-combatants such as innocent women and children. Too bad the Israelites did not follow that convention and spare the innocent children of Canaan.

Of course you're welcome to your perspectives.
Meanwhile, lack of knowledge results in your subjective "street view".
The Canaanite's practices, and that of the Amalakites involved the worship of Baal, which included both the sacrificing of their firstborn children to him, and including the goddess Ashoreth, the practice of religious ritual prostitution.

Who knows what diseases existed among these people as well of the time period.

Don't know what I'm talking about?
This illusory situation of humanity and the material world is short and temporary. You'll take your street view perspectives with you into a greater reality of the timeless. Where no doubt everything will be explained to you in full.

Old 19-06-2017, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator
Well....at least "tripadvisor UK" (on the Iran message board!) has decided this text is inappropriate for their website. Trip advisor.com (Mexico) obviously feels the same.

Although the discussion is interesting, a reminder to the OP please of the Spiritual Forums Copy-paste rule, found here:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/fa...q_new_faq_item

Copy-Paste: One or two lines at most of relevant text of material from other sites or sources and a link to the relevant text for further reading is allowed on the condition that the author is credited and the source linked is not a commercial site (promoting or selling goods or services). Quotes of religious texts such as the Bible or Quran must also be no more than one or two lines. Posts that quote or copy-paste more than one or two short lines of text will be removed or edited. Repeatedly breaching this rule will lead to warnings and possible Disciplinary Action.
Old 22-06-2017, 03:43 PM
Experiencer

My late Grandfather was a Atheist, my Grandmother left christianity. I often dream about them, they have not once warned me about hell.