Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 05-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Master
Does reality make any sense to you?

It has taken me a while; but I am finally beginning to feel that reality is making some sense to me. The biggest obstacle in my way is that reality is so vast and contains some apparently self-contradictory aspects. I have managed to tie in together all the various beliefs, values, sciences, religions etc. into a cohesive whole.

I am pretty sure that for many people reality does not make much sense at all. It can get very confusing and desperate. That is probably why religion holds so much influence onto us; because we cling onto its security.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I am pretty sure that for many people reality does not make much sense at all.
That's true, and I would say it's because people have either a fear-based understanding of God and spirit (sin and punishment beliefs), or because they have no belief in God and spirit (soulless nihilistic beliefs).

I was lucky back in the 80's, or it was my life destiny, to come across a life-giving and life-affirming spiritual understanding of existence. We are eternal souls. We reincarnate many times, to experience all aspects of existence - the good and bad, the successes and failures - for the purpose of evolving our souls to the point of union with Spirit. The same soul-evolution process Buddha, Jesus and others underwent and completed.

That knowledge has given my life light and purpose. I have never lost faith in life since, knowing the purpose of existence and why I am here.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Lorelyen

Well, yes. I have to live within it (if you're talking about the reality that we construct with our wakeful consciousness).

I don't bother with the mechanics. It's there, I interact with it. Much as I don't need to know how digital video works to be able to use a TV set.

Any quirks that it comes up with, it's convenient to think of them as mainly within me but not without exception... as long as they do me no harm. I'm ok with optical and auditory illusions, the occasional moment of deja vu, telepathy when it happens, hallucinettes.... Matters of interest that sometime rouse my curiosity but as I can rarely prove the weirdities, I have to live with them anyway.

So I suppose I don't look for sense in reality.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 11-05-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It has taken me a while; but I am finally beginning to feel that reality is making some sense to me. The biggest obstacle in my way is that reality is so vast and contains some apparently self-contradictory aspects. I have managed to tie in together all the various beliefs, values, sciences, religions etc. into a cohesive whole.

I am pretty sure that for many people reality does not make much sense at all. It can get very confusing and desperate. That is probably why religion holds so much influence onto us; because we cling onto its security.

There's nothing that doesn't really make sense for me (except perhaps why so many live in the shadows and how this would change).
For the most part, I can see beauty in the world and succumb to its Mysteries. There is great benevolence and Grace in giving up knowledge as the primary. I didn't seek religion for security - I sought it for Ultimate Truth. And in that regard, it has not been false.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 18-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Master
In my opinion you can not put reality in a box or a paradigm; it just won’t fit. Every time I think I know what’s going on something comes along to dispel that thought. The sure foundation of my life is within me, everything else is subject to change.
Old 18-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Master
i define reality as present experience; that definition appears sensible for me.
i hold no faith in an "objective reality" (which is what many people are
speaking of when they refer to "reality"). i am not an object, nor do i believe
that truth is an object; omniscience is not "objective", observation cannot be
removed from an observer.
there are five basic laws of creation, according to Bashar, and these appear
sufficient from his perspective. they are:
1 You exist. (I AM)
2 Everything is Here/Now.
3 The All is one, and the One is all.
4 What you put out is what you get back.
5 The only constant in the universe is change.
[here's a link: http://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/]
Old 26-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i define reality as present experience; that definition appears sensible for me.
i hold no faith in an "objective reality" (which is what many people are
speaking of when they refer to "reality"). i am not an object, nor do i believe
that truth is an object; omniscience is not "objective", observation cannot be
removed from an observer.
there are five basic laws of creation, according to Bashar, and these appear
sufficient from his perspective. they are:
1 You exist. (I AM)
2 Everything is Here/Now.
3 The All is one, and the One is all.
4 What you put out is what you get back.
5 The only constant in the universe is change.
[here's a link: http://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/]

Much thanks for the link, H:O:R:A:C:E! I've bookmarked it and plan to explore. After reading the introduction on the site it's philosophy makes me smile and wish the whole world hold those thoughts...what a paradise that would bring...!

About OPs question regarding reality...which reality? Of the physical, or of consciousness? After a NDE I find that what we call 'reality' (the physical world/universe) isn't the reality. That place where pure consciousness thrives is the reality. My take, anyway.
Old 26-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Master
You know, I always have to laugh when people refer to the spirit world as 'spirit world' and this world as 'real world'...this would indicate that this is the only 'real world' out there because all others must be 'false worlds'.

Reality is subjective.

To some, the world is real...to others, God is real...to some both world and God are real...to others neither world nor God is real...

Reality is real.
Old 26-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
You know, I always have to laugh when people refer to the spirit world as 'spirit world' and this world as 'real world'
I laugh when anything is referred to as spiritual, period. Everything is of Spirit, and is Spirit. Where else would it come from? There is Spirit in its various vibrational manifestions. That's it.
Old 27-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I laugh when anything is referred to as spiritual, period. Everything is of Spirit, and is Spirit. Where else would it come from? There is Spirit in its various vibrational manifestions. That's it.

I marvel and then move on, glad for the reminder, happy for the momentary remembrance of Who I Really Am.