Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 20-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Enya

Totally agree. xxx
Old 21-12-2010, 02:57 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
whats in a word, its the meaning behind it that counts. I agree
Yes and no. Words not only have meaning but also associations.

IMO, interfaith would do much better if it would develop its own language. Taking words one is used to and impute a different meaning, even if this meaning is an accepted one in some circles, just makes it difficult for all the others.

Universal alternatives for Christ consciousness are a challenge as many terms are already used in other faiths. Still one can search for a few which have relatively little baggage. Some possibilities would be:
clear, although Scientology uses it
untainted, too Buddhist?
unblemished
pristine
pure
spotless
perfect
flawless
translucent
cloudless
lucid
empty
Old 21-12-2010, 06:40 AM
mahakali

sometimes associations help us to better fathom a meaning but keep an open mind that things are never 1 way, to me Christ consciousness does not make me think of the religious dogmas behind Christianity.
Old 21-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Master
Perry J-

Jesus was a common person (born by a woman), who attained the Christ Consciousness and showed others how to do the same. The Catholic Church, however, has twisted the teachings and put Jesus on a pedestal, it's considered blasphemy to follow his example, and there is nothing to find within, but we instead have to follow dogmas and priests. This is the greatest scandal of all time. And it has brainwashed us all so deeply.

-------------

I agree and disagree. Jesus was a human being, a soul created by God so are well all. We are all sons/daughters of God. But the pedestal that the Catholic Church is obsessed with needs more research then just plain- "The catholic church has made the greatest evils, blah blah" If anything the Catholic Church out of all the Christian denominations believe in inner-communion with a "formless" Christ as told by St. Theresa of Avila. They believe in "divine" grace which is similar to Buddhism, that others either dis incarnate (Saints) or incarnate or God Himself can bestow grace on an individual to help in their "salvation" or what others call "awakening". Roman Catholicism also believes that The Trinity is meant to indwell within the human person which is very similar to the new age belief of the Christ mind, body, and spirit dwelling within us to make us Christ.

And the Roman Catholic Belief is- "The Son of God became Man so that Man would become God".- St. Thomas Aquinas.

Now. I am not here to defend Catholicism. I have had my problems with it. But the core of their teachings are not in dire need of change. If anything Roman Catholicism needs to borrow is reincarnation and the idea of eternal Hell needs to be dumped away.

The reason why Christianity has a hold on Jesus as special. Is because unlike past prophets such as Moses, Buddha, and such he didn't have to become anything. He was already Christ when he came into his mother's womb. He already had the Christ consciousness. He was the first time since the "archetypal" Adam/Eve, that Christ was manifested as a human. Completely. Buddha lived most of his life looking for the Higher Self, Moses drifted into materialization until he became self-realized in the desert, and many other prophets follow the same pattern.

Jesus is the only one who knew the higher self all long. In Edgar Cayce's readings he says that Jesus was the first soul to be the Christ, the first to die and literally resurrect. He started "The Way". Does not mean others will not do the same, but Cayce explained the Akashic Records that Jesus was special because he was the first soul to be bestowed with the "Christ" title and completely one with God in the flesh.

That is why he is special. Not because he is the only son of God. We all are. But because he is the Elder Brother of the Human Race.
Old 21-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Experiencer

Amilius: thank you.

I agree with you. There are many people within the Catholic Church who are honest and have a heart-felt connection to Christ. What I'm addressing is the highest leadership of it (The Roman Catholic Church), and the Jesuits. The people under it are not the top.
Have you seen this video (Walter Veith: Secret Societies)?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3512583412097#

It would be interesting to hear what you think about it, but I do not expect anything.
Old 22-12-2010, 03:42 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Jesus was a common person (born by a woman), who attained the Christ Consciousness and showed others how to do the same. The Catholic Church, however, has twisted the teachings and put Jesus on a pedestal, it's considered blasphemy to follow his example, and there is nothing to find within, but we instead have to follow dogmas and priests. This is the greatest scandal of all time. And it has brainwashed us all so deeply.
This sound very New Age to me.

Is the aim of interfaith to have faiths infiltrated with New Age, pantheistic or panentheistic, ideas?
Or is it a talk shop where we behave in a civilzed manner, agree to disagree about things we have agreed to disagree before?
Or is it coming together taking part in ceremonies and rituals of other faiths knowing that it makes us feel good and tolerant while understanding little about the meaning of the activity?

Maybe it could be about truly understanding another, but the quoted post already has pointers to the contrary.
Old 22-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Valus

Everyone teaches in their own way.

Some erode rigid systems from the outside.

I prefer to infiltrate the dominant mythology
and subversively reinterpret the "old tablets".

I believe this is what Jesus himself did.

And I know this method has merit,
as I've seen peoples eyes, and hearts, light up.

Sometimes we need to confront the archetypes
at the root of our collective unconscious,
and learn to work with them.

According to Jung, these are psychic organs,
and we damage them, and ourselves, when we reject them.

I believe Jung was right.
Old 22-12-2010, 06:59 AM
Master
Well. There are aspects of pantheism in the ancient Jewish tradition.

Around the time of Abraham to Moses their society of believing in God was for more Buddhistic/Hindu. If someone saved their butt or brought salvation to their cities or helped them out in some way they would address the individual as "anointed one" or The Lord. This can go to King Cyrus (spell check?) who saved them during Babylonian times. King David was called "anointed one". God told Moses- "Be as God to Aaron, and Aaron will be prophet to you." So this sense of "Christhood" or God dwelling in all this as this Omnipresent Energy was very present during early Judaic times. Their "One God" was also a "ONENESS". A oneness of all things. One God, One Nation, One Religion. All things were meant to be one- "Know Israel, the Lord thy God is ONE". NOT, that "Know Israel, there is only one God!" But that the Lord God is ONE. Nothing should be separate from the One Reality, including us!

What separates us from God? We separate ourselves in guilt and unworthiness. The feeling of unworthiness "Belial" makes us separate. That is the only devil we have to deal with in life. Self-created fear, hate, temptation, etc. And others who have willfully accepted the dredging consciousness of "Belial" which is separation, those who basically worship self or fall to it's influence. But even those who we consider "evil" or demonic, God works through because God is never separate from us in spirit. We are all spirits with a body, mind, and soul. Just as God is Spirit with Father, Son, Holy Ghost. God works through the evil in order to rejuvenate our faith in Him and to redeem them from their hate.

The "New Age" is a scam. There is nothing new about reincarnation or karma or levels of consciousness. For 100,000s of years human beings have believed this and will continue to believe it. They are in the Bible, they are in the Bhagvad Gita, the words of Buddha, Plato, Socrates, European philosophers, EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!! But anyone from Sylvia Browne to Eckart Tolle can write thousands of books of their "view". Doesn't mean anything. They are not special. They just make money off of stuff that is already there. Open the Bible with a "world view" and you will see the Literal, Historical, and Metaphysical Meaning. There are 3, just as God is 3, just as Man operates in a 3 dimensional world. But they are all One.

But yes, many "christs" came before Jesus the Christ. Lower case "c", they were filled with that divinity. Guatma Buddha, Moses, King David, Abraham, were all christs before the Christ Jesus. And after we have Babaji, Sai Baba of Shirdi, St. Theresa, St. Francis, St. Anthony, Therese Nuemann, and such who belong to different religions but the one eternal truth that God is ONE and to self-realize your soul divinity.

Now I make the distinction between "christs" and Christ because Jesus' unique mission. It is not because he is better or more divine than these, but because the purpose of his incarnation was to finally bridge the complete oneness of Man and God in the Earth plane and to show Man's oneness of will with God even to the Cross where he took on the sins of his Apostles (who symbolized the twelve zodiac forces in this Solar System) the Roman Empire (the fallen humanity/prodigal son) and the Jewish Leaders (the self-righteous son).

God chose the Jewish People and the promise land where Israel lies because it bridges both East and West. The place where the seven covenants that symbolize the seven chakras were ignited and enlightened. The Jews were a soul group of millions who traveled through many lifetimes as the ones who would bring God's messiah in the world, the seventh chakra birthed, the Christ in flesh. This all was fulfilled in the Man Jesus. He was the chosen one to swing human involution from the long darkness since the archetypal Adam back upward into God.
Old 22-12-2010, 08:28 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
Some erode rigid systems from the outside.

I prefer to infiltrate the dominant mythology
and subversively reinterpret the "old tablets".

I believe this is what Jesus himself did.
Does this mean that interfaith is not about a deeper understanding of your own and other people's faith but about changing the one one has the major gripe with?
Old 22-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Valus

"I, for one, do not wish to make the mistake
of blaming Christianity for what men have done to it."
~ C.G. Jung

For me, it's about restoring the original meanings, as well as discovering new meanings. Keeping it alive. Christianity is a system of symbols, including wise sayings and parables, which is far too valuable not to salvage. It's not the one I have the biggest gripe with, but it is the one I love most and most hate to see corrupted. Augustine wrote: "The church is a wh*re, and she's my mother." I think that sums it up pretty nicely.

The Christian religion, the figure of Christ, and so on, isn't going away. These archetypes, sayings, stories, and this two-thousand-year-old movement comprising one-third of the population of our planet, isn't going away. I think the mature thing to do -- for me, at least -- is try to heal it, and not say, "It's sick, so we have to just write-off two billion people, and let possibly the most potent symbol system in the Western World be perverted or atrophied."

I think it's partly because I've devoted time to appreciating the various religious traditions around the world, that I'm able to reinterpret Christianity with fresh eyes, and to see how what Huxley called "the perennial philosophy" may be more clearly understood with reference to the tradition, and vice versa; how the tradition may be understood with reference to Huxley's esoteric universals.

I don't think anyone would challenge that calling, unless they misunderstood it. I've expressed a willingness to honor the paths and methods of others, and I ask only for the same respect. Of course, I'm not going to lose sleep, if anyone fails to see the significance of what I'm doing.

Last edited by Valus : 24-12-2010 at 04:37 PM.