Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-12-2017, 04:04 AM
Guide

They are reconciled by realizing that they address different spheres of existence and being.
Old 18-12-2017, 04:32 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Both 'exist' and both are methods to explore the nature of reality. Due to limitations in the scientific method, science tends to deal with local physical reality. In my experience they are seldom at odds.

Since neither has provided a 'complete' rendition of reality, there are rare times they seem to be at odds. This resolves itself by more exploration and further understanding.

Neither has addressed 'how' anything 'can exist'.

Perhaps you mean science institutions and religious institutions are at odds??

I don't know, maybe I see it this way because of my experience as a twin flame (I don't have confirmation from my twin flame that we are one, but my experience recently is well described by that theory). We are taught the experience and psychology and upbringing dictates who we are but now I know our souls can be very important as it has been taught to me in my own experience. The idea that we are our family history or our upbringing has been completely thrown out the window for me with my experience as a twin flame. He is someone who I would have never thought I'd share stuff in common with and with whom I would feel so understood and complete around. Anyway, a bit of a tangent but maybe that's where it comes from. I don't know what it was like for you, but spirituality has definitely been a taboo thing in my life and my identification as a scientist on the other hand is very much celebrated,
Old 18-12-2017, 06:50 AM
Seeker

That's pretty much the way I see it.
Old 18-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
... We are taught the experience and psychology and upbringing dictates who we are but now I know our souls can be very important as it has been taught to me in my own experience. The idea that we are our family history or our upbringing has been completely thrown out the window for me with my experience as a twin flame. He is someone who I would have never thought I'd share stuff in common with and with whom I would feel so understood and complete around. Anyway, a bit of a tangent but maybe that's where it comes from.
I agree that the nature of our souls sets much of how we move through experiencing (manifest) reality. Much of what is 'taught' by human society is just wrong. What do you expect from such a limited creature?
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
I don't know what it was like for you, but spirituality has definitely been a taboo thing in my life and my identification as a scientist on the other hand is very much celebrated,
I grew up with Christian religion and science both being valued by my parents. The religion didn't do much for me, I had to explore spirituality on my own. However, I was mostly left alone so no one interfered with my exploration of spirituality. I got a science degree (electronics) and had a successful career as a computer engineer. Unlike most computer people, I heavily leveraged my 'mystical' understanding and knowledge in that pursuit. Both science and spirituality have had (and still do) lots of positive influence on my life here on Earth. As far as the 'larger' reality (beyond space-time) science has been mostly useless. So for me, they often worked together with little conflict.

I get the sense that you are not battling a conflict between science and spirituality but rather are dealing with the negative effects of the taboo on spirituality forced upon you.

I know how hard it is to continue to hold on to beliefs that no one else supports. It must be much harder when they are actively being shut down by others.
Old 18-12-2017, 03:50 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
I agree that the nature of our souls sets much of how we move through experiencing (manifest) reality. Much of what is 'taught' by human society is just wrong. What do you expect from such a limited creature?
I grew up with Christian religion and science both being valued by my parents. The religion didn't do much for me, I had to explore spirituality on my own. However, I was mostly left alone so no one interfered with my exploration of spirituality. I got a science degree (electronics) and had a successful career as a computer engineer. Unlike most computer people, I heavily leveraged my 'mystical' understanding and knowledge in that pursuit. Both science and spirituality have had (and still do) lots of positive influence on my life here on Earth. As far as the 'larger' reality (beyond space-time) science has been mostly useless. So for me, they often worked together with little conflict.

I get the sense that you are not battling a conflict between science and spirituality but rather are dealing with the negative effects of the taboo on spirituality forced upon you.

I know how hard it is to continue to hold on to beliefs that no one else supports. It must be much harder when they are actively being shut down by others.

Well it's both. I was also having a hard time integrating the two in my mind. Like destiny.... That's not taught in science oriented places as I believe my society is. And neither is the concept of souls