Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 04-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Krystalle

I can do it a bit or so people told me and I assume it's something related to the environment/state of mind I am in
I think it would take tremendous will power and control over everything inside and outside you to do it at will in the 3D world!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Silentfeather

I too have been interested in Shape Shifting and after much researching I have found that in the Navajo traditions, shape shifting exists but it has been associated with very evil behaviors and practitioners have to commit to basically a black witch way of life, often having to kill someone close to them, robbing graves and cannibalism. It is thought to be a very evil thing in the Navajo belief systems and its practitioners embody all the negative attributes of greed, jealousy, coveting, manipulating others, murder, etc... I have also heard of other accounts where before colonization, shapeshifting was not always associated with evil but of protecting the tribe. During the European invasion of the Americas, what appeared to be animals would sneak into camps to discern the medicine of the people in the camps. These apparently were shapeshifting scouts doing recon for the protection of their communities. Since the invasion however, at least from what I could learn about the Navajo, the shapeshifters, or skinwalkers, are now black witch loners that are feared by their communities and that curse members of the community they are jealous of or that have things they want or that they perceived have looked at them the wrong way. It could be anything. It doesn't take much. I'm no expert though. There may very well be positive medicine people that also have this power. I'm not sure how they are able to do it but I don't think it's painful. It's one of those magical things that just happens. It's definitely not science, atom by atom shifting. It's a magical transformation. That seems true from what I could find.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Silentfeather

Sorry. I would like to edit the above post but I don't know how to do that yet. I should not have used the description "black witch" since I know nothing about witchcraft or black and white witches except what little I have read about general descriptions that could have been complete nonsense. I apologize to anyone out there that might practice any form of witchcraft and that would take offense to the use of this term, lumped together with terms like, "evil" or "negative" since I certainly know nothing about it. I'm sorry.
Old 31-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Master

Michael Harner's The Way of the Shaman talks about shapeshifting. I do it via shamanism. It's an energy movement that involves connecting with you power or totem animal.
Old 31-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalle
I can do it a bit or so people told me and I assume it's something related to the environment/state of mind I am in
I think it would take tremendous will power and control over everything inside and outside you to do it at will in the 3D world!

State of mind plays an important role with me. I have to be experiencing intense emotions (moreso than usual).
Old 31-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have practiced in the Celtic path of Shaman teachings. It took a year of very disciplined practice to get there but I made the full shift on night. I was able to become a Hummingbird and visit a friend in that form. He had been trying for year's to master this art, so was stunned when I had done it before him. He can run along side his Guide Animal but not shift to it. I went to his room to have him swat at me, like one would a fly.....and then realize the energy signature was ME.

This is done for protections for him, many times to send forth that animal to protect me in the work I do. To keep me from going too deep into meditations ext.

Why I did it was more to see if it was possible to do, I made the error in the bird I choose as they burn so much energy that its a struggle just to make it in life. I thought small, light and maneuverable, but never thought on the energy drain to keep it going.

Like all things there are different cultures and ways of practice. I was given a Native Name in a Ceremony and there was traditional medicines used, the journey I went on then was quite amazing. It was a form of shifting to become one with the land and the name to be absorbed.

Lynn
Old 02-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator
I once shapeshifted, myself during an out-of-body experience. I have never done it since that though. Yes, and at the time (in the early '90s) I found myself instinctively doing it as a defensive move, and there was a lot of strong emotion involved (fight/flight emotion)

Lynn....that's interesting, about the Hummingbird. We see how graceful and beautiful they are, and never think about the tremendous energy they use up just staying alive. I suppose becoming one really brought that awareness home to you.

Many boundaries between one and another -or even between species are illusory to an extent. We can merge with another species by softening the 'edges' of our perception.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Experiencer

I have not but I read that they are the shadow people, or the jinn. They can shapeshift into anything, but mostly what frightens you to scare you.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Knower
I have encountered them on TV, don't be fooled people TV is not real!