Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 17-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Administrator
Hello

LOOK in the mirror with NOTHING ON and embrace whom is there. If one exercises and eats well feels good it that not good enough.

We are bombarded with images of rake thin woman and that is NOT the reality of most.

I stand with a 6 foot frame and for over a year now I have been at 240 lbs I took of 100 of me but there I sit. NO MATTER what I do there I sit.

The Dr. did a bunch of blood work on me an said that there are thing to watch that are boarderline.....but that has a lot to do with family history there lies something we can NOT always change; we are the make up of our parents and their parents before them.

I went from a size 28 to a 20 in pant size
and that FEELS GOOD if that is where I am to stay I can embrace that one.

Lynn
Old 17-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Master
Thankyou for that, you are right stick thin models is what we have to look "up to" I guess. I mean for example Tyra Banks always talks about hey be proud of your curves etc....but look she lost a **** load of weight last year and looks like one of those stick thin models. So I just don't get it, if I were her I think I would just keep a bit of chubiness on me to show others that stick thin models are not the norm...........I don't know it's all so complicated.
Spiritlite
Old 17-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Thankyou for that, you are right stick thin models is what we have to look "up to" I guess. I mean for example Tyra Banks always talks about hey be proud of your curves etc....but look she lost a **** load of weight last year and looks like one of those stick thin models. So I just don't get it, if I were her I think I would just keep a bit of chubiness on me to show others that stick thin models are not the norm...........I don't know it's all so complicated.
Spiritlite

It's frustrating isn't it. You express happiness and love within your life and yet...
we women are faced with the TV, the radio, the magazines all pointing towards those anorexic women as "our" ideal body image, say what? It only serves to make women who are happy start to doubt themselves and become insecure.
Tyra seems to talk out of both sides of her mouth, doesn't she~and she's become a willing slave to the media.
Old 17-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Master
Yeah sometimes I wonder about Tyra in fact I think she was more stunning when she was chubby, and I think that her now being stick thin is NOT a good message to girls that she tries to encourage to accept their pudginess.
Spiritlite
Old 17-10-2010, 04:07 AM
iolite

Originally Posted by iolite
Spiritlite...

You might have thyroid issues... http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com is a really stellar site for getting more information if you have hypo symptoms but your doctor tells you you don't because your labs are normal.

I will read that because I just got my TSH done and it was "normal"

You might have food allergy issues that cause you to hold on the extra weight and fluid...Many folks report that once they went gluten-free the weight came off easily. I'm not saying you have a gluten problem, just as an example.

How would I know if I have food allergies?

Kinesiology is one way. Cutting out the obvious first: aspertame, high fructose corn syrup, and then going for a couple of weeks or so without gluten, cutting out dairy.. and see if you notice any improvement, those are the obvious. Kinesiology can point out sensitivities to other foods.

You might not be getting enough magnesium and good healthy fat in your diet. Magnesium is really important in keeping the metabolism healthy. Coconut oil is medium chained fatty acids, and helps improve the metabolism.

I take a very good mg supplement everyday and everyday I eat avocadoes which have very healthy fats in them. Is that the same as coconut oil? How do you eat coconut oil?

How much magnesium are you taking and are you sure you're absorbing it. Go to Janie's site (stopthethyroidmadness) and search magnesium. She's listed the specific serum magnesium test you should ask for. I know avocados are good for you and contain the healthy fat, I don't know if they're a substitute for coconut oil. Might be good to research. It certainly wouldn't hurt to cook with it or put some in your morning coffee with cream.

Even if you don't have thyroid issues, you might want to add iodine to your diet (lugols iodine, iodoral to name a couple can be found online). Without sufficient iodine in our diet, our thyroid doesn't work as optimally as it should. Vitamin D (5,000-10,000iu) is another important nutrient and becoming optimal improves energy and helps in weight loss. CoQ10 (100-200mg) is another supplement that provides energy to the mitochondria and indirectly aids in weight loss.

I do take Vitamen D everyday as well as swimming outside in the son. Don't we get iodine in salt? Or is that not the same?

You should get your vitamin D levels tested anyway. I was taking 1,000iu daily for years and when I finally got tested, my level was 12 which is severely deficient. Optimal levels are 70-90ng/ml. No we don't get enough iodine in salt. Our environment is full of lighter halides like fluoride, bromide and chloride that will take up residence in our body's iodine receptors found all over our bodies. One of the top iodine researchers in the US, Dr. David Brownstein recommends a minimum of 25 mg of iodine daily to keep pace with the harmful halides. As much as 50-100mg is needed from anywhere to 6ms to 1year or more to totally saturate your body. The Japanese eating a traditional sea based diet will consume 12mg of iodine daily. Symptoms of iodine deficiency are fibrocystic breasts, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, thyroid nodules, goiter, hypothyroidism, breast cancer. http://www.iodine4health.com

Some other links: http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/iodineindex.html-- As you can see from this link, iodine is a very important nutrient that most of us are deficient in.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org

http://www.chiro.org/nutrition/magne...ate_metabolism

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...se_weight.html
Old 17-10-2010, 04:12 AM
Master
Wow okay I'm definately goign to get coconut oil, I'm taking a very good Mag supplement by Gillham which I've researched is the best there is out there, with very good absorbant rates. It sounds like I need to take more Vit D as I only take 1,000u twice a day. How can I tell if foods have gluten? Does wheatgrass have gluten by any chance?
I am for sure going to look into iodine supplements to be honest I didn't think they existed thankyou so much.
Spiritlite
Old 17-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I swim (well the past two weeks I've been not swimming b/c I'm so tired) about 2-3 miles a week.
I eat very healthy, especially the past 6 months I eat very healthy, but I'm also not a big eater in that I don't graze throughout the day I usually eat lunch then dinner and that's it.
I weigh 200 pounds, although people who see me think I weigh about 180. I don't look it.
But why am I so obsessed, I hate looking at myself in the mirror, I see photos of myself and I want to rip them up because I look SO fat.
What's wrong with me?
Spiritlite
Do I just accept myself as a full figured and round goddess?

So as a nursing student, I'm going to tell you to block out the media. I'm pretty sure you've all about the media and companies and how they get you to buy their product. You work out, you eat healthy, you don't even eat big! It could very well just be that that is your ideal or your peak.

sooooo...To answer your bottom question....Yeah! Just accept yourself as a full figured and round goddess! The way I see it, a goddess is a goddess no matter what she looks like.
Old 17-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Royalite

OR You can try the p90x tapes. It seems to be growing huge here. Pink used it to get in shape, I have an old amigo who said it worked for Him, my school offers classes with it and people are saying that's it's good. It's like lose...30 lbs in 90 days stuff by following the info on the tape?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tNvh...eature=related
Old 17-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Master
Thanks guys
Spiritlite
Old 17-10-2010, 09:58 PM
seekseek

if you are healthy and exercise and eat good, organic, clean foods, and your husband loves your body, what more could a person want? it is very sad that the culture is so obsessed with thin and that everyone is expected to be a carbon copy of everyone else. it is so shallow. and i think most men prefer skin and bones, for some reason. if your husband truly loves you and loves your body the way it is destined to be, you are a very, very lucky woman.

is there a reason why you are concerned with this matter?