Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 27-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Experiencer
Do nice people finish last?

Since I feel like I do. How are you supposed to be empathic and sensitive if you hold the door open for everyone and subsequently your own life progression suffers?
Old 27-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Master
If you let yourself suffer because of others, then stop letting others make you suffer, if you can't help yourself, you cannot help others.
Old 27-09-2011, 10:51 PM
not human

Sorry but that expression is silly.Everybody has their own best interests at heart, that is the nature of the game. Most of the time if you are getting shafted for being 'nice' it is probably that you are operating out of fear and you are being 'nice' hoping to avoid pain. However fear is a huge target and there are plenty of eager archers out there. Genuine caring and empathy has nothing to do with being 'nice'
Old 28-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Genuine caring and empathy has nothing to do with being 'nice'

Really - how so?
Old 28-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Distortedsoundz

Nice people don't finish last, weak people finish last!
Old 28-09-2011, 12:48 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious
Really - how so?
The way I see it is that 'nice' is not a prevailing aspect of self. I don't see how one could possibly judge themselves as being 'nice' or ' not nice' on a consistant basis as our behaviours and motivators change constantly.
True caring, empathy and compassion are manifestations of the heart and the heart is not subject to behavoural labels. Nice is simply how one would generalize oneself or anothers overall facade
Old 28-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortedsoundz
Nice people don't finish last, weak people finish last!

Well, I don't buy that one ~ so-called weak people can be a black-belt ninja or the like. Their learning/training and wisdom takes into consideration those weaknesses and works with them. Like the Karate Kid. Faith also can make weak people strong winners and contenders.

Old 28-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Master
Being nice- firstly you must love yourself enough to want the best for yourself as you would care about others. I got that idea from Jesus.
People with a good name and reputation always come out winners in all the areas that really matter. People who are genuine and good natured are usually spoken well of when they are not present.
Old 28-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Distortedsoundz

What I meant was weak willed, not so much physically weak. If one is a nice person that repeatedly allows others to trample on them, they can't expect to not finish last. It is important to be assertive to some degree no matter how nice you are or you'll end up being a garbage sponge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Well, I don't buy that one ~ so-called weak people can be a black-belt ninja or the like. Their learning/training and wisdom takes into consideration those weaknesses and works with them. Like the Karate Kid. Faith also can make weak people strong winners and contenders.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by Kaere : 29-09-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 28-09-2011, 02:07 AM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortedsoundz
What I meant was weak willed, not so much physically weak. If one is a nice person that repeatedly allows others to trample on them, they can't expect to not finish last. It is important to be assertive to some degree no matter how nice you are or you'll end up being a sh-- sponge!

You're right about that ~ I see your point now.